• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu(ardo Hagn)'s Transfer Targets: January 2021

Will We Sign The Attacking Midfielder We Need?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I have gone cold on Lamptey personally. When I saw he was tht eonly player under 25 to have lost more duels than Bellerin I saw red flags.

I think we need to find a player from another league for the RB position. The only players from the PL I would sign next summer would be Buendia, Grealish and Bissouma. The rest will be overpriced for what they offer compared to players from other leagues.

Lamptey is an incredibly quick 20 year old RB who isn't a great defender, and like, isn't that exactly what Bellerin was? Bellerin got injured and lost his immense pace. Lamptey is already getting injuries, what's to say he'll still be immensely quick 4-5 years from now? He's a cool player but I don't get the hype, it's not like he's Alphonso Davies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Yeah he might have started out there, actually don't know. I think Mazraoui is pretty technical and good going forward. One of the Dutch/Ajax lads on here said he wasn't quite ready though. But who knows come summer. Think it might have been @Dutch D ??

Montiel looks technical and a pretty good crosser from comps and is available on a free this summer. Supposedly one of the better full backs in Argentina/South America but again, I don't really know...
Never really considered Mazraoui until this season because he always seemed inconsistent. Turning up for the big matches and making silly mistakes in the smaller games.

He seems to have cut out the inconsistencies a lot and is actually very solid this season and usually one of the better players in the big (European) games. Definitely becoming a serious option. He used to play as an attacking midfielder in the youth ranks (very typical of Ajax youth academy to develop players in multiple position) so he has very good technique/dribbling for a fullback. His size suits the PL too. Definitely someone I'm keeping my eye on the rest of the season.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Isn't Edouard having a pretty bad season though? I've also heard that although he does have good physique he doesn't always make the best use of it. @bingobob would know more. Even for 25m it's a gamble, he could totally flop. Also who gets the best out of Auba in the next 2 years while he's here? We're paying him big money, I feel like we need to think about him too. Depay feels like more of a sure bet, plus someone who'd link well with Auba.

And yeah either Camavinga or Gravenberch would be sensational, they're two of the future faces of football, but I just can't see it. Apart from our bid for Mbappe we just never seem to get involved in these races for the best prospects.
Edouard isn't having a great season but he has been doing well for France under 21s. Celtic in general have had a disaster of a season (laid firmly at the managers door). Pretty much every player has regressed under him. Edouard also had covid so that hasn't helped. I think there is a player in there. He has been a special player for the last 2 seasons. If it was just him looking poor I'd be questioning it more. But the whole team has regressed at an alarming rate.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
So no real links at all.
Just from today:
Untitled.jpg

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
How has Camavinga been getting on now that the hype from last season has died down a little? Does he still post incredible defensive stats?

I think a partner for Partey should provide some extra defensive steel and primarily be a '6' whose good with the ball in transition. That would allow Partey a bit more freedom in the box2box role. It would also allow us to switch between 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 as we currently don't have a DM worthy of a spot in our squad.

Gravenberch would be amazing, but I think he should stay at Ajax one more season. He's developing rapidly this season, but needs to work on picking his moments and keeping it simple. Tries to do too much at times which has led to some dangerous situations in the CL where he lost the ball when he really shouldn't have. Problem is it might be too late next season, will probably be a 50m player by then.

He's less solid defensively, but great technique and passing range. Very smooth control and would add some goals from midfield. Definitely an 8 and not a 10, though.

Definitely would be too late for either of them after this summer. The time to buy them is this summer, before clubs get back on their feet. Every club needs the funds currently so players will be slightly cheaper.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
@The_Playmaker I thought Camavinga was basically destined for Madrid already, but he's essentially a 6 and Casemiro isn't going anywhere soon, so maybe that move doesn't happen. He has 18 months left on his deal, so the summer is Rennes' last chance to cash in. Guess he could be paired with Partey, who could be a good mentor for him. Give him a good contract and a few years down the line Madrid give us a pile of cash for him.

I still prefer Gravenberch, I just think his potential is almost limitless. He's a baller in the body of an Olympic 400m sprinter.

On a side note if neither France or Netherlands win a major honour in the coming decade it'll be a travesty, the amount of talent is unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom