• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Aston Villa 2 - 4 Arsenal | Saturday, February 18 | KO: 12:30 GMT | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
FpPvxBPX0AU03sh

@Trilly

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Been busy and lost a bit of enthusiasm with the Lee Mason debacle.

What an entertaining game, what a 2nd half performance. That 2nd half came as bit of a surprise though, it was total domination after some while of bad form.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Lots of talk of a half time dressing down but I didn’t think the first half was as bad as Everton performance. Real school playground, coats as goalposts, next-goal wins stuff right at the end. All that was missing was the cheap plastic ball from a petrol station.

Don’t view Jorginho’s goal as lucky at all, the team worked exceptionally hard to earn that.

TheGreatWright8

Player:Jesus
He still had a lot to do. Unlike the reverse scenario where Eddie played it to Ødegaard who had space and half a goal to aim at yet missed the target.

If we didn't win we'd over analyse the missed chances we didn't take. Thankfully we won. Eddie is getting into the right positions, goals will follow.

"Getting into the right positions" that's exactly what he should be doing lol shouldn't get praised for doing the bare minimum and he's piss poor at converting chances or having self awareness to see others in space.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He has 4 goals in 9 PL starts since Jesus was hurt this year. As a back up striker, this is not a woeful return.

I agree his play is not diverse enough. That's why he gets no assists, and why he is behind Jesus in my opinion. He also isn't efficient enough finishing. But Jesus is injured and we have no one else right now. Even then, if Ødegaard had been sharper, Nketiah would have had an assist against Villa.

Maybe Martinelli could play as central striker, but he has never in the past looked comfortable in the number 9 role. I'm not sure he has ever scored while playing that position, has he? His main asset is pace, and what does that give you against a team playing a low block.
Scored twice in against Forest in the 2019 Carabao Cup, twice in the home game against Standard Liege and again against Vitoria. Also scored away at Anfield in the 5-5 Carabao Cup game. At one stage that season I think he was the leading U21 scorer in Europe’s top 5 leagues.

We’re asking similar questions about him that we’re asked of Rashford when he was stationed on the wing but the truth is he can do both. I definitely don’t think THIS version of Martinelli (with the tactical IQ and improved team play) has been used enough through the middle.

As for Eddie, 2 of his 4 goals came in one game so we’ve had 6 games out of his 9 starts with zero G/A. I like Eddie and he’s improved immensely but I definitely feel like we need more options and Gabi M is one.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
The thing is, Trossard was even not more dangerous than Martinelli. It is really our left side that is very occupied. Because the role Zinchenko plays, it pushes the left wing really to the side on which the LCM needs to run through the lines. But Xhaka is really too slow to play that role. And as the link up with the striker is not there because of the limitations of your striker the LW position is just useless.

I would like to see the following setup:
------------------Nketiah-----------
Martinelli ------------------ Saka
--------------------Trossard------
-----Ødegaard---------------------
-------------------Partey--------------

Defensively we may be more volunerable but attack-wise this could be so dynamic that we may outscore the teams easily.

So we really need a xhaka replacement to properly occupy the left space. For me I'd like to see vieria there. But only with partey in the middle to add that steal.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
It’s 4 goals in 21 apps though. He also has just 2 league assists in his entire career. Considering how crucial his role is to how we function, I do question why he’s considered so indispensable by the coach.
Have you considered the fact that we have no other strikers?

Also before Xmas, his combined minutes in the EPL this season added up to just over 1 game. He's literally played 10 full games for those 4 goals, so the 21 apps is misleading as hell.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Have you considered the fact that we have no other strikers?

Also before Xmas, his combined minutes in the EPL this season added up to just over 1 game. He's literally played 10 full games for those 4 goals, so the 21 apps is misleading as hell.
Trossard and Martinelli can both play there to varying effect and rotate with someone like ESR or Nelson. It doesn’t have to be an out and out number 9 & we have more options than sticking with Eddie for 90 minutes and hoping for the best.

People think of Jesus as a forward now but at City he was almost exclusively used wide. It can be done.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Tbh, the last six minutes of this match are my favourite moments of the season so far. I can't stop replaying those minutes.

You just feel it was a big moment in our season. The kind of day you look back on and say "yeah, we pulled it out that day."

Hopefully this is fresh, new momentum. We went a bit stale but a stylish win was just what the doctor ordered.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

Our club >>> other clubs

PS... seeing the ball go in off Emi's gerbil face from this angle, top good 🤤

Xhaka getting on the pitch in full kit without the yellow jersey/substitutes shirt to distinguish from active players :lol:

PL probably going to hand him a fine for that 😭 and he will happily pay ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom