• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Arsenal 0 - 2 West Ham | Thursday 28th December| KO: 20:15 GMT | Prime Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Arsenal-West-Ham.jpg

Screenshot-20231223-223058.png

Screenshot-20231223-223116.png

Screenshot-20231223-223130.png

Screenshot-20231223-223159.png

Screenshot-20231223-223216.png

Screenshot-20231223-223234.png

Screenshot-20231223-223306.png

lineup-1.png

Prediction

Arsenal 3-0 West Ham

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

The VAR were so dirty on us this morning again, their 1st goal the ball was clearly out of play again & GJ should have had a penalty in that 2nd half when we were still in the game. In saying that, our finishing was laughable by us unfortunately. With that much possession we should have scored. Mind you, they were clearly too scared to defend with a highline against us, if they defended like Liverpool did (further up) the game would have been completely different.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

@albakos it still says matchday

We ****ed up, West Ham defended well, and JWP set piece sealed their point. that's all to it.
At least Raya stopped it from getting embarrassing, I guess
Thats exactly what I thought after that good penalty save by Raya haha. A "2-0" scoreline is a big difference to a "3-0" score if we think about it. Would have been disappointing for Rice too, a few WH players looked a tad dirty at him a few times I thought too.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
tNXSSvm.png

Again, no one is asking him to dominate, but we set up with zero ambition despite showing ambition behind the scenes, as you can see above.

We basically try to let teams beat themselves by sitting back and then jumping on mistakes.

Mourinho pretty much won titles that way & Conte was similar at Sp**s.

I think Moyes has done a top job but get it's not the 'West Ham Way' & you would much sooner play like Brighton.

MA08

Some observations from the game
We missed Havertz

For the first goal it was extreme bad luck. Zinchenko was positioned perfectly and unfortunately that caused the rebound.
We should not have taken off Zinchenko. Once he was taken off we failed to build play thru the left hand side
Trossard is struggling. He lacks strength and pace and is not suited deeper. He can be a back second striker.
We are building play slowly. Which ensures better control but less likely to lead to clear cut chances. Chances with good xG. This is more of a problem when we go down.
We need to start winning games and go on a run. We have struggled to do that so far

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
We were ****ing embarrassing. I'm absolutely disgusted by how **** our attack is.

Fight for third unless we stop ****ing around in the market and bring two men in. One WF and one CF.

Replace the Ukrainian clown too.

MikeVinna

Established Member
In hindsight we may have been better off with Trossard/Nelson LW and Jorginho/ESR in midfield. Because Gabi and Trossard really were terrible.

HighburyHigh

Jesus is just mediocre in my opinion. Not bad but not great either.
We need a clinical striker 25 goals man. I would have took a punt on Toney but his ban has put paid to that.
I posted this May 25th end of last season. Seems I was correct. Might play the lottery later...

baccy_man

Established Member
We have got into a routine of passing the ball around at a slow pace and when we get to the penalty area we start passing the ball around to other players instead of taking shots on, The ball either gets passed out to Saka, or Martinelli, for them to play the ball in but we rarely have anyone to put the ball away,
I'm not sure what roll Jesus, is supposed to be playing is he a attacking midfielder or is he a striker because he seems to be more involved in setting up chances than putting them away,
We desperately need a striker that is going to take shots on goal we create so many chances but just keep passing the ball around.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We had a 2.68 xG mate.... :lol:
If you have a 2.68xG with 30 shots, it shows how poor your chances were. An xG can be 1 with only 1 shot if it's a tap in on the goal line. A higher xG doesn't mean you played well. Their xG was 1.5 with only 6 shots, so they carved out much better chances. They defended better and attacked better. All our great work had no end product at either end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Latest posts

Top Bottom