• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I actually used to be anti Özil myself but over the years, particularly this summer I’ve come to realise that this club is full of it.

For me the pushing out of Özil lost all credibility when we signed and forced an over the hill Willian. He’s not a bad player mind, but none of it makes sense to me.

I’ve also always admired the stances he took off the pitch as well. The only thing I can really criticise him for is his relationship with Erdogan cause he’s a bit dodge.

Willian is a winger, Özil is not one. Do you want to see Özil starting ahead of Pepe?

gamechannel

Mate, you're an Özil fanboy and you're complaining about Arteta getting payed for not playing. Don't you see the irony here.

At least Arteta had the excuse of being physically broken down and injured while he picked up his pay cheque in his last year or so here and was actually doing something productive with his time by doing his coaching badges. Also Wenger put him back in the team whenever he was fit and available to play.

Özil on the other hand is a lazy bum that we're paying £350,000 a week to make stupid social media posts and play on Fortnite because he's given up on being a footballer and putting any effort into his career.

He's a guy that constantly whines and never takes any responsibility for anything, it's always someone else's fault when something goes wrong in his career. A lot of us are sick of it.

Haha! Fanboy eh? When all aspects of your arguments fail, just label the other party a fanboy. Look up my history on here, I have never said Özil should be a shoe-in to start every game. My argument has always been that for a team devoid of ideas going forward, an Özil in certain situations is better than no Özil at all. And until the club finds a better replacement for him, he still has a role to play in this side rather than carrying 5 ****ing goalkeepers. It's the way this club and this manager has handled the situation that pisses me off. And no matter what the likes of you, Jury, Oxeki et al say, in no sane world should a squad carry 5 goalkeepers at the expense of Özil. Period.

As for Arteta being the fulcrum of our midfield during his playing days and according to you, our top 3 performers, thats just a bunch of BS. In no single season was Arteta a top 3 performer for us. If anything, once the initial allure of a fantasy desperate for signings wore off, Arteta was constantly criticized on these forums. Even if I give your argument the benefit of the doubt, the mighty Arteta never finished in the top 3 of fans' player of the year voting. And yes, he did steal a living in his final 2 seasons working on his coaching badges. In fact, the club gave him a new one year deal for his final year despite him being a total crock the previous season having only played 11 games. Özil, on the other hand, has been fit and has wanted to play but Arteta, in his infinite wisdom, decided that one can never have too many goalkeepers in the squad. Apples to Oranges.

Sure, Arteta the nobel guy that he is, took a paycut to join Arsenal. You know why? Cuz he was a mediocre player who had not played in the Championship league or a club of Arsenal's stature. And never played for the Spanish senior team. And if you're so keen to point out the noble gesture of taking a paycut, well, the club reciprocated by giving him a new deal when he was clearly physically shot. So his nice gesture was duly rewarded when no top club would have offered him a contract at the ripe age of 34. And the noble servent that he is, he was quick to feck off into Pep's arms once he retired after stealing a living from Arsenal in his last 2 years. Such loyalty!! Özil, on the other hand, is a decorated player at the international and continental level who had his fair share of suitors when his last contract was up for renewal that would have paid him similar wages yet he chose to stay at Arsenal. Apples to Oranges.

Özil is not free of blame. Sure he's not a 350k player and the contract was a desperate attempt by a club trying to save face after the Alexis debacle but that's not on Özil. Thats on Arsenal. Özil is a diminished player but he still has a role to play in this particular Arsenal squad. Özil's abilities or lack thereof respective to the current squad shouldn't be judged based on how much he makes. Instead his value to the squad should be judged on whether we have better replacements for him. Which we currently do not. Because as soon as you start judging players on their contracts and not variables like tactics, formations and available replacements within the squad, a lot of players including Auba, Laca, Willian, Pepe etc do not justify being in the squad based on this season's performances if the same standards are applied to them as the ones being applied to Özil.

Last edited:

scytheavatar

Established Member
Because as soon as you start judging players on their contracts and not variables like tactics, formations and available replacements within the squad, a lot of players including Auba, Laca, Willian, Pepe etc do not justify being in the squad based on this season's performances if the same standards are applied to them as the ones being applied to Özil.

That's the whole point, we are sending a clear message to Auba, Laca, Willian, Pepe etc as to what will happen to them if they don't shape up and start performing to their salary. Özil has been with us longer than the rest so he should be held to a higher standard. But he is just the beginning.

gamechannel

That's the whole point, we are sending a clear message to Auba, Laca, Willian, Pepe etc as to what will happen to them if they don't shape up and start performing to their salary. Özil has been with us longer than the rest so he should be held to a higher standard. But he is just the beginning.

Do you really think today's players care about what fans think of them specially when they're on their last big contract anyway? Auba, Willian etc couldn't care less about what fans think of them. They have their money and they will happily see out their contracts.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Do you really think today's players care about what fans think of them specially when they're on their last big contract anyway? Auba, Willian etc couldn't care less about what fans think of them. They have their money and they will happily see out their contracts.
I'd argue there's no generation of players that would care, if they were on the money today's players are on.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
specially this bunch of fans who spew abuse and racist crap all the time from the sidelines and their total football commentary comprises of the word "shoot" .

people dont get that we are now a walmart club..owned by the trumploving kroenke. No point blaming the manager or the players. The rot is at the top.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...s-how-taxpayers-subsidize-cruel?cd-origin=rss

scytheavatar

Established Member

A player like Özil with no sense of pride and no sense of shame is extremely rare, even guys like Sanchez and Bale eventually left their clubs to get playing time. Either way canning Özil is a good way to start a precedence that those who want to coast will no longer be tolerated in this club.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Either way canning Özil is a good way to start a precedence that those who want to coast will no longer be tolerated in this club.

Willian :

giphy.gif

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I can't wait for the day Özil leaves now. Özil making up conspiracy theories and crying I can at least understand, it's to his personal benefit to do so.

The worst thing about Özil, isn't actually Özil. It's his hardcore followers. They're toxic to the fanbase. I can't wait till they follow their messiah out of the club.

Sick of people throwing around accusations of Islamopbia or racism when Arsenal fans call out Özil for being lazy or unprofessional. It's out of line.

gamechannel

A player like Özil with no sense of pride and no sense of shame is extremely rare, even guys like Sanchez and Bale eventually left their clubs to get playing time. Either way canning Özil is a good way to start a precedence that those who want to coast will no longer be tolerated in this club.

Lol. Give it a rest dude. Arteta has already shown his double standards by playing favorites. Even Pepe has come out and said it that he's working hard but isn't getting the opportunities. This alleged coasting by Özil is not why he's not in the squad. Arteta is in a **** measuring contest with Özil. Özil rejected the VOLUNTARY wage cut asking for more transparency from a club that has tried to **** with him for the past 2 years solely in an effort to rid themselves of the wages they gave him in the first place. Arteta didn't like it and barred him. The head coach had no business getting involved in asking the players to take a wage cut. He got involved, Özil said not until the club shows where the money will go cuz he didn't want to give the club an unnecessary break when they have consistently marginalized him for the past 2 years. Its a bad marriage where both sides are trying to **** each other open. The club is the only one losing.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

I'll wait for the day Laca and Willian are frozen out like Özil is. If you're right that day should come sooner rather than later.

gamechannel

I get it's an Internet forum and people can talk crap, but I think you're a disgrace for trying to link criticism of Özil with Islamophobia.

Actually it's not too far-fetched. Özil is vocal about his faith. He doesn't hide it. You can't blame people for thinking racial bias is involved when some of his critics keep saying he should **** off to Turkey or only a Turkish club will take him. The dude is a German national yet people associate him with his ethnic country which happens to be a Muslim country. Im sure those people are not islamophobes or racists but their statements can be construed that way. Its as outlandish as if a Laca critic was to say he should **** off to Africa.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I can't wait for the day Özil leaves now. Özil making up conspiracy theories and crying I can at least understand, it's to his personal benefit to do so.

The worst thing about Özil, isn't actually Özil. It's his hardcore followers. They're toxic to the fanbase. I can't wait till they follow their messiah out of the club.

Sick of people throwing around accusations of Islamopbia or racism when Arsenal fans call out Özil for being lazy or unprofessional. It's out of line.
Think you’re overreacting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom