• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL: Arsenal v Rapid Wien | Thursday, December 3 | KO: 20:00 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Spot on, nothing that happened tonight really means anything in the grand scheme of things. Laca as a 10, AMN in midfield, everything being so open, none of that is working in a serious game. Sure it was enjoyable but you cannot ignore the calibre of opposition which was very very poor. You ain't replicating what we say tonight in a PL game unless it's against maybe Fulham.

You give me hope that there are some level headed Arsenal fans around. I'm not trying to make a positive performance negative. I'm just trying to reign a few lads in who get carried away.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

So you havent seen anyone calling for AMN to get a start in the league?

You havent seen people saying "oh our patterns of play and how we connected looked much better"?

People saying Laca should be playing number 10.

People saying 11 shots on target as if it is important.

What is important is the league. Nothing more at this moment.
Jesus Christ :lol:

Not everyone wants to write essays about how bad we are you know. Let people enjoy.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
So you havent seen anyone calling for AMN to get a start in the league?

You havent seen people saying "oh our patterns of play and how we connected looked much better"?

People saying Laca should be playing number 10.

People saying 11 shots on target as if it is important.

What is important is the league. Nothing more at this moment.
The league is important and yes, people have been calling for certain players in certain positions. Personally, I prefer the Laca of tonight over the one I've seen in the PL. The latter runs in treacle and is gassed after 30 minutes. He's no DB10 as a number 10 but at least he looks like a player. AMN in midfield makes me happier than seeing Xhaka-if only for the legs and dynamism as he said tonight. What sticks in the throat is seeing Arteta try the same old rubbish with the same old rubbish. Take a chance. I'll be gutted if we fail but at least we'll have tried.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
What is important is how we play. If we play well it can be translated to other games, if we don't we are fornicated.

How does a pattern of play that includes Nketiah, AMN and say Pepe translate on Sunday with Xhaka, Willian and Auba? It doesnt. As proven after every EL game. The games are night and day in terms of difference.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Discussing serious philosophical issues with the father in law over a few beverages during this game. Such as : At this stage, is it even possible for Willian to comb his hair at all?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Good result, good performance. Can't read too much into it based on the opposition but it's nice to see us play well again. Let's enjoy it for what it is.

I've been banging his drum for years but if ESR can stay fit consistently he's going to be a star here.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
How does a pattern of play that includes Nketiah, AMN and say Pepe translate on Sunday with Xhaka, Willian and Auba? It doesnt. As proven after every EL game. The games are night and day in terms of difference.
Formations and patterns of play can stick, Wenger did that for years.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

The league is important and yes, people have been calling for certain players in certain positions. Personally, I prefer the Laca of tonight over the one I've seen in the PL. The latter runs in treacle and is gassed after 30 minutes. He's no DB10 as a number 10 but at least he looks like a player. AMN in midfield makes me happier than seeing Xhaka-if only for the legs and dynamism as he said tonight. What sticks in the throat is seeing Arteta try the same old rubbish with the same old rubbish. Take a chance. I'll be gutted if we fail but at least we'll have tried.
We’ve been conditioned to seeing youth fail and having patience.

Absolutely amazed Arteta hasn’t taken advantage of this, but whatever. Well said though.

Kav

Established Member
The proof will be in the pudding on Sunday. We will know then whether there is more to today's performance or it was as some have said, merely us playing better against farmers.

Last edited:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The truth gets posted every day on here over and over. This is EL the match thread. Go post in the Sp**s thread if you want to talk about that match

The statements that I am referring to are in regards to tonight's match. Il stay where I am thanks.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The statements that I am referring to our in regards to tonight's match. Il stay where I am thanks.

Ok you do you. You've got a great reception from what you've posted in here so far...

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Nothing translates with Xhaka and Willian. Sp**s are harder competition, but we will have a better defence and an equal attack compared to tonight. It just depends on whether Arteta poos his pants with the midfield. As Keown says, the midfield is the area where there is room for improvement.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
The proof will be in the pudding on Sunday. We will know then whether there is more to today's performance or it was as some have said, merely us playing better against fishermen and farmers.
There can't be many fishermen in a landlocked country surely?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Ok you do you. You've got a great reception from what you've posted in here so far...

I'm not here to tell people what they want to here. When we are in good form and have good performances I say so. I quoted how brilliant we were against united. I lauded Arteta over his FA cup win.

However when I see the ****e we have been seeing for 2 months (not 2 weeks) I will say so. And I wont let a 4 1 win over FC Mozart make me think any different. Theres people who watch the EL see someone have a good game and say.....he has to play first team. Then we see them play in the first team and they are terrible. Europa league does not translate well into PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996
Top Bottom