• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Top Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Does Martinelli make our strongest 11 on paper?

Assuming ESR and Saka keep their spots and everyone’s on form.

Is it right to bin club captain for Martinelli? Cause I’m not sure Auba works upfront in this team and only one of Auba and Gabby goes on the left.

Serious question not trolling.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!

Is it right to bin club captain for Martinelli? Cause I’m not sure Auba works upfront in this team and only one of Auba and Gabby goes on the left.

trolling. Martinelli ofcourse in starting 11.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

On paper no Auba is ahead even pepe but both players form been embarrassing so far that's why we tried Martinelli 3 times a week.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

trolling. Martinelli ofcourse in starting 11.
Not trolling at all

Assuming it’s Auba of 6 months ago I don’t think it’s that straight forward.

Unless Gabi takes Lacazette’s spot upfront but then how’s his link up/hold up play?

Do you bin our captain and golden boot runner up for a teenager who presses?

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Its definitely seems to be a thing that Martinelli doesn't play his best when Auba plays (even when Auba is in better form). This is a challenge for Arteta to address to get them both in the same team.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It's not about being a starter, it's about playing the players when they are in form...we have a lot of options now, it's important to keep them involved...

Saka-ESR-Martinelli
Laca

Saka-Laca-ESR
Auba

Pepe-ESR-Saka
Auba

Nelson-Saka-Auba
Mertinelli
...could even go for other combos, but you get my point...we have plenty of options for those 4 attacking positions really, each offering different things....good times for The Arse!

The main thing, keep Willian away from starting any matches.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc

Play Martinelli. He's young, you want to keep playing him to give him as much minutes as you can to develop for next season.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Not trolling at all

Unless Gabi takes Lacazette’s spot upfront but then how’s his link up/hold up play?

6 months ago is ancient history in football my friend......... Auba needs some time off cause he absolutely does not deserve to be playing for us right now. Like what exactly does he provide on the pitch if he can't score goals?

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Play Martinelli. He's young, you want to keep playing him to give him as much minutes as you can to develop for next season.
I don't pick the team bro.

I hear you but I'm not sure you bin a striker like Aubameyang for the sake of development.

I'm just wondering if Martinelli is the level where you accommodate for the sake of it - like we've done for Auba and Laca for a couple years.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Wish people would be happy we have a top player like him. He get a lot of game time this season starting or not. So much negativity on here

scytheavatar

Established Member

I hear you but I'm not sure you bin a striker like Aubameyang for the sake of development.

I'm just wondering if Martinelli is the level where you accommodate for the sake of it - like we've done for Auba and Laca for a couple years.

You bin a striker like Auba cause he's becoming Andre Santos level of **** and we desperately need to keep a win streak going. Auba has been **** for half a season already, how much chances do you still want to give him before you say no more?

Macho

Dusted 🔻

You bin a striker like Auba cause he's becoming Andre Santos level of **** and we desperately need to keep a win streak going. Auba has been **** for half a season already, how much chances do you still want to give him before you say no more?
I'd personally stick with the line up we had against Chelsea, I wouldn't have started Auba today- but Laca had a bad back.

Was just a question. I wondered if people saw Martinelli as an automatic starter, so I asked.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Auba’s not droppable. Should be dropped based on performances but can’t be dropped due to being the captain, talisman, most prolific player, biggest character in the dressing room and popular with fans. Arteta will drop Martinelli for Auba if there’s no other choice. Alternative would be playing Martinelli on the right and moving Saka elsewhere. I think we’ve seen that Auba up top is not working. Point is, if it’s between Auba and Martinelli for a starting spot it will have to be Auba.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Auba’s not droppable. Should be dropped based on performances but can’t be dropped due to being the captain, talisman, most prolific player, biggest character in the dressing room and popular with fans. Arteta will drop Martinelli for Auba if there’s no other choice. Alternative would be playing Martinelli on the right and moving Saka elsewhere. I think we’ve seen that Auba up top is not working. Point is, if it’s between Auba and Martinelli for a starting spot it will have to be Auba.

Özil is droppable and Özil at his worst is like never anywhere remotely as bad as current Auba.........

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
At present, Martinelli is offering more than Auba. That could easily change if Auba starts scoring again but Auba is not enough of a leader on the pitch that he's undroppable if the goals aren't flowing, armband or not. Martinelli actually changes the way that we play for the better.

blaze_of_glory

Not trolling at all

I'd like to see him play CF with Auba on the left at some point. Not saying it will definitely work but I'd like to see it tried.

novar

Martinelli is not better than Auba after 2 games, one of one them being arguably a poor performance.

The club desperately needs Aubameyang to get some confidence to score again instead of pretending this kid won't get tired and injured from brainlessly chasing the ball like a dog.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc

To be fair though. It’s long season. Everyone will be rotated. You have EL anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom