• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mohamed Elneny: Pyramid Pirlo

Pick one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Elnenny is kind of a weird player. It almost feels like he plays to the level of his partner. He's never been a guy who you really worry will screw things up just kind of underwhelming but next to Partey he gets a chance to really let his best attributes shine.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I see people still conflating pre loan and post loan Elneny in their assessments, saying he’s basic etc. Throw it in the bin.

No he’s not suddenly Xavi but what’s been clear since the Community Shield is that he’s returned a completely different player. He played even better against Fulham and was our driving force in the turnaround v Sheffield Utd. This isn’t new.

His passing has a cutting edge now and he’s a guy who is clearly motivated to prove himself. Kudos.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Gilberto used to get all kinds of stick. I think it is partly the position and role that some fans simply don't get.
What did people use to say about Gilberto? I wasn't around for his playing days but I've always assumed he was appreciated

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The loan at Besiktas was good for him he was not playing here even tho Turkish league is not the best but he needed play time to get back to his days when he first joined us.

Still Allah save him from own goal today.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Really enjoyed watching him today. For me, he's Parteys main CM partner until further notice. Honestly gonna have to have a total rethink on him lately. He's really stepping up.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What did people use to say about Gilberto? I wasn't around for his playing days but I've always assumed he was appreciated

Quite a few fans complained he offered nothing going forward. The invisible wall mocked as the invisible man. That betrayed a lack of understanding of his role in my opinion.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

El-Neny hadls always had mostly mental limitations. He's always had totally reliable technique, a great engine, accurate short and medium passing, positional awareness.

You never worry if he has the ball, he's not going to lose it or do a silly compromising pass.

If Arteta has given him/or he's developed himself the belief to break the mental limitations and be more progressive he can be a really good player

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Having competition in midfield always help xhaka since joining had it easy there was no player forcing the manager to leave him out the same can be said with Ceballos let's see how they'll respond after Elneny performance today.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I was just thinking that; he picked something up at Besiktas... Change of atmosphere, surroundings, coaching... whatever it was, he came back here a more confident player, it seems. Or maybe it's all Mikel and the confidence he's shown in him? Either way, this partnership with Partey looks like it will stand the test.
It’s all Mikel and team set up/role. He’s the same player now that he’s always been.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
Really enjoyed watching him today. For me, he's Parteys main CM partner until further notice. Honestly gonna have to have a total rethink on him lately. He's really stepping up.

The more I see Thomas play the more I'm convinced he's not a traditional DM. Like Kovacic or Frenkie de Jong; he's best when he has a partner that allows him to express himself on the pitch. He also takes a lot of risks!

Elneny complements Partey really well. I don't know how Xhaka/Ceballos and Partey would work in a midfield 2.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Elnenny is kind of a weird player. It almost feels like he plays to the level of his partner. He's never been a guy who you really worry will screw things up just kind of underwhelming but next to Partey he gets a chance to really let his best attributes shine.
What if all these years we've been trying to find a partner for Xhaka, we should have been doing it for Elneny instead?

Chaoz_Enigma

Actually, I think African players get lots of love, but probably underrated because he is Arab
Ermmmmm I just checked the map Egypt is northeast Africa. As for "arab" u mean Middle East? Middle East is part of Asia....Sorry i seemed like a Geography-nazi, but somehow i just cant stand it when people just stereotype middle east as "Arab". If you said he is underrated because he speaks arabic then maybe i can accept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom