• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Sead Kolasinac (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
If Kolasinac goes, I do wonder who backs up Tierney's role (not so much Tierney himself) in the system Arteta is currently running. This fluid 3-4-3/4-3-3 we're running only works because Tierney is able to switch in and out of a LCB and LWB role so fluidly.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

If Kolasinac goes, I do wonder who backs up Tierney's role (not so much Tierney himself) in the system Arteta is currently running. This fluid 3-4-3/4-3-3 we're running only works because Tierney is able to switch in and out of a LCB and LWB role so fluidly.
Looks like Tierney is expected to play everything, Saka and AMN as emergency backups.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Sell, loan or not register!

I guess. But I think at that point we should just loan them out, even if it meant retaining all of the salary. Surely we could get some sort of loan fee for the likes of Özil/Mustafi. Of course, if there are injuries it doesn't work out but I think Mustafi is OK now. And maybe Özil would be very picky about where he'd agree to leave on loan

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

You would like to think if Kola goes AMN stays. Cedric can also play LB and is streets ahead of Kolasinac.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I guess. But I think at that point we should just loan them out, even if it meant retaining all of the salary. Surely we could get some sort of loan fee for the likes of Özil/Mustafi. Of course, if there are injuries it doesn't work out but I think Mustafi is OK now. And maybe Özil would be very picky about where he'd agree to leave on loan

Yes that's the problem, I think Mustafi being a fellow world cup winner would also be picky. Obviously not registering players is a last option but at least its a way of creating non HG spaces if we have to.

al-Ustaadh

You would like to think if Kola goes AMN stays. Cedric can also play LB and is streets ahead of Kolasinac.
I don't see AMN and Cedric as having the ability to play LCB though. That's something Kolasinac can do. But of course, you don't want a back-up on his wages. So I feel, in this area, we might need to go for somebody that can switch between LCB and LWB/LB. Not sure there are many options out there for that.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
We were linked to Nuno Mendes of Sporting in A Bola. Anyone know if the link was any good? A young LB behind Tierney would make sense.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yes that's the problem, I think Mustafi being a fellow world cup winner would also be picky. Obviously not registering players is a last option but at least its a way of creating non HG spaces if we have to.

I think the club know that Sokratis and Torreira will be going just about getting the right price/waiting for Koulibaly in Sok's case. Kolasinac going out the door as well is probably why we've started hitting the Aouar case harder now.

I don't see AMN and Cedric as having the ability to play LCB though. That's something Kolasinac can do. But of course, you don't want a back-up on his wages. So I feel, in this area, we might need to go for somebody that can switch between LCB and LWB/LB. Not sure there are many options out there for that.

I don't see us playing 343 if we do all the business we need to do though. Tierney will be rested in most cup games and Europa league group games, not sure its a big issue unless he has a bad injury.

al-Ustaadh

I don't see us playing 343 if we do all the business we need to do though. Tierney will be rested in most cup games and Europa league group games, not sure its a big issue unless he has a bad injury.
We'll see but Arteta comes off as if he's trying to create a new tactical and strategic approach to football. He's not coming off as someone who wants to play with a set formation but seems to really want players who are fluid in their ability and thus also allow for real fluidity between defense and attack.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We'll see but Arteta comes off as if he's trying to create a new tactical and strategic approach to football. He's not coming off as someone who wants to play with a set formation but seems to really want players who are fluid in their ability and thus also allow for real fluidity between defense and attack.

Not sure, I think he might just be playing like this because he doesn't have the players yet. He creates an overload and uncertainty by using a 343 with AMN at LWB bombing up front, which in turn will create more chances for us no matter who we have on the pitch.

Tactically its a joy to watch, not sure how practical it is though.

I'm also not sure if Aouar - Xhaka/Ceballos works as a midfield pair.

al-Ustaadh

Not sure, I think he might just be playing like this because he doesn't have the players yet. He creates an overload and uncertainty by using a 343 with AMN at LWB bombing up front, which in turn will create more chances for us no matter who we have on the pitch.

Tactically its a joy to watch, not sure how practical it is though.

I'm also not sure if Aouar - Xhaka/Ceballos works as a midfield pair.
AMN's role turns into more a center midfield one when we go into attack. That's another position I'm not sure we have the individual to be an adequate back up to be able to do that. AMN is a one of a kind in a lot of ways.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think the club know that Sokratis and Torreira will be going just about getting the right price/waiting for Koulibaly in Sok's case. Kolasinac going out the door as well is probably why we've started hitting the Aouar case harder now.

Yes but with Torreira, Kola and Sok going we still need to lose 1 more Non HG if we want both Partey & Aouar, that's why I'm talking about not registering someone to make space.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yes but with Torreira, Kola and Sok going we still need to lose 1 more Non HG if we want both Partey & Aouar, that's why I'm talking about not registering someone to make space.

I don't think it'll get that deep. I think you'll see Elneny loaned or Mustafi sold/loaned by the end of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom