• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ronaldinho vs Neymar

Who was better?

• Total voters

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

Player:White
Problem of Neymar is because of his prime was in PSG not in Barcelona, Neymar's performance between 2017-18 and 2019-20 are higher than Ronaldinho's one with Barcelona, I would say Henry performances with Arsenal are also higher in the current basis than Ronaldinho's one, between 2002 and 2006 there. Context and teams matters, thats why playing for Real and Barcelona is so important for players, another level of exposure.

Neymar played for Barcelona too, but he was in different role, more of a secundary one to Messi and Suarez.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Ronaldinho is one of the most important footballers in history. He's almost single handedly responsible for making freestyle football and futsal widely popular around the world. His Nike commercial where he's trying on his new Tiempos and playing the ball to himself off the crossbar is the first Youtube video to hit a million views. Neymar is a good player, Dinho is a cultural icon.

The transfer to Barca is one of the most important transfers in football history. You had a Barca club in such dire straits that they were nearly relegated and the director had people vandalizing his house. Dinho came in an single handedly resurrected them, as we all know unfortunately won a CL and paved the way for Pep, Xavi, Iniesta and Messi's careers by keeping Barca in La Liga and thriving. The last 15-20 years of football could have been totally different without him.

Say what you want about the duration of his peak, it was more important than anything Neymar has ever managed or will ever manage and it's not as if Neymar himself has been pulling up trees in terms of his contributions to football the last few years either. Dinho is clear in every way imaginable for me. He's at a totally different table to Neymar.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

This is a pretty subjective question. Going purely on peak footballing ability, Ronaldinho is quite possibly the GOAT.

All the other factors depend on things like trophy counts, team mates etc. You can end up in the trap whereby someone claims Phil Neville was better than Tony Adam’s because he won the CL etc. Nonsense.

Anyone who is claiming that neymar is better than dinho on a technical level, get in the bin honestly.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Ronaldinho is one of the most important footballers in history. He's almost single handedly responsible for making freestyle football and futsal widely popular around the world. His Nike commercial where he's trying on his new Tiempos and playing the ball to himself off the crossbar is the first Youtube video to hit a million views. Neymar is a good player, Dinho is a cultural icon.
:applause:
Very well said, almost worthy of inclusion in the A-M Classics sidebar widget.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
At his peak Ronaldinho was the better player for me. He was mesmerising. He's got everything on his CV as well, loved the fact he nabbed a Copa Libertadores towards the end.

I think I'd have to say the three R's of Brazil are my personal favourite players I've been lucky enough to have witnessed outwith my favourite Arsenal players over the years.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Ability wise it's probably pretty close, Ronaldinho would still edge it for me.

But it's pretty open and shut when you factor in likeability of the two players.

Ronnie just wanted to be awesome in his sport and then go home and party, he's like Kenny Powers from Eastbound and Down (minus being a massive asshole!) he's kinda who we all wanted to be when we grew up.

He literally went to prison, but just ended up playing football with the guards...you couldn't write that :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Just looked it up.

When old man Ronaldinho won his South American Champions League, he had an even older Gilberto Silva in the same team too...

RR14_Photo_030.jpg

...glad my boys had one last major title in them at that age...

michael-scott-happy-cry.gif

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
If I try real hard I can think of one maybe two Neymar moments. Whether it's pure brilliance in a moment on the ball, or being a demon possessed deciding a game.

Ronaldinho though...

Messi.
R9.
CR7.
Zidane.

Ronaldinho belongs in the list above. Longevity wise he concedes v the others. But peak era he's 100% in that conversation.

Neymar is a great player, but for me he's in the Suarez tier. World class, but not anywhere near GOAT.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
???????????????????????????????????????

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Your tagline has never been more appropriate than in response to this thread 😂

Edit: You can have gifs as your avatar? Since when?

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I get your confusion, but it's too early for Martinelli v Ronaldinho conversation.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
If I try real hard I can think of one maybe two Neymar moments. Whether it's pure brilliance in a moment on the ball, or being a demon possessed deciding a game.

Ronaldinho though...

Messi.
R9.
CR7.
Zidane.

Ronaldinho belongs in the list above. Longevity wise he concedes v the others. But peak era he's 100% in that conversation.

Neymar is a great player, but for me he's in the Suarez tier. World class, but not anywhere near GOAT.
I like the way Zlatan described R9 and I think it fits Dinho and everyone you listed above. I'm paraphrasing but basically he said that some players play football but there are truly special players who are football. Every time I watch a match, play FIFA or kick the ball myself, I think of R9 because he's my GOAT and he is football for me. I didn't love football until I saw him with the ball for the first time. Maybe for some youngsters Neymar is that but for me, I agree he's not in that tier.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
@El Duderino is confused why Hulk of 2014 is not included in this debate 🤔

littleboysilva

Dinho obviously has a way better legacy with the World Cup and Balon D’Or but I think neymar is one of the most under appreciated players of all time and I will stand by that. Over the course of both of their careers Neymar was more consistent for a longer time and statistically it’s not even close. Ultimately I think Neymar was unlucky being born in the same era as Messi and Ronaldo.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
He definitely was for like 3-6 months around 2016 when Messi was injured, was on a different level to everyone. Some of his years at PSG he's been up there as well.

Ronaldinho wouldnt ever have been the best in the world if he played in Messis era either tbf. His peak was higher but Neymar been doing it for far longer, not that outrageous the comparison

Trust me these guys are just blinded by nostalgia. If you evaluate them objectively, Neymar is clearly the more complete player. I’d even argue he’s the better natural talent.

What he does on a pitch in the current era is astonishing. Makes it look easy.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Yeah but I'm not that impressed when someone is the best player just because someone better is out injured.

Neymar is WC but I just can't put him close to Ronaldinho quality wise. Neymar is a bottler too tbh particularly for Brazil.

Ronaldinho played with much better players for the national team.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Ronaldinho falls short of all time great because he didn't sustain himself long enough. Neymar stayed around long enough to show that he also falls short of all time great.

I much prefer Ronaldinho. In fact this is a good unbiased way to show why so many like or dislike players, Özil springs to mind (if all the stats listed above highlight Neymar may be better). Football is so much more than stats. It's perception, it's joy. Neymar comes across as a sister shagging wee ****. Ronaldinho is joyful, happy and comes across very likeable. Maybe that's why I prefer him and if we're saying all things are equal give me the person I feel I'd like more.

“YoU sHoUlDnE’t JuDgE pLaYeRs On sTaTs. JuSt ChEcK oUt RoNaLdInHo’S lOvElY cHeEkY sMiLe!”

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill

The transfer to Barca is one of the most important transfers in football history. You had a Barca club in such dire straits that they were nearly relegated and the director had people vandalizing his house. Dinho came in an single handedly resurrected them, as we all know unfortunately won a CL and paved the way for Pep, Xavi, Iniesta and Messi's careers by keeping Barca in La Liga and thriving. The last 15-20 years of football could have been totally different without him.

Say what you want about the duration of his peak, it was more important than anything Neymar has ever managed or will ever manage and it's not as if Neymar himself has been pulling up trees in terms of his contributions to football the last few years either. Dinho is clear in every way imaginable for me. He's at a totally different table to Neymar.

LOL

Can’t believe what I just read.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom