• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard

Would you be happy with signing him on loan?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

"I'm sorry Beyonce, I can't have a one night stand with you...I need to know you are in this for the long term!"

...sometimes you enjoy the present, don't worry about the future.

This is not how this works, but it's a good example.

You are Ødegaard, the minute man. Arsenal is the Beyonce. Arsenal as Beyonce will struggle to enjoy the minute with you. But long term you might catch on and learn the things and make Beyonce happy. But if you are just quick in and out, Beyonce will not be happy about this time, she won't be satisfied, she will consider the night as a mistake.

Who knows what will happen in 6 months.

Pretty big rumours about Zidane being replaced at the end of thr season. 100% makes sense that neither Madrid or Ødegaard himself will commit to anything beyond that period. A new manager may or may not fancy Ødegaard. If he does then he stays if not they may look to punt.

Nobody and nobody is claiming to know anything.

But the option to buy clauses is a real thing in football mate. If there is no such clause in the deal it will take a lot of power from us at the end of 6 months loan deal. It also tells me either we don't want the player after 6 months, which is alright. Or worse, Real consider us like in Ceballos's case an opportunity to develop the player, as we do with small teams in the country with our academy players. And the player himself doesn't fancy joining us long term.

AGAIN. I have said a lot can change in 6 months and I have said that maybe the player will like it here.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don`t really understand why people are complaining. Sure an option would be nice but Ødegaard is a quality player who cna help us for the rest of the season. If he does well enough for us to wish him to stay we

Maybe he`ll get Arteta sacked, like Lydersen did with George Graham?
85e39596-e53b-44b2-8972-a0ababebf6e9

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Nobody and nobody is claiming to know anything.

But the option to buy clauses is a real thing in football mate. If there is no such clause in the deal it will take a lot of power from us at the end of 6 months loan deal. It also tells me either we don't want the player after 6 months, which is alright. Or worse, Real consider us like in Ceballos's case an opportunity to develop the player, as we do with small teams in the country with our academy players. And the player himself doesn't fancy joining us long term.

AGAIN. I have said a lot can change in 6 months and I have said that maybe the player will like it here.
I know options are real things in football. I just don't see it as an issue here. We need a player, they want to lend us a player, 6 months everyone revisits to see what the situation is. Its maximum flexibility for everyone involved. For me that's a good thing.

I know options are real things in football. I just don't see it as an issue here. We need a player, they want to lend us a player, 6 months everyone revisits to see what the situation is. Its maximum flexibility for everyone involved. For me that's a good thing.

If he hits the ground running and can contribute then it's no issue. But I felt more comfortable with the deal if there was an option to buy, at least we could then say it's okay if he fails to adapt instantly.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If he hits the ground running and can contribute then it's no issue. But I felt more comfortable with the deal if there was an option to buy, at least we could then say it's okay if he fails to adapt instantly.
Naturally yes 18 months gives everyone more time. But the other side is that it focuses everyone's mind on the fact its a short time and the ground needs to be hit running.

Also focuses Edu and Co that they'll need another solution lined up ASAP

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

So.. who do you want?

If we can only get/afford a loan this January.

Eriksen? He is PL proven, I give you that.

Might get an option to buy in that contract!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom