• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Top Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
One of the rare cases when the person out injured comes back and to actually save the season. Or at least thats what I hope, the first few games look promising it must be said.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

Player:White
Special, was obvious last season. But knowing Arsenal fans he’s going to get way overhyped way too soon. It’s detrimental.

I don't think that's a problem in itself, players like him are under a lot of pressure. I think the biggest problem is if he plays more games than what would be ideal for his age and getting injured in process, that is worse for me. I think you have to be careful, he only comes back from a year off.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Martinelli can play anywhere upfront but LW is better than CF imo because he cause more problems there

Really?

He caused just as many problems when he played at CF. The difference is in one role the problems he creates benefit people like Lacazette and Nketiah, in the other they benefit himself.

He’s so sharp in the box.

You can still start as a CF and drift wide. Henry literally made a career out of it. And someone like ESR would gobble that space for fun.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
I don't think that's a problem in itself, players like him are under a lot of pressure. I think the biggest problem is if he plays more games than what would be ideal for his age and getting injured in process, that is worse for me. I think you have to be careful, he only comes back from a year off.

Being overhyped is a problem. Players have egos. Their agents push for huge money or moves elsewhere. We’ve seen it so many of times with our special talents before. Don’t make this mistake of thinking players are loyal.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Really?

He caused just as many problems when he played at CF. The difference is in one role the problems he creates benefit people like Lacazette and Nketiah, in the other they benefit himself.

He’s so sharp in the box.

You can still start as a CF and drift wide. Henry literally made a career out of it. And someone like ESR would gobble that space for fun.
Long term yes CF might be his best position at the moment we have to keep him as LW because we got nobody play there who preforming

Pyromaniac

He is something else. Future captain material.

I would like to see him coming from the right or play as CF to get his foot or head on Saka's and Tierney's deliveries.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
He'll undoubtedly end up as a CF at some point in the future. I want him out on the left for a fair while yet though. I want him seeing the ball as much as possible. He makes things happen when he's got the ball at his feet. He's just got the X-Factor.

One little thing I loved yesterday. The overhead kick. It was a decent effort to be fair bearing in my how tough a skill it is, but he was so frustrated and angry with himself for not burying it. That's an elite mentality that you just can't teach.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I really like him on the left. No doubt he can play cf, but he's in the game more wide.

Incredible talent.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He'll undoubtedly end up as a CF at some point in the future. I want him out on the left for a fair while yet though. I want him seeing the ball as much as possible. He makes things happen when he's got the ball at his feet. He's just got the X-Factor.

One little thing I loved yesterday. The overhead kick. It was a decent effort to be fair bearing in my how tough a skill it is, but he was so frustrated and angry with himself for not burying it. That's an elite mentality that you just can't teach.

The only reason our strikers haven’t been seeing the ball at CF is due to our slow sideways passing in midfield and static play behind them.

Put some passing and movement behind a player like him at CF and it will be utter carnage for the opposition.

Martinelli is far more dynamic than Laca, Nketiah and even the current version of Auba. He can play very well on the left but also incredibly well at CF who drifts/interchanges. We saw it against Liege and Liverpool away last season when we scored 5 goals at Anfield with Saka left, Özil CAM, AMN right and Martinelli CF.

We were carving them open at will.

OSBK

Established Member
This guy and esr were the catalyst for the win. They set the tone from the first second and the team responded with them. Insane workrate and pace, a few more games and he will be banging them in.

Looks like he has filled out alot

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

Player:White
In the first half he barely touched the ball (11), in the second half he was OK in my opinion.

He needs to do much more to overcome Aubameyang though, maybe to stay more closer to the ball instead of looking mostly for space, because depending on Xhaka and Elneny he can go 45min without receiving a good ball and he won't be able to show his work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom