• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manberg

Predator
Our transfer target should be Liverpool’s negotiator. They’re somehow able to offload average players for a fortune whilst clubs lowball us for our best players, and ask us to cancel the contracts of our average players :mad:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

AG literally told you to put people in ignore but you can't do it because you get a kick out of harassing poster mate, it's all you do.

Countless times I've told you to put me and others on ignore as well but you can't, we're in your head and you want to seem like you're the big man here and you're clearly not.

There's a reason why everyone agrees you've earned the village idiot tag and you just keep proving our point.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

What order would you put Eduoard, Dembele and Morelos? Very different players obviously but which would you get if you were us?

I’ve said when I’ve seen Eduoard play he sort of reminds me of a young Harry Kane whereas I’ve seen very little of Dembele.
Great question.

I'd say Edouard has the highest ceiling out of the 3. Dembele would bring something we lack through the middle and would get on the end of balls and hold up play. In truth and some may see this as my bias I dont genuinely rate Morelos. He is a flat track bully who cannot get over certain mental barriers.

Out of the 3 NOW I would sign Dembele because he will score goals we dont normally score. And that kind of goes back to what I said yesterday about penalty takers taking goals away from others. If you arent hitting penalties you need to do something else to score. Dembele would give you that and he is a big game player.

I reckon Edouard fits the team better because of his style and higher ceiling so he would be my long term target. Ideally in fantasy land you sign both for what they bring.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Status of players we want to see leave -

Greenwood - £1.5M + £1.5M add ons, sold.
Balogun - Seemingly on his way to Germany for £8M
Holding - Impending loan to Newcastle. Loan fee? Maybe £2-3M
Bellerin - Strong interested from PSG. £27M + £4M add ons.
Torreira - £21M total fee seemingly accepted, waiting on more reliable sources.
Kolasinac - Will likely fetch £13M from Leverkussen.
Sokratis - Deal to Napoli, maybe £4M fee.
Chambers/Mustafi - Nothing concrete, both injured.
Elneny - £2M fee max maybe back to Turkey.
Guendouzi - Seem to be struggling, supposedly want over £35M... Will be lucky to get £20-25M.

So in terms of initial fees looks like we're almost guaranteed to be getting £70-85M for the first 7 players on this list which is excellent. Hopefully enough to get Aouar and Partey because Guendouzi will be so difficult to shift.

Its nice because we can make up the money without selling Guendouzi, could loan him. Ideally you sell him, but in any case if we do manage to sell Douzi for the desired amount we will be close to breaking even this summer.

Last edited:

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Wow all things are picking up at the same time. Edu and Vinai Thursday yard sale at full swing.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
I actually had to hid the "show ignored messages" and saw that the covidiot was in full force, smh. The other idiot as well.

That one's about to break. Saw the same behaviour from 14henry (not tagging him because I don't want yet another pm from him).
I’m a covidiot yeah :lol: that’s jokes. Ain’t heard that one before

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Status of players we want to see leave -

Greenwood - £1.5M + £1.5M add ons, sold.
Balogun - Seemingly on his way to Germany for £8M
Holding - Impending loan to Newcastle. Loan fee? Maybe £2-3M
Bellerin - Strong interested from PSG. £27M + £4M add ons.
Torreira - £21M total fee seemingly accepted, waiting on more reliable sources.
Kolasinac - Will likely fetch £13M from Leverkussen.
Sokratis - Deal to Napoli, maybe £4M fee.
Chambers/Mustafi - Nothing concrete, both injured.
Elneny - £2M fee max maybe back to Turkey.
Guendouzi - Seem to be struggling, supposedly want over £35M... Will be lucky to get £20-25M.

So in terms of initial fees looks like we're almost guaranteed to be getting £70-85M for the first 7 players on this list which is excellent. Hopefully enough to get Aouar and Partey because Guendouzi will be so difficult to shift.

Its nice because we can make up the money without selling Guendouzi, could loan him. Ideally you sell him, but in any case if we do manage to sell Douzi for the desired amount we will be close to breaking even this summer.
I’d give my right arm to sign Aouar and Partey this summer, will improve the midfield tenfold. Sick of playing 5 at the back to compensate for our poor midfield.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we can sell Guendouzi 20m+ , Bellerin 35m+ and Torreira 20m+
Plus move off Kola and Sokratis off our wage bill
THEN Partey and Aouar can happen but unfortunately no club is interested in Guendouzi atleast not for the price we will want for him
So its likely we will loan out Guendouzi too and then cash in on him next summer like Holding.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Bellerin, Torreira, Balogun, Sokratis, Holding, Kolasinac

If we sell all them then we really need to be ambitious and sign all our targets.

There still seems to be chatter regarding Lacazette leaving too..

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The question is which one do you go for first? Activate Parteys clause or bid for Aouar?

Aouar is in quarantine and then would have isolate a further two weeks if he came here. So wouldn't be able to train with us until late September anyway.

But he is also the most sought after player.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
The question is which one do you go for first? Activate Parteys clause or bid for Aouar?

Aouar is in quarantine and then would have isolate a further two weeks if he came here. So wouldn't be able to train with us until late September anyway.

Partey's clause means there's no hurry. If you think you can do both, you get the Lyon man first.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

100% Aouar. I see Bayern going for him if/when Thiago leaves. I don't think anyone is gonna touch Partey for his RC considering United just spent money at CM, Juve are broke etc.

Aouar is young and actually quite cheap considering his talent, we should get that wrapped up asap idc if he doesnt start right away. Get the boy in.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
100% Aouar. I see Bayern going for him if/when Thiago leaves. I don't think anyone is gonna touch Partey for his RC considering United just spent money at CM, Juve are broke etc.

Aouar is young and actually quite cheap considering his talent, we should get that wrapped up asap idc if he doesnt start right away. Get the boy in.

If Bayern want him as a replacement it's already too late. Doesn't matter for us if we are quick or not. They're rich, they don't need to wait for a sale and he'd choose them over us

GunnerShy

I think Aouar & Party is unlikely.

With that in mind, everything points to Party as the number one target. With Willian coming in and talk he will play central and Saka likely to be given a go at LCM if required, Auoar is the luxury, Party is the need.

It's proving very difficult to shift our unwanted players at any significant price, and the bids on players we'd like to keep have been far from substantial. I'm not expecting much of a net spend given the redundancies and the fact our players have taken pay cuts.

That said; Willian, Saliba, Gabriel, Party would strengthen our line up for this season and beyond.

But with the fixture congestion it will depend a little on who and how many we lose as well.

The smokey is Lacazette. If he goes, what we get for him and if/how he is replaced.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If we manage to offload Kolasinac, Bellerin and Torreira for the rumoured ~£65m as well as offloading all those wages including the likes of Sokratis, then not buying two CMs would just be plainly unambitious.

We add 30m to that and we can sign the likes of Partey and Aouar which would make us automatic top4 contenders.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If we manage to offload Kolasinac, Bellerin and Torreira for the rumoured ~£65m as well as offloading all those wages including the likes of Sokratis, then not buying two CMs would just be plainly unambitious.

We add 30m to that and we can sign the likes of Partey and Aouar which would make us automatic top4 contenders.

Agreed. Do think two more incomings will happen personally.

benjamin86

Established Member

Doesnt Parteys release clause have to be paid in cash?

MikeVinna

Established Member
I really think selling Bellerin will hurt us.. We need to be shifting Guendouzi on instead. Hector is a role model, decent player, will improve this season, homegrown etc. You people seem way too happy to sell him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989
Top Bottom