• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

There aren't many players in the world who can contribute to lovely build up and also be super direct on the ball. We're talking maybe like three? Arteta is happy with Auba being his direct guy, he basically wants a Grealish type on his right wing.
I was with you until Grealish, I don't think Arteta would vibe with Grealish at all.

He does what he wants at Villa and off the pitch, I don't know if hes the non negotiable type. Grealish tracking back and carrying out the passes Arteta picks out for him from the touchline? just don't see it.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Think Pump and Riou are spot on tbh.

Sterling didn't suddenly become good at City, people do act like Pep/Arteta made him what he is today - they definitely helped but he always had it, that's why he was signed by title contenders.
Sterling was high potential, always has been.

But you can't ignore the jump in numbers under Guardiola. He didn't improve his actual finishing in the first few Guardiola seasons, he just got in much better positions, it's only in the last year or so that you can see his shot technique is a lot better.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I don't think Pepe needs to be "carried", he can create just not in the way someone like Bernado Silva or Grealish or other playmaking wingers can create and we know he can score.

He can get in behind, he can dribble, he can pass, shoot and cross. You're reducing him to a prime walcott who tbf was very effective but literally just got in behind and shot/crossed.

There aren't many players in the world who can contribute to lovely build up and also be super direct on the ball. We're talking maybe like three? Arteta is happy with Auba being his direct guy, he basically wants a Grealish type on his right wing.

I think he was just bought at the wrong time, was Pepe...he's basically just a different version of Auba it seems (an end product guy) and we can only really play to the strengths of one of them.

Moah

I'm hearing this code for "he needs to do better in the bleep test".

@Jury was right, we can't take what Arteta says too seriously. He's basically asking Pepe to be Messi.:lol::lol:
"Through the 90 minutes, in every action, every ball, every time he's on the ball, he needs to make a difference."
I doubt even Messi could pull this off. How can a player be motivated to improve if what is required of him is humanly impossible. :lol:

Any hope Pepe had should be squashed when Arteta signed a 40-year-old player for three years to replace him.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Sterling was high potential, always has been.

But you can't ignore the jump in numbers under Guardiola. He didn't improve his actual finishing in the first few Guardiola seasons, he just got in much better positions, it's only in the last year or so that you can see his shot technique is a lot better.

You can't ignore it but at the same time at City he's surround by world class players so he doesn't have to do as much. Like when he was in his final season at Liverpool after Suarez left and Sturridge got injured all the time he had to do a lot by himself. Once you surrounded him with guys like KDB/David Silva and forwards like Aguero who take a lot of defenders attention he could do a lot more. Think he's the type of player that needs quality around him to thrive.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

This is just something impossible to ask from a player, specially a winger. No one in the current best 11, fulfills all he is asking from Pepe.

Pepe is a good player, but I just can't see it work with how Arteta plays.
Arteta has got a strict way of how he handles players and his requirements aren't flexible with the players.

Some players just need a little bit more freedom than others. Pepe's style of play will not work while each and every move he has to do are being yelled from the sideline.

Manager's always bullsh*t to the press though, no one can take what they seriously. Arsène use to do it all the time.

Moah

Manager's always bullsh*t to the press though, no one can take what they seriously. Arsène use to do it all the time.
I know they lie but they never demand the impossible. In previous interviews he is usually encouraging, but he just squashed him yesterday.

The bullshit came after this comment, he said, "but he's in the right path.".

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Cant disagree with what Arteta is saying, Pepe must be infuriating for a manager. When the ball gets to him, you don't know if he will do something brilliant or something terrible, the guy has to be more consistent.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You can't ignore it but at the same time at City he's surround by world class players so he doesn't have to do as much. Like when he was in his final season at Liverpool after Suarez left and Sturridge got injured all the time he had to do a lot by himself. Once you surrounded him with guys like KDB/David Silva and forwards like Aguero who take a lot of defenders attention he could do a lot more. Think he's the type of player that needs quality around him to thrive.
Like most good players tbh.

Think it's very rare in football to have those players who can lift a whole team singlehandedly. Maybe it's because they get purchased by a big club quite quickly but it's more of a team game now than it ever has been.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I'm hearing this is code for "he needs to do better in the bleep test".

@Jury was right, we can't take what Arteta says too seriously. He's basically asking Pepe to be Messi.:lol::lol:
I think it translates as ‘just don’t be wasteful tosser’. He wants him to aim high but he’ll accept much less. That’s management son.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Pepe is a completely different player when it comes to receiving the ball. He is fully capable of nutmegging an onrushing player from behind. Centre backs will drop off out of fear. He has the ability to play the role and he can easily match Lacazette's work rate.
Pepe's lack of balance in that position will make it difficult for him to do the things you say when he's not able to do it out wide, where there's more space for him. And to say that he can easily match Laca's work rate is ridiculous. Let's agree to disagree.

Finesse

Willian lost the ball almost as many times as Pepe and he got subbed.

I can’t see why Willian starts.

Again Willian did not lose the ball 15 times yesterday like Pepe. More than any other player ! If Pepe does not do more and cut out these very basic errors etc then he will be overtaken by Martinelli / Nelson overtime. Elneny has proven that. No one would be worried next game with Xhaka and Dani on the bench. 8 days into the League and you would not believe this from day one.

Watch the match cam and see how Arteta was literally coaching him throughout the game. That is time and dedication to Pepe. He should take it.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Again Willian did not lose the ball 15 times yesterday like Pepe. More than any other player !
Yeah Pepe lost it the most in an Arsenal shirt definitely but he played 90 mins. Willian lost it 10 or 11 times in the first half though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom