• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
@American_Gooner getting called out again I see, beautiful.

Only he would try to support and justify having 22 CB’s and 3 midfielders in a squad.
I'd ask you to link me to a post where I said having all these CB's is a good thing but I know you wouldn't be able to find one, so you'd just ignore this post like you always do when you can't refute me. :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Can you be sure that Arteta wanted them? They are more like Raul and Kia signings to me. Only signing we made that I can be sure Arteta wanted was Gabriel.
Based on what Arteta said, there seems to be some tactical thought in there.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I would normally say this--not a fan of 3 at the back formations--but Arteta's formation is so clearly set up as a 3-4-3/4-3-3 hybrid, and so fluidly done, that I don't think we can complain too much, I don't really see what would be a better lineup than a Tierney-Gabriel-Luiz-Bellerín Xhaka-Ceballos-Saka Auba-Laca-Willian in possession, given our personnel. (And that's what it is in possession, that's what he chose against West Ham minus Kola for Tierney because of injury)

Arteta knows what he's doing! Right lineup today. God I hope he gets a creative player, would love to see what he can do with some more interesting tools.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Ejfe-I2XkAIUurX

6/7 wins this season.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Good victory, complete control, we're starting to put in the type of performances with real control that will soon have our xG reflecting more our results level.

Needs are there for all to see: more quality alongside Ceballos in central midfield, and someone to reliably create chances in between lines. Being able to play a 4-3-3 with Ceballos-Thomas-Aouar in the middle and Saka and Willian on the wings, with Auba through the centre for example, would certainly produce some good football given Saka and Willian are both creative wingers.

Good sub today, making the necessary change early on--you could tell immediately getting Willian faced up to goal to create a bit more and Auba centrally where Nketiah wasn't offering anything was going to pay dividends.

Manberg

Predator
Good game management won the game with the changes to the front 3 and instructing runs into the box from Bellerin and such.

Pretty sure Arteta wants signings, particularly midfielders, but he’s not in control of the club’s purse Stan is.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
We missed both.

Cazorlas best games for us were as a CM. Ozils best games for us were as an AM. Different players offering different things.

Don't think we will ever see a Cazorla for a few generations to come.
Özil has always been inconsistent and not involved enough in the general play.
Arteta learned most of his tactical knowledge from Pep. And Arteta has said it before that he wants to play attacking football. However, the quality of our players does not allow him to.

If you look at our team, we have skillless players like aubameyang, lacazette, nketiah, Özil, willock......You can’t have more than one of them on the pitch but expecting entertaining football to be played, that's just impossible. That’s why I was always against the signing of aubameyang, lacazette and Özil, never liked them.

Our team need a prime thiago, aouar, coutinho, firmino, benzema, neymar, suarez, cazorla, nasri, hleb, sanchez, van perise, iniesta, kdb, silva......we need to have 5 or 6 skillful players on the pitch to play beautiful football.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Get Coutinho and Aouar.

——Willian——Martinelli——Pepe——
——Aouar——Ceballos——Coutinho——
——LB——CB————CB——RB——
————————GK——————————

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Özil has always been inconsistent and not involved enough in the general play.
Thats not true, in his first 3 seasons here, Özil was easily our best and consistent player. Guy was close to breaking the PL assist record with Giroud and Walcott in the team.

Lets atleast respect what the man brought to us during his peak years. His consistency floored when he got that new deal, but prior to that he was at a very high level.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Thats not true, in his first 3 seasons here, Özil was easily our best and consistent player. Guy was close to breaking the PL assist record with Giroud and Walcott in the team.

Lets atleast respect what the man brought to us during his peak years. His consistency floored when he got that new deal, but prior to that he was at a very high level.
Not true. He would be invisible for 86 mins, and then give you 4 assist passes in the remaining 4 mins. No general play involvement.

He does it once every 4 games, so on average he looks like he is assisting once every game. In fact, he was so inconsistent he could only perform once a while. And even when he performs, he didn’t involved in any team play other than making the assists.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom