• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Winter 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Didn't think I'd ever say that when Mbappe was back at Monaco and looked like the most talented player of generations and very humble, but I'd go for Haaland over Mbappe by now any day.

Better character, much better profile and physical striker suited for the PL, slowly outperforming Mbappe and probably even cheaper.

Also, how can he become the undisputed star unless you sell Mane and Salah

Love Haaland, but Mbappé suffers from playing in a less visible league in Ligue 1, imo. He's absolutely immense whenever he plays for France and in the CL.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Love Haaland, but Mbappé suffers from playing in a less visible league in Ligue 1, imo. He's absolutely immense whenever he plays for France and in the CL.

I did not say Mbappe suddenly became bad, he's obviously still worldclass and will continue to be just that. But I dont like him as much as I used to, has become a very Neymar'esque guy that got too famous too fast and did not develop well with it.

Haaland is just way more suited for this league to just do as good as he did in the Bundesliga and seems to have been absolutely unaffected by his rise to promise.

Haaland for a significantly lower fee is just the way to go. Much better fit for Liverpool and Klopp's "heavy metal" football

Bloodbather

Established Member

But I dont like him as much as I used to, has become a very Neymar'esque guy that got too famous too fast and did not develop well with it.

I agree with this, but not with the rest of your post.

Mbappé's character development is one thing, his footballing development is another and the two shouldn't be confused. His development as a footballer hasn't stunted, it's just less visible because he plays in Ligue 1.

There's nothing about Mbappé's game that suggests Haaland would be a better fit for the PL or Liverpool than he would be. He has a very similar profile to Mané and Salah in terms of what he brings to the table. He's an absolute monster in counter-attacking situations, arguably the best in the world currently.

The guy proved his capability at the world's greatest stage, being the most important attacking force of the world champions is no small feat. Haaland hasn't seen similar heights. I think he will, not in terms of winning a World Cup but in other ways, but it's a stretch to put him ahead of Mbappé as a prospect at the moment.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Got a text saying Sp**s have enquired about Edouard. Nothing more than that atm.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

****. This is really bad news, does not even matter whether we get him in or not instead - proactive because Kane is injured, makes sense.
Waiting until the Celtic team is announced. If he starts thats a good sign.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

This is pathetic if true. Barcelona absolutely bent over a barrel it seems.

Everyone knows Barca have financial problems but many still don't understand the gravity of them, they could legit go bankrupt this year, they'd have to re-form as a private company, like what happened to Rangers. It's obvious they need to get rid of Messi, Coutinho, Griezmann and probably Dembele, those are expensive wages that they need to jettison to survive, but apparently they might also have to sell one of the 'untouchables' i.e De Jong, Fati or Ter Stegen.

There's a lot more drama to come from Barca in the next 6 months or so.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/forget...celona-are-battling/11u3ro2ncsj9qz67ip5l172lf

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Everyone knows Barca have financial problems but many still don't understand the gravity of them, they could legit go bankrupt this year, they'd have to re-form as a private company, like what happened to Rangers. It's obvious they need to get rid of Messi, Coutinho, Griezmann and probably Dembele, those are expensive wages that they need to jettison to survive, but apparently they might also have to sell one of the 'untouchables' i.e De Jong, Fati or Ter Stegen.

There's a lot more drama to come from Barca in the next 6 months or so.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/forget...celona-are-battling/11u3ro2ncsj9qz67ip5l172lf

That goal.com article isnt the best to draw conclusions from, they're obviously in trouble but bankruptcy is far away at the moment and wont be this summer imo.

No argument that they are an awfully run club from top to bottom though, personally I've never been fond of Barca so would be interested to see them miss out on CL and have a bit of a reset.

If memory serves me correctly this isnt the first time they've been in a mess is it? I seem to remember they had many issues when Rivaldo was top dog.

What was interesting in that article though is the 5 clubs with top losses worldwide and Schalke 04 being #3, how have they managed to get there, off to go find out!

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'm not sure they have been, this is his 2017-2021 contract, is that not the going rate for the at the time best player in the world?
138m a year for a play is a too much, no matter how good he is.

Ronaldo and Neymar don't even earn near that ffs.

Yeah, he's probably the best player in the world when he's in the mood but you can't be doling that kind of wage out especially to a player who's past his prime.

It's not just Messi. The likes of Griezmann, Coutinho, dembele are on ridiculous wage. They've spent billions in the past few years and yet the only player that has value ATM is Fati.

These Days most their decisions don't even make sense. They look more like a political party than a football club.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
That goal.com article isnt the best to draw conclusions from, they're obviously in trouble but bankruptcy is far away at the moment and wont be this summer imo.

No argument that they are an awfully run club from top to bottom though, personally I've never been fond of Barca so would be interested to see them miss out on CL and have a bit of a reset.

If memory serves me correctly this isnt the first time they've been in a mess is it? I seem to remember they had many issues when Rivaldo was top dog.

What was interesting in that article though is the 5 clubs with top losses worldwide and Schalke 04 being #3, how have they managed to get there, off to go find out!

The difference between then and now is surely just the sheer scale of the money though. I mean I don't think Barca will cease to exist, I think worst case scenario they have to give up public ownership and some Saudi billionaire buys them. Catastrophe for them obviously, they'd lose their whole identity, but their brand value is so strong that they should be fine in the long run.

Still, there's gonna be a fire sale in the summer. Obviously we're near the back of the queue for the likes of De Jong or Fati, but someone like Dembele is probably within reach, although i'd have reservations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom