• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ronaldinho vs Neymar

Who was better?

• Total voters

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Ronaldinho is football incarnate.

Neymar is good, but Dinho was such a joy to watch.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
The most one-sided debate ever.

Ronaldinho was a phenomenon, brought so much joy to football neutrals and is one of the football icons, such a fantastic player. He won all the possible prizes while leading Brazil and Barca teams to glory.

Neymar, while reaching the heights on the big stage during the MSN era, he was never able to lead his teams or nation to glory. And he will be also remembered by his diving and primadonna character in Barca and PSG.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I don't think any footballer ever peaked to the heights that Ronaldinho did. It may have been only a short period compared to the other goats, but that brief moment set the world alight.

The whole world fell in love with football when this guy touched a ball.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
I respect all your opinions of course, but honestly with all due respect I’m shocked at how clueless some of y’all are.

Neymar is a far far more complete footballer than Ronaldinho was. People are just blinded by nostalgia again.

Beats him on efficiency.
Beats him on productivity ie goals+assists
Beats him on trophy hall.
Beats him on longevity.
And doing it in an era where it’s much harder for flair players to shine.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
The most one-sided debate ever.

Ronaldinho was a phenomenon, brought so much joy to football neutrals and is one of the football icons, such a fantastic player. He won all the possible prizes while leading Brazil and Barca teams to glory.

Neymar, while reaching the heights on the big stage during the MSN era, he was never able to lead his teams or nation to glory. And he will be also remembered by his diving and primadonna character in Barca and PSG.

For Ronaldinho it helped playing with the likes of Lucio, Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Rivaldo, Romario, R9 etc.

Meanwhile Neymar was being supported by Paulinho, Fred, Richarlison, and the Hulk,

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Neymar has never been the best player in the world either.
He definitely was for like 3-6 months around 2016 when Messi was injured, was on a different level to everyone. Some of his years at PSG he's been up there as well.

Ronaldinho wouldnt ever have been the best in the world if he played in Messis era either tbf. His peak was higher but Neymar been doing it for far longer, not that outrageous the comparison

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
He definitely was for like 3-6 months around 2016 when Messi was injured, was on a different level to everyone. Some of his years at PSG he's been up there as well.

Ronaldinho wouldnt ever have been the best in the world if he played in Messis era either tbf. His peak was higher but Neymar been doing it for far longer, not that outrageous the comparison

Yeah but I'm not that impressed when someone is the best player just because someone better is out injured.

Neymar is WC but I just can't put him close to Ronaldinho quality wise. Neymar is a bottler too tbh particularly for Brazil.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Yeah but I'm not that impressed when someone is the best player just because someone better is out injured.

Neymar is WC but I just can't put him close to Ronaldinho quality wise. Neymar is a bottler too tbh particularly for Brazil.
Neymar stepped up massively that season Messi was injured. Again he can't help when he was born, Ronaldinho isn't on Messis level either.

He's not a bottler that's complete nonsense. At 22 he already carried Brazil as soon as he literally had his spine broken they got violated by Germany.

Scored in every KO game of their treble winning season etc think a lot of his criticisms are lazy repetition of what dumb British pundits say who hate him for never playing in England.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Rivaldo was better than Ronaldinho. Ronaldinho had the fancy touches and the most attractive style, but Rivaldo was literally World Class in World Cup's and Copa América's and his Barcelona period was full of efficiency as well, ofc Rivaldo was the best entire La Liga player playing for Deportivo in 1997 too. Not sure why Ronaldinho is rated higher than Rivaldo, maybe charisma.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Neymar clearly had a better career. Reckon Ronaldinho at his absolute best was better than Neymar but not by much.

Difficult for me to separate Ronaldinho's footballing ability from just how incredible he was to watch. I'd take Ronaldinho over even Messi every day of the week from a pure entertainment aspect, the guy felt almost unreal, like someone just having fun and messing about but at the same time somehow dominating a professional sport as well.

I think Ronaldinho might be the most talented footballer ever, but there's also an argument to be made that he didn't get enough out of his career because of his vices off the pitch.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Ronaldinho falls short of all time great because he didn't sustain himself long enough. Neymar stayed around long enough to show that he also falls short of all time great.

I much prefer Ronaldinho. In fact this is a good unbiased way to show why so many like or dislike players, Özil springs to mind (if all the stats listed above highlight Neymar may be better). Football is so much more than stats. It's perception, it's joy. Neymar comes across as a sister shagging wee ****. Ronaldinho is joyful, happy and comes across very likeable. Maybe that's why I prefer him and if we're saying all things are equal give me the person I feel I'd like more.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom