• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Aston Villa 2 - 4 Arsenal | Saturday, February 18 | KO: 12:30 GMT | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
FpPvxBPX0AU03sh

@Trilly

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Imagine getting yellow card for time wasting at your stadium emi is proper s""thouse cost him at end lol
He is just the typical Argentinian player, I don't know why are people surprised about it. Most of the players from there and Uruguay are like that. Look Suarez and Godin, dirty af. They win world cup with dirty football but AM is not ready for that conversation.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

He is just the typical Argentinian player, I don't know why are people surprised about it. Most of the players from there and Uruguay are like that. Look Suarez and Godin, dirty af. They win world cup with dirty football but AM is not ready for that conversation.

Dirty is a matter of perspective.

I'm of the school of thought that you employ every weapon in your arsenal (pun fortuitous, not intended), save injuring an opposition player, to win

The Argentines, after being beaten by us in a match that will become the stuff of sagas (but that's a matter for a different thread :lol:) soundly beat, either through regulation time or penalty kicks, every opponent they faced & were ultimately deserved World Cup winners.

glitchform

Mate. We didn't. We has 2 mistakes in the first half which cost us despite dominating the game.

If Ramsdale doesn't make that save at 2-2 we lose the game. We don't win it 4-1 or 4-0 or anything. It's not black and white and there are fine margins.

Doesn't stop the Hindsights turning up at the final whistle.

Ah yes the old chestnut of individual errors, rathern than calling it what it is, deficient play.

Being an actual north Londoner and that, I'd rather keep my dignity in tact and assess the game in hindsight, rather than being cussed to kingdom come by the rabble.

If you are one of those yankee fans then the stakes are much lower, of course.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I watched the match late and stopped following at 2-1. When I saw the final score and the timing of the goals, I was delighted. As for the match itself, I think it was just what we needed. We showed character to come back twice, determination to keep the score level and then brains and quality to win. There were some very tired performances and the midfield misses the assurance and grit of Partey but we muddled through. Today as well, the subs looked good and have done enough to justify getting a few more minutes.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

In Canada and the wifey wanted to go out last night and I said let's do it so we got home at 2am and the game here was at 7:30m and you can bet I got up to watch it.

Frustrating first half and it looked like it was going to be another loss or off day for us but did we ever flip it and karma came back to bite Emi at the end with the beauty of a strike from Jorginho. Then the cherry on top from Martinelli at the end was perfect!

This is why I love our team and will always love Arsenal! Matches like this where the emotions go wild. I live for it and Arsenal is like religion to me lol my wife thinks I am crazy but I can't help myself.

And then City dropped points and add Chelsea losing at home - only thing that makes this weekend better is Sp**s and United dropping points too lol.

Where in Canada are you brev

Mudi

The thing is, Trossard was even not more dangerous than Martinelli. It is really our left side that is very occupied. Because the role Zinchenko plays, it pushes the left wing really to the side on which the LCM needs to run through the lines. But Xhaka is really too slow to play that role. And as the link up with the striker is not there because of the limitations of your striker the LW position is just useless.

I would like to see the following setup:
------------------Nketiah-----------
Martinelli ------------------ Saka
--------------------Trossard------
-----Ødegaard---------------------
-------------------Partey--------------

Defensively we may be more volunerable but attack-wise this could be so dynamic that we may outscore the teams easily.

Tom Mix

Ah yes the old chestnut of individual errors, rathern than calling it what it is, deficient play.

Being an actual north Londoner and that, I'd rather keep my dignity in tact and assess the game in hindsight, rather than being cussed to kingdom come by the rabble.

Season ticket holder about 25 years. You?

Moviegooner

I screamed and celebrated like crazy!. Nothing beats an injury time goal!
What a fantastic day it was. All the haters, down in the dumps. Mentality monsters!! Jorginho was great. He played some great balls, read the game very good and has that experience that can help you win titles. And that for only 12 mil.

Let's take it game by game. No looking beyond that. Leicester next.

Bucephalus

I'm sorry, but this is offensive. You know who else isn't from North London? Arsène Wenger. Thierry Henry. Dennis Bergkamp.

Arsenal is a global club now. And there's a beautiful thread somewhere on this board asking people to tell their stories about how they fell in love with the club, and none of those stories talk to glory hunting, or not caring in the end. They talk about waking up hangover at god-awful times in the morning, even for matches when there's a sense of doom. They talk about learning about football. And how, for whatever ridiculous reasons, they fell completely and forever for Arsenal.

Look, I know I'm not from North London. I've never had to walk into high school as a 14 year old and know I'm going to be teased or bullied by the Tottenham fans after a tough loss. But I have supported Arsenal for over 40 years now, and I can promise you I live and die with their performances just as much as you do. And so do most of the "foreign" fans who make the effort to post on this board. Do not ever question how much we love Arsenal.

PS. Yes, I live in America now. And I promise you, the stakes are not low at all.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Just woke up to see the forest vs city highlights, lol, haaland, lol. Back on the top with a game in hand, if the games end 10 min early, it would have been a reverse situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom