• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu(ardo Hagn)'s Transfer Targets: January 2021

Will We Sign The Attacking Midfielder We Need?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Oh yeah I mean if I was Ødegaard's agent i'd be telling him to ask for a move back to Sociedad, but i'm a selfish Arsenal fan so I wanna see him here. Anyway it's not like we're doing anything major this January, why not ask for a 6 month loan and see if he's interested, maybe he wants to experience English football.

Loan with low fee and no obligation but option to buy would be okay, I guess. At worst he'll have no impact at all and go down as Denis Suarez mk2.

Think in the summer from a longterm perspective someone proven in his best years would make much more sense, though. Buendia, Sabitzer, Luis Alberto. Someone who can instantly deliver, is a bit versatile and will neither right now nor longterm block ESR's gametime and development. Which is why imo Sabitzer - who's rumoured to be looking to finally leave Leipzig for an abroad challenge - is an almost perfect fit: AM, CM, RW, prime age, captain of his current team, even a bit of an aggressive strain in him, used to physical play due to his Red Bull "upbringing" where everyone needs to put in a defensive shift.

SkyArsenal

I'm not sure it's fair to put Ødegaard in the Januzaj/Mor category, those two never really performed, whereas Ødegaard wasn't just promising last season at Sociedad, he was genuinely very good, he was one of the best creators in La Liga.

There was a rumour that he has a chronic health condition, I don't know what the deal is there, and he's obviously not a great natural athlete, but it's way too early to write him off, his technique is flawless and I always think there's a place in the game for players like that. He wouldn't be the first good player to not get a look in at Madrid, Jovic is also clearly a talented player but totally flopped there, Madrid is just a weird environment right now.
Yeah, at this point even freaking Eden Hazard has flopped there.

Plus, him and Isco seem to have put on the wrong kind of mass, be it muscles in the wrong places or fat...

Just a weird environment at the moment, like you said!

APierre

You Wanna Come Out Here?

The problem with Ødegaard is that you have to build the team around him, a bit like Özil. Good player with some useful attributes, but he's not going to transform this team. Don't think he has the energy or mentality to do that, like @Toby Andrl pointed out. But I'd definitely get him for the rest of the season. We're lacking a player like that.

Toby

We can offer him guaranteed games though. Bayern have too many midfielders, no?

Depends. They sent highly rated talent Angelo Stiller away, Marc Roca is disliked by Flick and a flop, Tiago Dantas is apparently loved by Flick but all their youth coaches say he's ****, Martinez is done, Goretzka a neat B2B but somewhat limited, Tolisso hasn't been all that for them and mostly injured, and they seriously lack structure when Kimmich doesn't play.

So pretty sure Martinez and Dantas are off and wouldn't put it beyond them to sell Tolisso or Roca already. I can definitely see Bayern in the race for Camavinga.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The problem with Ødegaard is that you have to build the team around him, a bit like Özil. Good player with some useful attributes, but he's not going to transform this team. Don't think he has the energy or mentality to do that, like @Toby Andrl pointed out. But I'd definitely get him for the rest of the season. We're lacking a player like that.

But as long as it's just a loan you don't necessarily have to build the team around him. He can play in ESR's position or in Saka's position on the right. It's just competition, helps him and helps our young guys. We're gonna have important games in the coming months, especially EL games, and ESR can't play 90 mins in all of them. For me it's either Ødegaard or someone like Eriksen on loan.

Iceman10

Established Member
But as long as it's just a loan you don't necessarily have to build the team around him. He can play in ESR's position or in Saka's position on the right. It's just competition, helps him and helps our young guys. We're gonna have important games in the coming months, especially EL games, and ESR can't play 90 mins in all of them. For me it's either Ødegaard or someone like Eriksen on loan.

Would be perfect as a loan with a buy clause. Give it a go for half a season, and while he’s going through a bit of acclimatisation ESR can continue to develop relatively unaffected also. I don’t think it makes sense for RM to be paying wages of both him and Isco for the second half of the season, only question is if a Spanish club offers a loan and he prefers to stay in Spain, keeping his Madrid dreams alive.

APierre

You Wanna Come Out Here?
But as long as it's just a loan you don't necessarily have to build the team around him. He can play in ESR's position or in Saka's position on the right. It's just competition, helps him and helps our young guys. We're gonna have important games in the coming months, especially EL games, and ESR can't play 90 mins in all of them.

I agree, which is why I said a 6-month loan would be a good deal. Just wanted to clarify that he's probably not a player who's going to have a massive impact.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

And even Bayern are looking to get into a tough spot. Losing Alaba on a free, spunking 80 on Hernandez, 40 on Tolisso, 50 on Sané - all haven't been that convincing for Bayern; big money for the Coutinho loan who's no longer there, etc. etc. They'll need some strong recruiting down the line and their fans already see their current team falling apart.
Yeah they've made a fair few mistakes but they generally do well in the market. Sane is such a strange one as I thought he was a very good player. Hopefully he can get back to his level. A bad injury and Pep rarely used him last season it will inevitably have an impact when trying to regain form. But a bit like Pepe here if you're not delivering there is someone else to come in and take your spot and trying to regain form may well never happen. It can become a vicious circle. There is probably some wisdom in there to be found for players.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Depends. They sent highly rated talent Angelo Stiller away, Marc Roca is disliked by Flick and a flop, Tiago Dantas is apparently loved by Flick but all their youth coaches say he's ****, Martinez is done, Goretzka a neat B2B but somewhat limited, Tolisso hasn't been all that for them and mostly injured, and they seriously lack structure when Kimmich doesn't play.

So pretty sure Martinez and Dantas are off and wouldn't put it beyond them to sell Tolisso or Roca already. I can definitely see Bayern in the race for Camavinga.
Kimmich is a dream boat player.

I like Roca. If they were willing to let him go how do you think he would pair up with Partey?

Toby

Kimmich is a dream boat player.

I like Roca. If they were willing to let him go how do you think he would pair up with Partey?

Hm. I haven't followed him in Spain and tbh in Germany he did play one or two games and got sent off in one of them. Small sample size but my gut tells me hands off of him.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Hm. I haven't followed him in Spain and tbh in Germany he did play one or two games and got sent off in one of them. Small sample size but my gut tells me hands off of him.
:lol: I know we were linked to him before his move. But with a red card sounds like he will fit right in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten
Top Bottom