• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Özil the free agent will have more options than Willian, book it. Your bias is clear cuz you're comparing a free agent to a contracted player. Özil the free agent in 2018 had many lucrative offers from other clubs even though according to you, he was finished in 2018. Özil in 2021 would be no different. Although nowhere near as lucrative, he won't have shortage of suitors in Europe.
What offers in 2018? There's no way he's going to be playing in a top league when he finishes here.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
And yet people will only criticise the club when Mesut is doing more or less the exact same thing :lol:

That's what I don't understand. If you take Mesut's own version of events as the truth in this whole saga he actually paints himself in a deeply unfavourable light. I don't understand why more people can't see that. :lol:

Last edited:

scytheavatar

Established Member
Stranger things have happened.

I could see him going Chelsea or something if there was space for him depending on the manager but I can’t see him going Sp**s tbh.

His principles are too strong I can’t see it.

He’s definitely hunkered down in London though, I dunno if you guys have seen his new house? That along with his business ventures the London rumours make sense

Chelsea's best paid player is Chilwell on £190,000......... even they are more careful with their wage management than us. Very few clubs in the world can afford to pay 350k per week to any of their player, and this is pre Covid. Covid will only kill the ability of all clubs to spend on wages even more. So unless Özil is willing to take a massive wage cut he's not going to play in Chelsea or any club in Europe.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Chelsea's best paid player is Chilwell on £190,000......... even they are more careful with their wage management than us. Very few clubs in the world can afford to pay 350k per week to any of their player, and this is pre Covid. Covid will only kill the ability of all clubs to spend on wages even more. So unless Özil is willing to take a massive wage cut he's not going to play in Chelsea or any club in Europe.
All you do is complain. I don't care where Özil goes was just saying him wanting to stay in London makes sense.

The next club he goes to is obviously not paying him 350k and I'm sure he doesn't need the money.

scytheavatar

Established Member
All you do is complain. I don't care where Özil goes was just saying him wanting to stay in London makes sense.

The next club he goes to is obviously not paying him 350k and I'm sure he doesn't need the money.

I am not even sure the next club he goes to can pay him 200k per week unless he moves to the Middle East or USA. Özil's stock has dropped like a rock in recent years and his attitude will only make it harder for any club to invest big money on him. What's there to stop him from refusing to leave his next club if he flops?

The people running Chelsea and Sp**s are not stupid, look at how Chelsea treated Willian. You are underestimating them if you think they would be conned into signing Özil.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Wouldn’t surprise me at all if he hung up his boots altogether.

Business-wise, he has a finger in more pies than your average player.

In the accompanying social media post he would state that certain parties, who will remain nameless, have ‘destroyed my love for the game’

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
In other news, Arsensl are the first PL club to join forces with the UN to combat climate change.

XXawzCa.gif

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
I am not even sure the next club he goes to can pay him 200k per week unless he moves to the Middle East or USA. Özil's stock has dropped like a rock in recent years and his attitude will only make it harder for any club to invest big money on him. What's there to stop him from refusing to leave his next club if he flops?

The people running Chelsea and Sp**s are not stupid, look at how Chelsea treated Willian. You are underestimating them if you think they would be conned into signing Özil.

If he’s willing to take a deep enough pay cut West Ham or another of the mid-small London based PL clubs might sign. He’s the kind of guy Redknapp used to sign for the Hammers back in the day.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
he's just a young guy with a young family who loves having fun and playing football. I hate how this became such an ugly issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom