• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: Pyramid Pirlo

Pick one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Denilson was lazy compared to ElNeny, if you compare engines and work ethics , we have an upgrade.

Completely agree. What's also helping el neny is the system, he isn't the most athletic but in a system where everyone is pressing together he doesn't get isolated. Also it seemed yesterday he had an extra yard in his acceleration...never seen him run past 2 -3 players before as he did yesterday.

Really excited about this midfield duo.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Elneny is not a top player but in the right system he can give you top performances.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Whenever Leno played it to him, he was pretty calm and quickly passed it around to the full backs even when pressed. Xhaka used to struggle with this usually.

looks simple but he kept making inch perfect passes to the fullbacks on one touch with perfect weight on the ball. He always look he has much more time on the ball than xhaka/ceballos who constantly has to rush. If he really believes in himself and add running with the ball to his game. He will blow them out of the way.

Jae

Such a neat and tidy footballer. Nothing marvellous but rock solid.

Always shows for the ball and wants possession, will happily demand the ball with a player on his back, will hassle opposition players and closes down quickly, hardly ever misplaces a pass, plays quick one touch passes, doesn't dwell on the ball and his play is always positive. To top it off he's probably got the best engine in the squad.

Basically the Superman to Xhaka's Lex Luthor :lol:

Sometimes you just need someone who isn't particularly spectacular but is willing to leave it all on the pitch, do all the running and dirty work and keep the team ticking over.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Always shows for the ball and wants possession, will happily demand the ball with a player on his back
I was a bit scared when Leno was passing to him under pressure, but he was so cool on the ball under pressure, think he didn't make a single mistake. That was the main reason why I wanted Ceballos to play, but looks like Elneny can handle that

Reactions: Jae

TornadoTed

Established Member
I feel our midfield is far more Liverpool like with Mo and Partey together. Not beautiful on the eye but both can handle the physicality, have huge engines and mobility to control games. Although it's maybe not what we have been used to in the past as Arsenal fans I am not against this type of midfield. We just need the players in front of them who can provide the magic and create for themselves.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I agree that Elneny isn't really all that different from when he arrived or how he was playing for Basel. People have completely forgotten he practically came in and saved our season.

I've repeatedly said here that if Elneny was at Liverpool or City under Klopp or Pep, they'd have turned him into a machine by now. He is the perfect efficiency player for modern football.

What has changed here is basically Arteta. Wenger thought Xhaka was a box to box player and tried to mould him into one first and Elneny arrived as a box to box player but Wenger tried to force him into a deep lying player playing percentage passes. What Arteta is doing is he's played both players in their actual roles and they've done better.

And with Partey beside a player like Elneny, they're basically a balanced and efficient couple with complementary games. Its not like with Xhaka and Ramsey who are extremely flawed and limited to extreme ends with one or two redeeming traits forcing them to need the team oriented to hide their obvious misgivings and proneness to being exposed otherwise. Elneny and Partey are modern players with balanced attributes geared towards efficiency first and foremost with a strong athletic profile.

The other thing regarding the general opinion of Elneny is based on his looks and nationality honestly. The same player with a different head, haircut and a more prominent football nationality would've gotten different treatment to begin with whether we like it or not.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I’ve had watch the game again to make sure I wasn’t hallucinating off the Yorkshire pudding ffs. Yep, he was that good. Problem is the only way is down now :lol:

He's been much better since he came back to us in May, yesterday was clearly his best game for us. I dont accept people claiming he's the same player he's always been, he's not! He's added moving with the ball, getting more involved and tackling to his game. He was always a good passer but simple short passes, that's all changed. If he keeps it up he's a nailed on starter beside Partey. They both managed a shot yesterday as well!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He's been much better since he came back to us in May, yesterday was clearly his best game for us. I dont accept people claiming he's the same player he's always been, he's not! He's added moving with the ball, getting more involved and tackling to his game. He was always a good passer but simple short passes, that's all changed. If he keeps it up he's a nailed on starter beside Partey. They both managed a shot yesterday as well!
It’s hard to imagine time away somewhere else not changing your outlook—we’re only human at the end of the day. I don’t know how much of that is to do with it, or just Mikel... I didn’t watch any of his games in Turkey so I never saw what role he was entrusted with for Besiktas... Was it the same that he was asked to do since day 1 at Arsenal? Was he encouraged to be more expensive and bright? I might have to do a bit of research down my local Turkish restaurant to get to the bottom of this. Mehmet and Murat will settle this over the Ocakbasi :drool:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
It’s hard to imagine time away somewhere else not changing your outlook—we’re only human at the end of the day. I don’t know how much of that is to do with it, or just Mikel... I didn’t watch any of his games in Turkey so I never saw what role he was entrusted with for Besiktas... Was it the same that he was asked to do since day 1 at Arsenal? Was he encouraged to be more expensive and bright? I might have to do a bit of research down my local Turkish restaurant to get to the bottom of this. Mehmet and Murat will settle this over the Ocakbasi :drool:

I definitely think Arteta has played a big part, I should have said that. I didn't see any of him in Turkey either. Whether he developed there or here, he's definitely a different player now. Long may it last!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom