• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: Öde To Joy

Will Ødegaard get over 10 G/A in the Premier League this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I went for over 10. We need Ødegaard, ESR & Saka to be scoring 10 each. Last season Pepe managed 16 so we have the potential for nearly 50 goals without taking our CF into account. We've missed goals from midfield for some time now. When you rely on 1 main scorer we've seen what happens when they don't score.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Xhala, shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11. Lokonga and Party are superior in every aspect except for red cards and falling over the ball and getting a free kick.
In a Tifo you tube clip they were talking about arsenal tactics and in the starting lineup they had party and lokonga (no sign of xhaka), so others agree with you.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Don't think anyone else in the squad right now, can play passes like this...

...very Özil-esque.

He's not as all action as ESR, but will bring more control to our attacks.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Don't think anyone else in the squad right now, can play passes like this...

...very Özil-esque.

He's not as all action as ESR, but will bring more control to our attacks.
Yeah Martinelli will absolutely love that sort of ball played inside the last man. Sort of thing he thrives off… he always makes that run but no one seems to find him.

ArtetaOut

I have never understood the hype surrounding Ødegaard tbh.. Sure he is a flamboyant player and has good technique but the end product is always missing. In 29 games he's played for us he had only 2 goals and 2 assists, hardly top notch is it? There's a reason why both Zidane and Ancelotti do not rate him highly. I certainly hope he can make my eat my words though..

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I went for over 10. We need Ødegaard, ESR & Saka to be scoring 10 each. Last season Pepe managed 16 so we have the potential for nearly 50 goals without taking our CF into account. We've missed goals from midfield for some time now. When you rely on 1 main scorer we've seen what happens when they don't score.
Thing is few (non striker) younger players consistently get goals unless they are a bit of a freak of nature . 10 a piece is a massive ask.
it is often something they develop & add to their game around mid 20s.
Everyone expects our young players to develop & I'm sure they will although its natural that they may have 'troughs' along with peaks
This genuine concern is they are unable to add the needed numbers to their game in terms of goals. They may in the future but it could be another 3 or 4 seasons until they really produce?

Riou

This forum is blind, we've seen both Saka and Pepe do this a million times.

If I could edit the post, mate, I would change it to "Few in the squad, can play passes like this" ...but alas...

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
This forum is blind, we've seen both Saka and Pepe do this a million times.
I'll try to trust my eyes more this season rather than being obsessed with youtube clips and poor statistics. You can always twist statistics depending on how you count stuff, key passes or chances created were always flawed for me. With youtube clips, it's even worse, you can make Holding look like a great passer of the ball there. Would be nice to see a video on how many of these Holywood passes were actually intercepted or misplaced. I'm sure if you try enough you will get some of them right for a video clip.

That being said, it's nice to have another technical player on the team and I believe we have a good mix of players going forward, but I'm convinced Arteta will still go on with Xhaka and players that are holding us back so it won't really matter if we have fancy technicians in the forward line.

Riou

I’d honestly be tempted to play a 433 and have Saka-Partey-Ødegaard as the midfield

Arteta will always want 2 holders, so the best you can hope for is Partey-Lokonga, least that looks really good in theory.

Bar number 10, the only other place Ødegaard might play is RW...unless there is a lot of injuries, maybe.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Thing is few (non striker) younger players consistently get goals unless they are a bit of a freak of nature . 10 a piece is a massive ask.
it is often something they develop & add to their game around mid 20s.
Everyone expects our young players to develop & I'm sure they will although its natural that they may have 'troughs' along with peaks
This genuine concern is they are unable to add the needed numbers to their game in terms of goals. They may in the future but it could be another 3 or 4 seasons until they really produce?

They are attacking midfielders. It doesnt need to be 10 PL goals just 10 goals. Seeing as we have no European football we should be looking for consistency by making only a few changes in cup games. FA Cup I'd even play the starting PL team as its normally on a weekend when there are no PL games. We used to have attacking midfielders scoring 10+ goals and other teams still do it now.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
We should do similar polls in the other player threads because even though I voted over 10 G/A, I have a feeling only one of Auba/Lacazette are going to get more than 10 G/A this year under Arteta.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I have never understood the hype surrounding Ødegaard tbh.. Sure he is a flamboyant player and has good technique but the end product is always missing. In 29 games he's played for us he had only 2 goals and 2 assists, hardly top notch is it? There's a reason why both Zidane and Ancelotti do not rate him highly. I certainly hope he can make my eat my words though..
Because he can consistently take 3 defenders out of contention with a pass and his G/A return didn't reflect his performances. Hes also extremely good at keeping possession in dangerous areas and getting the ball in to more dangerous areas, while being resistant to pressure while on the ball. Hes also good at pressing... at least thats what I saw and where my expectations are coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom