• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
In theory swap deals should be preferable for Atletico considering they can only spend a fraction of what they bring in. Having said that they probably value Partey at €60-70m ignoring the clause so we’d still have to pay a sizeable fee.
depends i'd rather we come in agreement selling Torreira to them and pay Partey release clause in 2 installments. both sides wins.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Atletico don’t have 20-30M to waste on a terrible footballer like Torreira :lol:.

This is like all those clubs who want Lacazette according to @American_Gooner , but none have made a ****ing cash bid. All fake news I think.
it's coming from reliable journalist in his country doesn't mean he awful footballer

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
In theory swap deals should be preferable for Atletico considering they can only spend a fraction of what they bring in. Having said that they probably value Partey at €60-70m ignoring the clause so we’d still have to pay a sizeable fee.

Basically yeah, we could likely bid that much if paying in installments was preferred.

Reckon we mightve been told that and quoted a ridiculous price.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Anyhow this just might be Arsenal or the agent leaking to get the Italians to move their asses.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He can’t pass, think that limits his options. They have his types walking the streets in Spain and Italy and they aren’t even pro footballers.

You opinion on him is really weird. He just doesn't fit this country, for that reason you think he's awful :lol:

Played very well for us when he first arrived. Torino, Fiorentina, Roma, Milan and now Atletico all reliably interested. If our price is putting teams off that's not Torreira's fault and doesn't make him **** either.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The usual suspects will probably soil their pants if no team has the financial means to sign him this summer.

Fits their narrative of ; bUt nO tEam cAmE iN fOR hIM

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Release clause has to be paid in full. No swaps. But what's to say Atletico don't just return the money after they've got them.

That's not how it works. The release clause is a non-negotiable amount that if the club are given they have to accept. If they wish they can accept any amount or deal they want. Clubs in Spain do so all the time

GDeep™

League is very weak
The usual suspects will probably soil their pants if no team has the financial means to sign him this summer.

Fits their narrative of ; bUt nO tEam cAmE iN fOR hIM
Why you always so tribalistic ffs, all your posts are crying about others opinions and putting labels on them. I’m an Arsenal fan who doesn’t rate Lucas, rightly so, he’s been horrible here.

Malky

Established Member
This must be one of those great AM truths. I'm not gonna argue on it, just put this here, because you're wrong again.

Got like 2 mins in and still waiting for the part that proves he can pass? What he's shown in the video is the most basic of passing, I can see overweight 40 year olds pinging it about better at the Power League on a Tuesday night, for **** sake. :lol:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Why you always so tribalistic ffs, all your posts are crying about others opinions and putting labels on them. I’m an Arsenal fan who doesn’t rate Lucas, rightly so, he’s been horrible here.
Not rating him is fine. I get that. I have a few players myself that you know I don't rate.

But I think you and your mates have taken it to the extreme and even calling him a midget and some other disgusting names.

I'm not tribalistic. Besides, the usual suspects are always calling out the bum squad. So it's only fair they're called out too.

Torreira is not a bad footballer. He was our best player in the first half of last two season. He was putting in man of the match performances for up until his form went off a cliff. Then last season Unai decided he should become a No10 and that destroyed his confidence.

Coupled with the fact that Arteta doesn't really think that he fits current Arsenal team which is fair enough.

But saying ridiculous things like "There are plenty non-footballers who are as good as him in football" is just ridiculous.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Not rating him is fine. I get that. I have a few players myself that you know I don't rate.

But I think you and your mates have taken it to the extreme and even calling him a midget and some other disgusting names.

I'm not tribalistic. Besides, the usual suspects are always calling out the bum squad. So it's only fair they're called out too.

Torreira is not a bad footballer. He was our best player in the first half of last two season. He was putting in man of the match performances for up until his form went off a cliff. Then last season Unai decided he should become a No10 and that destroyed his confidence.

Coupled with the fact that Arteta doesn't really think that he fits current Arsenal team which is fair enough.

But saying ridiculous things like "There are plenty non-footballers who are as good as him in football" is just ridiculous.

You are talking to a teenager who say that Aubameyang is a terrible footballer. Dont take him seriously.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Got like 2 mins in and still waiting for the part that proves he can pass? What he's shown in the video is the most basic of passing, I can see overweight 40 year olds pinging it about better at the Power League on a Tuesday night, for **** sake. :lol:

If you really watched it, you'd see at least couple long balls/through balls. And it's a short video. He can definitely pass, not the best, but not the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom