• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Pepe's lack of balance in that position will make it difficult for him to do the things you say when he's not able to do it out wide, where there's more space for him. And to say that he can easily match Laca's work rate is ridiculous. Let's agree to disagree.

Why is it ridiculous to state he could run as much as Lacazette does if he was played in that position.

Lacazette covers the opposition half and into the middle third. Pepe runs up an down the wing the entire game. He also does more sprints than Lacazette and can complete a full 90 without looking gassed and still sprinting at the end.

Lacazette tracking back and tackling a cm is a misconception of how hard he actually works. Its basic running ffs. Working hard beyond limits is pressing Lindeolf off the pitch in the 92nd minute, something Lacazette is incapable of as he is gased by 65 minutes.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Again Willian did not lose the ball 15 times yesterday like Pepe. More than any other player ! If Pepe does not do more and cut out these very basic errors etc then he will be overtaken by Martinelli / Nelson overtime.
It's a complete lie that he loses the ball like he did yesterday in every game. He is short of confidence atm with Arteta on his back, it's actually amazing to see that he still finds the end product despite that.

I have a feeling that some of you want to see him fail here, and once Nelson or whoever takes over, you will write the same c**p about them

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I love this guy and think I always will. I just think he has all the tools that if he put together would be one of the best in the world.

Does he have the mind to do it though?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So, he doesn't have all the tools then?

That remains to be seen. He has all the physical and technical tools. If he can figure out how to become super efficient in their use then he could be absolutely great.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
He has all the physical and technical tools.
I wouldn't go that far. Like I keep mentioning, his balance is terrible and he hasn't fixed it along with his physical weaknesses since coming here.

He's also one footed. Yeah, he scored that goal against the plumbers last week, but I saw him cross the ball yesterday with his right and it was completely off the mark. You can close him down easily if you force him to cross and shoot with his right.

Pepe does have some attributes, but at 25 he still looks very raw to me and I doubt he'll suddenly start to become a world beater.

Finesse

It's a complete lie that he loses the ball like he did yesterday in every game. He is short of confidence atm with Arteta on his back, it's actually amazing to see that he still finds the end product despite that.

I have a feeling that some of you want to see him fail here, and once Nelson or whoever takes over, you will write the same c**p about them

The stats speak for themselves. Feel free to provide alternatives. His performance in the first half was atrocious. Not PL starting level.

It is good you just have a feeling. Drop the feeling and look at the facts. Then you would realise I am just objective. I want to get the best from the RW. I do not care if it is Saka , Pepe , Willian , Martinelli etc operating there. Pepe has no right to that spot and he has to earn it. The competition for places is the key to our form. Watch how our midfield is coming to shape. 4 players are fighting for 2 spots and we are seeing the results. Who could imagine Mo would be keeping Dani and Xhaka out of the team on day 7 of the PL? Pepe needs to step up and get consistent.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The stats speak for themselves. Feel free to provide alternatives. His performance in the first half was atrocious. Not PL starting level.

It is good you just have a feeling. Drop the feeling and look at the facts. Then you would realise I am just objective. I want to get the best from the RW. I do not care if it is Saka , Pepe , Willian , Martinelli etc operating there. Pepe has no right to that spot and he has to earn it. The competition for places is the key to our form. Watch how our midfield is coming to shape. 4 players are fighting for 2 spots and we are seeing the results. Who could imagine Mo would be keeping Dani and Xhaka out of the team on day 7 of the PL? Pepe needs to step up and get consistent.
The guy scored a goal and had an assist, but some of you are presenting it like we've had a cripple on the right wing. I'm glad Willian started in the same game, so you couldn't say it later that Pepe can play only against farmers because Willian couldn't do even that
So much about facts, fam

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The guy scored a goal and had an assist, but some of you are presenting it like we've had a cripple on the right wing. I'm glad Willian started in the same game, so you couldn't say it later that Pepe can play only against farmers because Willian couldn't do even that
So much about facts, fam

Willian didnt cost 72m. I would expect a 25 year old who was hailed as a top winger who cost 72m to be doing a lot more than a 32 year old we signed on a free transfer to fill out the squad.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Willian didnt cost 72m. I would expect a 25 year old who was hailed as a top winger who cost 72m to be doing a lot more than a 32 year old we signed on a free transfer to fill out the squad.
Willian is still a well respected player, and the margin between him and the top boys will not be that much. If you wanna take any winger from the top 10 wingers playing in the PL, most will cost over £50M and you could hardly argue that others will justify their price tags compared to Willian (free agent), but that small margin in quality will make the difference on the pitch when you accumulate that over multiple positions.
The same goes for Pepe, he is not £72M better than Willian, the margin between them is small, but Pepe still offers more.

Kysus

A thing to note is also that not a single attacker of our front 3 looks good right now.

Our system screws over our attack right now.

If Artetas' plan really is do grind out wins in every game with small margins then I'm out.
I give him a lot more time of course but I'm not enjoying our football right now at all.

When the dark times started after Wenger retired Pepe was the one creative and fun spark that kept me burning, whenever he was in the starting XI I lit up a bit because I knew there was some enjoyment.
This is gone now.

I don't want a game theory"perfect" robot pepe who never gives the ball away but also never takes players on. **** that.
Creativity, where is it?

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
So much about facts, fam

I suspect a cripple would have greater upper body strength. There was one point in the game where he seemed to be knocked over by a gust of wind, or a poltergeist.

Will judge him in May.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I suspect a cripple would have greater upper body strength. There was one point in the game where he seemed to be knocked over by a gust of wind, or a poltergeist.
Exactly! He was near the sideline with a Molde player guarding him and he was trying to do a move, then passed back to someone after which he lost his balance and fell. I was like "Wtf is wrong with this guy?"
Too bad I can't find the moment, because it was hilarious. :lol:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Exactly! He was near the sideline with a Molde player guarding him and he was trying to do a move, then passed back to someone after which he lost his balance and fell. I was like "Wtf is wrong with this guy?"
Too bad I can't find the moment, because it was hilarious. :lol:

Yup, p1ssed myself laughing when that happened. Glad someone else spotted.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He’s 25 and looks like a lost boy out there half the time.

You can bang on about ‘a goal and assist’ all you want, but I suspect Arteta is looking for performances not stat padding against part timers.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He’s 25 and looks like a lost boy out there half the time.

You can bang on about ‘a goal and assist’ all you want, but I suspect Arteta is looking for performances not stat padding against part timers.
Right mate, and how many performances did we get from Auba? Auba is the most useless player on the pitch if you take away his goals. He loses the ball half the time he tries to dribble or pass. We are all happy with him because of the goals, but he is not scoring this season at all.

So, do we have the same rules for all the players or some rules will apply to players like Özil and Pepe and other rules will apply to Auba and Willian?
By your logic, Auba/Willian should already be on the bench, because "Arteta is looking for performances", or you are just a hypocrite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom