• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Leandro Trossard

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiscoGooner8

Don't think we're going to love this guy, my feeling is he's a bit below the level for us. Like he'll do a job especially in cups but if he has to play 90 minutes consistently then we'll be in trouble. Still, a solid signing at the price.
I mean if anyone has to play 90 minutes consistently outside of our top 11 we are in trouble (other than fullbacks). This is a signing so that our front 3 doesn’t have to play 90 every game.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
My worry with Trossard is does he have 1v1 ability? I don't mean in the box, i mean outwide? He has good footwork, but i think his lack of pace leads him to running into blind alleys a bit. Our wingers need to be able to take us forward, can Trossard do that? He looks more like a players who comes alive in the box to me.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Because this isn't Football Manager. You don't have 4 CMs who all expect to start. Rotation is overrated aswell, we are playing so well this season because there is continuity, partnerships all over the pitch. Partey is playing well because he plays every game.

Look at Mahrez, he's every bit as good as Salah, but the more Pep rotates, the more his form drops. When he gets consistent minutes, he finds form, like now.

3 Good options for 2 positions is fine. 4, is too much.

Firstly don't insult me with this.....this isn't football manager talk. What age are you?

Secondly we are going to be competing in the CL, League and trying to win the FA Cup next year.

Elneny will move on and Lokonga also.

Are you saying Partey/Xhaka and 1 other midfielder is enough. Given Parteys injury record and Xhaka hitting his 30s?

Liverpool have Jota/Salah/Firmino/Nunez/Diaz all for 3 forward positions.

City have Rodri/Phillips/Gundogan/KDB/Silva all vying for 3 midfield positions. You told me teams didn't do that?

If you want a team that is going to push on and challenge for titles and CL every year you need more than 30 year old Partey, Xhaka and A.N other.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Really don’t mind this transfer especially considering the context.

He gives us PL proven experience in a very good season form wise for him. You could argue he is more likely to make an instant impact here than Mudryk- despite being the less exciting signing long term.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
But it's not sustainable. Caicedo goes and they will try and replace him with a similar south American profile and suddenly it doesn't bang and they are ****ed.

Yeah there are always these smart teams whose model looks great until the point they have couple of flops and are suddenly in relegation battle. Look at Leicester and Southampton. Sevilla might be kind of in a similar situation as well, went from potentially challenging for the league to being in the relegation zone.

I much rather stick with traditional model of team building than these moneyball type of setups.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Firstly don't insult me with this.....this isn't football manager talk. What age are you?

Secondly we are going to be competing in the CL, League and trying to win the FA Cup next year.

Elneny will move on and Lokonga also.

Are you saying Partey/Xhaka and 1 other midfielder is enough. Given Parteys injury record and Xhaka hitting his 30s?

Liverpool have Jota/Salah/Firmino/Nunez/Diaz all for 3 positions.

City have Rodri/Phillips/Gundogan/KDB/Silva all vying for 3 midfield positions.

If you want a team that is going to push on and challenge for titles and CL you need more than 30 year old Partey, Xhaka and A.N other.

Well, saying we should have Partey, Xhaka, Rice, Tielemans for 2 positions is very Football Manager.

No, i am saying we should have 3 good CMs and then an Elneny or a Patino. Rotation should be limited where possible, continuity is key. Liverpool were at their best when they played the same 11, 90% of the time.

You need to stop comparing with City. They are an anomaly.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
My worry with Trossard is does he have 1v1 ability? I don't mean in the box, i mean outwide? He has good footwork, but i think his lack of pace leads him to running into blind alleys a bit. Our wingers need to be able to take us forward, can Trossard do that? He looks more like a players who comes alive in the box to me.
He’s defo not a 1on1 touchline player. But we know that going into it.

Trossard can be a plan B option off the bench to make things happen in the final 3rd. If we are chasing the game our whole team can push up and he will be closer to the box anyway.

If we are in a position where we are starting him, we would ideally need an overlapper eg Tierney. Not ideal I guess but he still adds value and can also be dangerous at CF.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I think with a Trossard you can still go out and sign another winger in the summer if you’re serious about elevating into a top CL club.

He would be relatively easy to flip as well if it doesn’t work out or if we go in a different direction.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
He’s defo not a 1on1 touchline player. But we know that going into it.

Trossard can be a plan B option off the bench to make things happen in the final 3rd.

If we are in a position where we are starting him, we would ideally need an overlapper eg Tierney. Not ideal I guess but he still adds value and can also be dangerous at CF.

Yeah thats the issue for me, you can't have width with both him and Zinchenko. Could be that he's more for the EL and off the bench in the PL.

I would have liked a more natural winger, one who could come in when Martinelli or Saka are off form, like Gabi is at the moment.

I've also seen people say he can play across the frontline, but i don't recall seeing him on the right. ESR back coming back now too, both best off the left.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Well, saying we should have Partey, Xhaka, Rice, Tielemans for 2 positions is very Football Manager.

No, i am saying we should have 3 good CMs and then an Elneny or a Patino. Rotation should be limited where possible, continuity is key. Liverpool were at their best when they played the same 11, 90% of the time.

You need to stop comparing with City. They are an anomaly.

Rice can cover Xhaka and Partey. Tielemans can cover Xhaka. Injuries will happen. They haven't this season but they will.

We need proper competition for places. We need proper squad options. And for me Elneny nor Patino are going to be enough. Patino maybe in a few years but not next year.

Newcastle, Chelsea, United, City and Liverpool are all going to go big in summer. We need to do the same to compete.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Rice can cover Xhaka and Partey. Tielemans can cover Xhaka. Injuries will happen. They haven't this season but they will.

We need proper competition for places. We need proper squad options. And for me Elneny nor Patino are going to be enough. Patino maybe in a few years but not next year.

Newcastle, Chelsea, United, City and Liverpool are all going to go big in summer. We need to do the same to compete.
They are going to go big for first 11 players, not bench players.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Because this isn't Football Manager. You don't have 4 CMs who all expect to start. Rotation is overrated aswell, we are playing so well this season because there is continuity, partnerships all over the pitch. Partey is playing well because he plays every game.

Look at Mahrez, he's every bit as good as Salah, but the more Pep rotates, the more his form drops. When he gets consistent minutes, he finds form, like now.

3 Good options for 2 positions is fine. 4, is too much.
The problem is that apart from this season, Partey has played ~50% of EPL games. So he has been 1/2 of a player.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I would have liked a more natural winger, one who could come in when Martinelli or Saka are off form, like Gabi is at the moment.
I agree about the type of profile that we actually need being more of a 1on1 high intensity winger.

But options wise we didnt have much after Mudryk. It was either Diaby (probably woulda been £70m+) or paying the entire 50m release clause in one go for Nico Williams at Bilbao.

That kind of outlay for either of those players would have really damaged our summer business, and there is 0 guarantee they have more impact than Trossard for our title charge. So what’s the point?

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
The problem is that apart from this season, Partey has played ~50% of EPL games. So he has been 1/2 of a player.

And thats where Rice would come in. I'm saying get a player who can cover/compete for both 6 & 8. But getting Tielemans and saying to him you are back up to Xhaka and Rice for the LCM position, cool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom