• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: Pyramid Pirlo

Pick one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Ermmmmm I just checked the map Egypt is northeast Africa. As for "arab" u mean Middle East? Middle East is part of Asia....Sorry i seemed like a Geography-nazi, but somehow i just cant stand it when people just stereotype middle east as "Arab". If you said he is underrated because he speaks arabic then maybe i can accept it.
nah man.. arab isnt wrong

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

You guys are slow :lol:

I’ve always been a fan tbh. Can’t see why we wanted to sign Jorginho when we have this guy here. When Partey plays he’s a starter for me.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
He’s doing what Coquelin did back in 15/16 and winning his spot in the team. He didn’t deserve to be dropped when we signed Partey he’s been better than Ceballos/Granit Xavi and he deserves to start based on performances.

kash2

imagine sending him on loan and buying douzi for 8m and playing him nonstop. This club (and forum) had totally lost all footballing sense. People were rating torreira and ceballos type central midfielders.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

imagine sending him on loan and buying douzi for 8m and playing him nonstop. This club (and forum) had totally lost all footballing sense. People were rating torreira and ceballos type central midfielders.
I don’t mind Ceballos. Thought he was trash until he gave it a go around project restart.

Elneny more my preference though as long as Partey is on the pitch. Our midfield actually looked respectable yesterday for the first time in years.

Only seen it in Europa and once in the league, I hope we see it again.

kash2

I don’t mind Ceballos. Thought he was trash until he gave it a go around project restart.

Elneny more my preference though as long as Partey is on the pitch. Our midfield actually looked respectable yesterday for the first time in years.

Only seen it in Europa and once in the league, I hope we see it again.
he just doesnt have the tools to play the pivot role. takes forever to sort his feet out

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

he just doesnt have the tools to play the pivot role. takes forever to sort his feet out
Ceballos? I would actually agree about his feet getting tangled and that’s why his best performances for us have been in the pivot role where he has a bit more time.

Also why he has looked absolutely **** for us anytime he has played further forward for us.

scytheavatar

Established Member
ar98p1k0xrw51.jpg

Might Gliberto be proven right?

balthazar

Ermmmmm I just checked the map Egypt is northeast Africa. As for "arab" u mean Middle East? Middle East is part of Asia....Sorry i seemed like a Geography-nazi, but somehow i just cant stand it when people just stereotype middle east as "Arab". If you said he is underrated because he speaks arabic then maybe i can accept it.

I know where Africa is. What I means is that sub-Saharan player get lots of love, while Arabs, Iranians, are easily underrated for not being from traditionally super strong football nations. If we call El Neny an African player than we also should call Golovin an Asian player.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
In fairness it was always Vieira and somebody, wether that was Gilberto, Edu or Petit. I think Elneny is closer to Gilberto personally.

In a two Partey - Elneny seems to be the most balanced option. May have just stumbled upon something beautiful here.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I know where Africa is. What I means is that sub-Saharan player get lots of love, while Arabs, Iranians, are easily underrated for not being from traditionally super strong football nations. If we call El Neny an African player than we also should call Golovin an Asian player.
Mate stop this nonsense. El neny has always had a lot of love from me over the years.

I could never understand why a player who rarely gives the ball away, such a good first time passer hesitates when passing forward.

Clearly he's come back with a point to prove, which so far he's doing but the talent is there. He was our best player when we played at the camp nou.

But the criticism has also been fair in general....some will of course can be a little hyperbolic but that's just the same when he's given a great perform. That's the nature of forums.

So just chill and don't take this conversation down this daft route. None of us would underrated Mahrez or Salah.

You're forgetting how much stick denilson got and he was very similar to el neny.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Elneny has always been an ok player, he rarely loses the ball and keeps it simple. That has changed since he came back to us. Yesterday he was still doing the basics but also getting more involved, fighting for the ball, moving with the ball, a few nice touches here and there and even a shot at goal. I've always said he's a good squad player but with that kind of performance he's now a very good player and a reliable starter against any team.

People cant pretend he's always been this player, his game has developed, well done to him and well done to Arteta for seeing it. Its funny really, many thought Partey might come here and bench Xhaka but Elneny has done it himself. I think we finally have a solid reliable midfield paring. Now we need a player just in front to pull the strings in attack.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Did suggest very early on in the season that he would suit Arteta’s football. Press resistant, good pass and mover and an unreal engine. Mikel doesn’t seem to require much more than that at the moment.

Looks like this Liverpool type midfield is the best for us, two high energy box to box guys that are relatively good at everything.

I still think this is the same player we’ve always had though, just playing in a system that suits him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 29

Bruno Guimaraes’ representatives have been told by Newcastle that he won’t be sold unless his release clause is triggered [TBR Football]

Arsenal are one of a number of clubs interested in Leeds’ 18 year old midfielder Archie Gray [Fabrizio Romano]

Kia Joorabchian has claimed striker Joshua Zirkzee is pushing towards a move to Arsenal [Corriere dello Sport]

Arsenal have moved on from midfielder Martin Zubimendi and are targeting other players in the position instead [HITC]

RB Leipzig striker Benjamin Šeško is the club’s number one target this summer [John Cross - The Mirror]

Any move for Bruno Guimaraes or Douglas Luiz depends on the departure of Thomas Partey [Sami Mokbel - The Mail]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom