• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ronaldinho vs Neymar

Who was better?

• Total voters

Buhry

Established Member

Ronaldinho at his peak was a footballing god, he had incredible vision, great power and pace, could score goals from 30 meters out, and of course was an incredibly gifted dribbler who made it look effortless. Shame he wasn't motivated enough to keep up that level for that long though, imagine if he had the work ethic of someone like C. Ronaldo.
Neymar has been very good but watching him ive never been awed like Ronaldinho used to when he was at his peak.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Fun fact, Neymar got caught cheating on his pregnant GF just this week.

Girl he slept around with shared the receipts. What she didn't realize is that people would CSI that **** and based on the whatsapp convo, he sent a message saying he was at her doorstep and she texted him back 40 minutes later that he forgot his sunglasses

Perfect metaphor for his career. A lot of spicy talk for what was, in the end, an underwhelming quicky.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Might close this thread. Shouldn't even be a contest if you're old enough to have seen both play.

Ronaldinho's peak and acomplishments make short work of anything Neymar got in his career.

Dinho’s peak lasted barely 2 years.

I was old enough to see both play. Neymar can do anything Ronaldinho could do. He’s also quicker, has as good technique, is a better dribbler, better finisher, just as good a passer, can be just as spectacular, more consistent, more decisive, better free kick taker, more two footed, more prolific, better record for the national side in lesser teams and better career overall. He also tracked back more and worked harder.

Dinho won a World Cup playing with Lucio, Cafu, R. Carlos, Juninho, Rivaldo, R9.

And a Balon d’Or where his closest challenger that year was Frank bloody Lampard. He wouldn’t have even had that in Messi/CR7 era.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
If I try real hard I can think of one maybe two Neymar moments. Whether it's pure brilliance in a moment on the ball, or being a demon possessed deciding a game.

Ronaldinho though...

Messi.
R9.
CR7.
Zidane.

Ronaldinho belongs in the list above. Longevity wise he concedes v the others. But peak era he's 100% in that conversation.

Neymar is a great player, but for me he's in the Suarez tier. World class, but not anywhere near GOAT.

You crazy as hell if you think Dinho himself is in the “GOAT” tier.

There are only 4 players players in that discussion.

Messi
Maradona
Pele
And begrudgingly CR7.

Dinho isn’t even in the top 5 Zilians of all time.

El Duderino

Dinho’s peak lasted barely 2 years.

I was old enough to see both play. Neymar can do anything Ronaldinho could do. He’s also quicker, has as good technique, is a better dribbler, better finisher, just as good a passer, can be just as spectacular, more consistent, more decisive, better free kick taker, more two footed, more prolific, better record for the national side in lesser teams and better career overall. He also tracked back more and worked harder.

Dinho won a World Cup playing with Lucio, Cafu, R. Carlos, Juninho, Rivaldo, R9.

And a Balon d’Or where his closest challenger that year was Frank bloody Lampard. He wouldn’t have even had that in Messi/CR7 era.

I'll preface this by saying that I think Neymar is a supremely gifted footballer, but since we're into the 1% of talent, a lot of things come into play when rating both player.

Let's start with the obvious: Neymar's peak was barely two seasons as well and was helped tremendously by having Messi and Suarez next to him. Ronaldinho had people at the Bernabeu giving him a standing ovation.

There is a reason why Messi idolizes Dinho. The dude was ****ing *magical*.

Secondly, ever since he's moved to PSG he's been a grade A bottler, zero mental fortitude, owe is me footballer.

He always behaves like everyone is out to get him, despite being coddled by the Brazilian press for most of his career. He was still being treated like a teenager up until recently. It's all projection on his part, because he could never handle being a protagonist. Just not built for the pressure.

If Neymar ever loved football, that love has died long ago. He likes himself and his money. Everything is a branding opportunity for him. After the Brazil WC there was video everyone thought was like an apology/self reflection from him about getting up when you're down, coming of age thing.

It was a ****ing gillette ad in the end, and here we were hoping he'd show some accountability and leadership. He completely stalled as a footballer once he went to Paris.

The guy has more fun streaming on twitch, playing poker, than on the pitch.

Meanwhile, when Ronaldinho was under arrest in a Paraguayn prison, you know what he did? He organized a football tourney and bought everyone in the prison barbecue (this is an actual true story).

I could go on and on about his many flaws that kept him from challenging Cristiano and Messi for a Ballon d'Or, but it's quite simple:

Neymar is just not an anthological footballer. Ronaldinho is.

El Duderino

I'll preface this by saying that I think Neymar is a supremely gifted footballer, but since we're into the 1% of talent, a lot of things come into play when rating both player.

Let's start with the obvious: Neymar's peak was barely two seasons as well and was helped tremendously by having Messi and Suarez next to him. Ronaldinho had people at the Bernabeu giving him a standing ovation.

Secondly, ever since he's moved to PSG he's been a grade A bottler, zero mental fortitude, owe is me footballer.

He always behaves like everyone is out to get him, despite being coddled by the Brazilian press for most of his career. He was still being treated like a teenager up until recently. It's all projection on his part, because he could never handle being a protagonist. Just not built for the pressure.

If Neymar ever loved football, that love has died long ago. He likes himself and his money. Everything is a branding opportunity for him. After the Brazil WC there was video everyone thought was like an apology/self reflection from him about getting up when you're down, coming of age thing.

It was a ****ing gillette ad in the end, and here we were hoping he'd show some accountability and leadership. He completely stalled as a footballer once he went to PSG.

Meanwhile, while Ronaldinho was under arrest in a Paraguayn prison, you know what he did? He organized a football tourney and bought everyone in the prison barbecue (this is an actual true story).

I could go on and on about his many flaws that kept him from challenging Cristiano and Messi for a Ballon d'Or, but it's quite simple:

@Trilly IT'S NOT MY FAULT, MATE

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill

It was a ****ing gillette ad in the end, and here we were hoping he'd show some accountability and leadership. He completely stalled as a footballer once he went to Paris.

Meanwhile, when Ronaldinho was under arrest in a Paraguayn prison, you know what he did? He organized a football tourney and bought everyone in the prison barbecue (this is an actual true story).

70% of that post is completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand. If the topic was who is the more likable personality? You might’ve had a point.

Neymar’s peak has not only been longer than Dinho’s but he’s been consistently performing throughout his career starting at Santos where he was far far superior to Dinho when he were playing for Gremio. Culminating in winning a Copa Libertadores, an accomplishment he was instrumental in.

He won a treble in his second year at Barca scoring 39 times where in many aspects he outperformed Messi, scoring in the final, and certainly Suarez that season. He finished 3rd in the Balon d’Or that year behind Messi & CR7, two literal GOAT contenders at their absolute pomp.

Moved to PSG where he has been very consistent but been unlucky a couple times with injuries during the latter stages of the CL.

He’s also Brazil’s record goalscorer, surrounded by a lot of mediocrity as a supporting cast.

So to wrap up Neymar was literally better than Dinho whilst in Brazil, arguably better for Barcelona, definitely better at PSG and more consistent for the Seleção. Plus a more complete player.

But if you prefer a guy with a head band, goofy smile, looking cool doing a few elasticos, then you do you.

El Duderino

70% of that post is completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand. If the topic was who is the more likable personality? You might’ve had a point.

Neymar’s peak has not only been longer than Dinho’s but he’s been consistently performing throughout his career starting at Santos where he was far far superior to Dinho when he were playing for Gremio. Culminating in winning a Copa Libertadores, an accomplishment he was instrumental in.

He won a treble in his second year at Barca scoring 39 times where in many anspects he outperformed Messi, scoring in the final, and certainly Suarez that season. He finished 3rd in the Balon d’Or that year behind Messi & CR7, two literal GOAT contenders at their absolute pomp.

Moved to PSG where he has been very consistent but been unlucky a couple times with injuries during the latter stages of the CL.

He’s also Brazil’s record goalscorer, surrounded by a lot of mediocrity as a supporting cast.

So to wrap up Neymar was literally better than Dinho whilst in Brazil, arguably better for Barcelona, definitely better at PSG and more consistent for the Seleção. A more complete player.

But if you prefer a guy with a head band, goofy smile, looking cool doing a few elasticos, then you do you.

If you really think his career at PSG has been a hit, what can I really tell you? Absolutely ridiculous amounts of copium huffing.

I have higher standards for what footballing greatness actually is, shame you don't.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
If you really think his career at PSG has been a hit, what can I really tell you? Absolutely ridiculous amounts of copium huffing.

I have higher standards for what footballing greatness actually is, shame you don't.

He’s performed consistently well at PSG, scored and created a lot of goals. There’s been a lot of magical moments. Just check the video I referenced earlier in the thread. They haven’t managed to win the big one but you always need a bit of luck with that. They lost a final to a prime Bayern and he’s been hampered by injuries at the latter stages of the competition on more than one occasion.

Put it this way he’s been a lot more successful at PSG than Dinho ever was, who was usually too busy partying in the Parisian nightclubs and bangin French sluts.

El Duderino

Put it this way he’s been a lot more successful at PSG than Dinho ever was, who was usually too busy partying in the Parisian nightclubs and bangin French sluts.

That's quite literally Neymar :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The expectations on Dinho when he went to PSG and when Neymar did were *wildly* diferent, but you know that full well.

But hey, ff you just want to do your schtick where you go on a contrarian spree, be my guest, I guess.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
You crazy as hell if you think Dinho himself is in the “GOAT” tier.

There are only 4 players players in that discussion.

Messi
Maradona
Pele
And begrudgingly CR7.

Dinho isn’t even in the top 5 Zilians of all time.
In 10 years hardly anyone will be talking about Neymar. Unless it's the definition of entitledness, petulance, wasted potential.

Ronaldinho will still be mentioned on shortlists with the GOATS as a 'what if', because his peak was up there with the greatest to ever do it.

It was short lived, not because he wasn't good enough, but because the man chose to enjoy (night)life, rather than sacrifice everything for his career.

Good thing there's no poll for this thread as it could have been embarrassing.

Sulosky

This thread..

7JyaYw.gif

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Might close this thread. Shouldn't even be a contest if you're old enough to have seen both play.

Ronaldinho's peak and acomplishments make short work of anything Neymar got in his career.

It's baffling there's even a debate to be had here and I'm one of the people who usually rates modern talent above older ones :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom