• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Sead Kolasinac (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Re-watching Sopranos, was gonna joke we should just put a hit out on Kola, rather than pay him off.

Then remembered Raul actually did do that, but Sead sent them packing :lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He's seen his friends do it though?
Yeh that’s the issue. You create a culture of this crap. It’s of course shameless of those before him to have done so too, there’s no pride left in this sport. Players like Özil doing all this PR having fans eat out his hands while doing this kinda stuff.

Leaving in this way doesn’t make you a legend or a respected player for me, you’re a mercenary. But this is the way football has gone since the Bosman ruling, and people repeatedly kiss players (and their agents) asses saying “yes this is right, why shouldn’t players have all the power, theyre the ones playing? ”. If you’re gonna strip it down to that then who trained these players and make their career possible? Football clubs.

I personally don’t get it. There used to be too much club power in the 20th century but now there’s too much player power (and that has meant agent power which is just a terrible thing for the sport). This fakeness and self serving is slowly making me lose love for the sport. Now your ‘team’ is you, your agent, and your PR/management team. Not the club + dressing room you represent.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Re-watching Sopranos, was gonna joke we should just put a hit out on Kola, rather than pay him off.

Then remembered Raul actually did do that, but Sead sent them packing :lol:
Good post Riou, however you're still the Anthony Jr. of this forum.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Good post Riou, however you're still the Anthony Jr. of this forum.

Think I am Corrado Soprano, tbh.

Believe everyone respects me, and I am the head of the family...but really no one likes me and the only social events I get "invited" to, is when I am gate-crashing funerals!

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Reminds me of what Ricky Gervais told the celebrities during the Golden Globes intro speech - "If you do win an award tonight, don't use it as a platform to make a political speech. You're in no position to lecture the public about anything."

Legally speaking, he has the right to earn money for the last year. But the contract is for when he is in the club. So the club has the right to play hardball here.

Morally speaking, what he is doing is pure scumbaggery. Unlike Özil, I had respect for Kola because he took a paycut to go on loan last season. Not anymore. He is also a mercenary, just like every other player in world football right now.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
When clubs refuse to let players like Kane or Zaha go, people will talk about 'they shouldn't have signed that contract, suck it up'. They can have a gentleman's agreement to be allowed to leave if x amount is paid or they fail to reach y target, but when the club goes back on their words, it's all 'they have a contract, the club is within its right, they shouldn't be so stupid to trust them'. When it's the club signing a bad contract, the players are still supposed to give up what they are entitled to just because(and to the detriment of themselves), clubs shouldn't face any consequences for bad decision making and the players should just bail them out, uproot their families and move or they are greedy. People will sit there with a straight face and say that's how is should be lmfao.
You don't want to be stuck with a bad contract, make better decisions, it's that simple.

Arsenal could have sold him for 10m + when his value was at its highest but didn't, that cost Kolasinac a potentially good move and good contract too. This is his last big contract and he's supposed to give it all up because Arsenal messed up lmao. Is he refusing to train? no. Is he refusing to play games? no. Is he behaving unprofessionally in any way(that we are aware of)? no. People talking about 'let him rot in the reserves, give him the bare minimum and make his life miserable' like this is not a real person we are talking about here, ****ing pathetic.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
When clubs refuse to let players like Kane or Zaha go, people will talk about 'they shouldn't have signed that contract, suck it up'. They can have a gentleman's agreement to be allowed to leave if x amount is paid or they fail to reach y target, but when the club goes back on their words, it's all 'they have a contract, the club is within its right, they shouldn't be so stupid to trust them'. When it's the club signing a bad contract, the players are still supposed to give up what they are entitled to just because(and to the detriment of themselves), clubs shouldn't face any consequences for bad decision making and the players should just bail them out, uproot their families and move or they are greedy. People will sit there with a straight face and say that's how is should be lmfao.
You don't want to be stuck with a bad contract, make better decisions, it's that simple.

Arsenal could have sold him for 10m + when his value was at its highest but didn't, that cost Kolasinac a potentially good move and good contract too. This is his last big contract and he's supposed to give it all up because Arsenal messed up lmao. Is he refusing to train? no. Is he refusing to play games? no. Is he behaving unprofessionally in any way(that we are aware of)? no. People talking about 'let him rot in the reserves, give him the bare minimum and make his life miserable' like this is not a real person we are talking about here, ****ing pathetic.
Lot of good sense in this post

IstraBalagina

Reminds me of what Ricky Gervais told the celebrities during the Golden Globes intro speech - "If you do win an award tonight, don't use it as a platform to make a political speech. You're in no position to lecture the public about anything."

Legally speaking, he has the right to earn money for the last year. But the contract is for when he is in the club. So the club has the right to play hardball here.

Morally speaking, what he is doing is pure scumbaggery. Unlike Özil, I had respect for Kola because he took a paycut to go on loan last season. Not anymore. He is also a mercenary, just like every other player in world football right now.
Then take a paycut at your work

RacingPhoton

Established Member
He is under contract, why would he take a paycut? It's his decision. And nobody cares about your respect btw
I clearly pointed out that legally he has all rights to run through the contract. But the next time he or Özil make social media posts about how much they love the club, we can clearly call that bullshit. I don't go around telling people how much I love the company I work for. I make it clear that it is a job I do for money. Even then I will never have the audacity to ask an employer "I want to work for another company. But I still want you to pay me".
And I don't care about what you feel about my respect btw.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I clearly pointed out that legally he has all rights to run through the contract. But the next time he or Özil make social media posts about how much they love the club, we can clearly call that bullshit. I don't go around telling people how much I love the company I work for. I make it clear that it is a job I do for money. Even then I will never have the audacity to ask an employer "I want to work for another company. But I still want you to pay me".
And I don't care about what you feel about my respect btw.

Nope it's more like your company doesn't want you anymore, and is forcing your way out and don't want to pay you what they were engaged to pay you.

You can love your company as much as you want, but nobody is sitting on 5M for love, especially when your career is so short. You get as much money as you can get while you still can.

Blame our scouting network who were ok to sign a guy who can't defend and play in a back 4, and blame the club who decided to give him that much money in the first place.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This guy is the perfect example of why ‘free agents’ are a massive risk. £100k plus a week for a player who’d be lucky to get £50k if he stayed in Germany or signed with a transfer fee.

Good thing is we learned our lesson and haven’t signed any free duds since then.

ClubLevel

This guy is the perfect example of why ‘free agents’ are a massive risk. £100k plus a week for a player who’d be lucky to get £50k if he stayed in Germany or signed with a transfer fee.

Good thing is we learned our lesson and haven’t signed any free duds since then.
willian borges da silva love GIF by Chelsea FC

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Nope it's more like your company doesn't want you anymore, and is forcing your way out and don't want to pay you what they were engaged to pay you.

You can love your company as much as you want, but nobody is sitting on 5M for love, especially when your career is so short. You get as much money as you can get while you still can.

Blame our scouting network who were ok to sign a guy who can't defend and play in a back 4, and blame the club who decided to give him that much money in the first place.
I am not saying that the club didn't make a mistake. It was stupid from the club to give a long and high wage contract to him. I am also not saying that the club is morally good in anyway. What's happening is pure legal tussle. I am just pointing out a couple of things.
1) When these players tweet about ethics like how Özil posts about what it means to be a club legend, no one should take it seriously anymore. Just like how clubs post about how much the adore their players and fans, everything is fake.
2) Given that there is no place for morality on both sides, the club should go all out and provide him with two options. He is free to stay back at Arsenal and collect the wages he was promised, but he won't be registered in the squad. This would mean he will struggle to get another contract after that. The other option is for him to take a paycut and go elsewhere. It is important that we send this message to any other player who thinks they can get to Arsenal and earn money without playing.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

He did fine I'd say, it definitely wasn't a complete waste like Willian and Cedric. Kola was a starter for a while, was even our main source of "creativity" under Emery.
Yeah, we definitely need to move him on after we've bought Tierney and now Tavares, but we did use Kola and he wasn't the worst player we've seen.
When you sum everything up, think from a financial perspective it wasn't the worst deal, but it's not great either, I agree with that.

Drebin

I don't rate Kolasinac but at the time we signed him I was a little bit excited. Schalke finished 2nd in the league and he was one of the outstanding players in their team at that time. On paper not a bad signing.

Would it have been a smaller risk when we signed him with a signing fee?

2017 he probably had a value around 15 M pounds. Schalke wouldn't have sold him for less.

50k wages for 4 years = 10,4 M // so in total an investment of 25 M pounds

Not much of a difference to the actual situation with probably 5 M pounds signing fee and 20 M contract.

Edit: Would have been a lot easier to sell him of course with lower wages

TornadoTed

Established Member
I don't rate Kolasinac but at the time we signed him I was a little bit excited. Schalke finished 2nd in the league and he was one of the outstanding players in their team at that time. On paper not a bad signing.

Would it have been a smaller risk when we signed him with a signing fee?

2017 he probably had a value around 15 M pounds. Schalke wouldn't have sold him for less.

50k wages for 4 years = 10,4 M // so in total an investment of 25 M pounds

Not much of a difference to the actual situation with probably 5 M pounds signing fee and 20 M contract.

Edit: Would have been a lot easier to sell him of course with lower wages
Yes it's easy to criticise when using hindsight. As you say he had a great season, even made the Bundesliga team of the year and had Bayern interested in him.

He has even had times where he has been decent here.

We have made much worse signings than Kolasinac in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom