• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Sead Kolasinac (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Some insightful posts on this page but he isn't going in to retirement so why should we pay him off, lose a transfer or loan fee to allow him to collect a signing on fee and salary at a new club?

If we're paying him, we might as well.keep or loan him.

tcahill

People on here acting like they'd move to a different workplace for less than half the pay are full of it. Especially when a career is only a decade or so.

Kola has done nothing wrong, he's been professional throughout his time here and gives it his all despite not being good enough.

Not his fault we've managed his contract situation terribly.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
People on here acting like they'd move to a different workplace for less than half the pay are full of it. Especially when a career is only a decade or so.

Kola has done nothing wrong, he's been professional throughout his time here and gives it his all despite not being good enough.

Say you work at some terrible corporate sh*thole, let's use McKinsey as an example. You're pushing slide decks all day, make long hours and the conclusion of your work is predetermined by the board of your client who just want to sack 30% of the workforce and want you to tell them it's ok. But the pay is good.

Now say you can do something you love at an NGO or small firm. It's less prestigious and it pays less, but every day you can do what you love. Do you take the paycut or will you be miserable for another year because the pay is good? I know what I would do.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

Other people are acting like they would pay an employee who is working at a different workplace. There is fault on both sides. The club can still fulfil their contractual obligations by keeping him here, but not registering in the squad and pay him. Between that and still paying him while he plays for another club, I would gladly choose the former.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Say you work at some terrible corporate sh*thole, let's use McKinsey as an example. You're pushing slide decks all day, make long hours and the conclusion of your work is predetermined by the board of your client who just want to sack 30% of the workforce and want you to tell them it's ok. But the pay is good.

Now say you can do something you love at an NGO or small firm. It's less prestigious and it pays less, but every day you can do what you love. Do you take the paycut or will you be miserable for another year because the pay is good? I know what I would do.
That’s because you are talking about jobs that pay a few bob a year. Let’s see you do the same when the difference in pay is a few million and your career only lasts for a few years.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You are assuming he loves playing football. Most players don’t think like fans and see this as a job. And football is not like other jobs. It’s a window of a decade at most you can make good money

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
That’s because you are talking about jobs that pay a few bob a year. Let’s see you do the same when the difference in pay is a few million and your career only lasts for a few years.
I'm not saying don't give him anything to tide him over, but demanding the full contract is madness. I said give him like three months, which is already over a million pounds.
You are assuming he loves playing football. Most players don’t think like fans and see this as a job. And football is not like other jobs. It’s a window of a decade at most you can make good money
Fair enough, he might not love football. Would make me despise him, though. How lucky is this mediocre guy to make such a living playing a beautiful sport and then to not love it?

Without this career he'd be cutting the necks of pigs for twelve hours a day in a factory line for less than minimum wage.

Also, I don't agree that footballers should be able to just start their pension after their professional career. What have they contributed to society that they should be allowed to retire at 32 and do nothing? Also, if you can't do that after making 5m pounds a year for 4 years, what are you even doing?

Can't believe all these people making less than 100k/year are defending multi-millionaires for their rent-seeking behaviour all the time.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

I dont get this, why don't we just say "okay, you want your full salary, then you gotta stay but dont come to training." ?

Aren't we allowed to not play him ?
Could surely stick him into the U23 and have him rot before paying him every penny of his contract.
Don't see an upside for the club in this.

If we **** him with the U23s and he cannot leave for his love Özil, he surely would change his tune

Liam_Og

Other people are acting like they would pay an employee who is working at a different workplace. There is fault on both sides. The club can still fulfil their contractual obligations by keeping him here, but not registering in the squad and pay him. Between that and still paying him while he plays for another club, I would gladly choose the former.

I’d suffer 12 months in an unexciting place for an additional £1.5m in my back pocket. The NGO’s will be there still next year.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's hard to give us minimal fee? We not going to cancel his contract and give 5m specially in this periods when clubs trying to save money.

If Fenerbache not willing to pay anything then sorry buddy you stuck with u23

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I never get the comparison with footballers to normal jobs. Or the would you half your pay to work somewhere else? line of thinking. It's not comparable

Kola will have been payed over £20m by the time his Arsenal contract expires. He shouldn't be worrying about money and no fan should be worrying about him on that score either. It's not like he wouldn't be making a good few million a season somewhere else.

Legally he's entitled to stay to the very last day of his contract. As fans of the club we're also entitled to view him as a money grabber who puts adding a few million into an already hugely wealthy bank account over getting the most out of a ( short) career in a sporting sense.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I dont get this, why don't we just say "okay, you want your full salary, then you gotta stay but dont come to training." ?

Aren't we allowed to not play him ?
Could surely stick him into the U23 and have him rot before paying him every penny of his contract.
Don't see an upside for the club in this.

If we **** him with the U23s and he cannot leave for his love Özil, he surely would change his tune
I don’t think we can refuse him training or even Chuck him in the u23 just for respecting his contract. He could get the football association involved for mistreatment and it would be a massive own goal by the club in terms of pr. I’m sure his fellow team mates wouldn’t be one bit impressed by the club either

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I don’t think we can refuse him training or even Chuck him in the u23 just for respecting his contract. He could get the football association involved for mistreatment and it would be a massive own goal by the club in terms of pr. I’m sure his fellow team mates wouldn’t be one bit impressed by the club either
I don't get it. We probably won't be able to refuse him in training. But otherwise, we have all rights to freeze him out of squad. We did it for Özil. All we have to say is that we can't register such a big squad and Kola doesn't make the cut. As for other players, they can **** right off. They already see the club as a holiday destination.

Anyway, it's not like the club is blocking his move. If he wants to move, he has to take the paycut and move. Maybe the club would be willing to pay somewhere less than 50% of his contract. Why should the club pay him the full amount to play for another club?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I don't get it. We probably won't be able to refuse him in training. But otherwise, we have all rights to freeze him out of squad. We did it for Özil. All we have to say is that we can't register such a big squad and Kola doesn't make the cut. As for other players, they can **** right off. They already see the club as a holiday destination.

Anyway, it's not like the club is blocking his move. If he wants to move, he has to take the paycut and move. Maybe the club would be willing to pay somewhere less than 50% of his contract. Why should the club pay him the full amount to play for another club?
Özil trained with the first team. He was chucked to the kids though. You can’t go out of your way to treat players you don’t want however you want. He signed first team contract

Kav

Established Member
These are people not things to own. I swear some people on this forum represent the worst. If you have ever had to manage people you would know the value of mental health and motivation for staff. Staff observe behaviour of the management especially when it concerns others. They watch how you treat them and talk amongst each other. If you want players to buy into what you’re doing the autocratic approach will only work for a short time. They will find away to work around you.

Best thing to do is have a direct discussion with Kola about their plans and where he fits. If no agreement can be made then they will have to choose between a loan and paying him off. It’s the club’s fault for offering him high wages. That’s a risk they undertook when giving him the last deal. Can’t complain about it now. Fans should shut up about these things.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

How about comparing footballers with footballers. Some are greedy and some have pride in what they do. Messi agreed a 50% pay cut to stay with Barcelona. Joe Hart went from 75k to 25k to play regular footballer. These guys have made enough to live several life's over. A player can sit on their contract if they wish. It's their right. It's also their right to waive that contractual entitlement. Ultimately I think we've signed a lot of players with the wrong mentality over the years. And this is just a symptom of it. Willian, Kolasanic, Özil. They've lost the hunger and desire to play the sport they fell in love with.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
He'll be loaned out. If you're gonna bring him in on loan at you club wouldn't you wait til the last moment in order to save on the wages? I'm hoping that's why he's still here.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
These are people not things to own. I swear some people on this forum represent the worst. If you have ever had to manage people you would know the value of mental health and motivation for staff. Staff observe behaviour of the management especially when it concerns others. They watch how you treat them and talk amongst each other. If you want players to buy into what you’re doing the autocratic approach will only work for a short time. They will find away to work around you.

Best thing to do is have a direct discussion with Kola about their plans and where he fits. If no agreement can be made then they will have to choose between a loan and paying him off. It’s the club’s fault for offering him high wages. That’s a risk they undertook when giving him the last deal. Can’t complain about it now. Fans should shut up about these things.
Mental health and motivation? Seriously? You are talking about a guy who says he will play for another club while expecting Arsenal to pay his full wages. What kind of motivation does it give other players? The fact that Özil advised him to do that explains how human nature works. Before long, you will see more players downing their tools. Players play for money. It's as simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom