• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Fulham 2 - 1 Arsenal | Sunday 31st December | KO: 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPORT-PREVIEW-Fulham-v-Arsenal.jpg

Screenshot-20231229-090807.png

Screenshot-20231229-090830.png

Screenshot-20231229-090851.png

Screenshot-20231229-090933.png

Screenshot-20231229-091001.png

Screenshot-20231229-091033.png

Screenshot-20231229-091053.png

lineup.png

Prediction

Fulham 1-2 Arsenal

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
And to Jorgi's credit he played at Newcastle as well, and done well.

Still think he would have been a target in this game though. Look how they bullied Ødegaard for example, guy couldnt combine properly in midfield.

That was their strategy. Try and kick the **** out of us and use those turnovers to attack us.
clearly, that's the job for the other 2 to back Ødegaard up.
Ideally we have Partey who has the physical and the passing range. Rice can fill the physical aspect, but not the passing range.
I mean, Fulham isn't exactly creating a new tactic.... that's a common thing

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
110m Denilson passing wise. Does win the ball back at high level tho. My form would dip too if ur cam is scared to get fouled.
Ødegaard not coming deep to collect the ball and relying on Rice for buildup was a hinderance to us today as well. That has been helping a bit because once he makes the initial pass in the build up phase, the next time he receives the ball, he's moving forward which makes it more difficult to bully him off of it. Today he was getting the ball with his back to goal going towards our half of the pitch and predictably being incapable of dealing with the challenges coming through the back.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Does a new striker even help us? They are working with minimal chances. Look at how many chances Haaland, Nunez, Richarlison get to squander. With us, it’s miss one and that’s all you are getting from the game. Arteta will then come out and talk about being clinical and better in both boxes.

The problem is the style of play, we let teams get settled, there is no movement, no combinations no variety to unsettle the blocks we come up against. A natural attacking full back would help. A striker would help. A natural no.8 would help. One alone will not solve anything, it’ll likely just be more wasted funds.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Does a new striker even help us? They are working with minimal chances. Look at how many chances Haaland, Nunez, Richarlison get to squander. With us, it’s miss one and that’s all you are getting from the game. Arteta will then come out and talk about being clinical and better in both boxes.

The problem is the style of play, we let teams get settled, there is no movement, no combinations no variety to unsettle the blocks we come up against. A natural attacking full back would help. A striker would help. A natural no.8 would help. One alone will not solve anything, it’ll likely just be more wasted funds.

I don’t think it’s a striker that helps, we need our form to get better within the front 3 and I think we need to get rid of Havertz.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

Been saying this for weeks now but we need more players like ESR in the side. Guys who can pass and move, drive with the ball, who don't just play the safest pass available

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

Yes and no. Obviously someone like Osimhen is better at finishing and particularly getting onto crosses (ironically) than Jesus. The issue is that our buildup play is stupid and lets the opponent put players behind the ball. Instead of looking to spring Martinelli or Saka down the wing and get the ball out wide quickly, we dither on the ball in the middle and then have them wide but with their backs to goal so there's never any vertical movement to punish the opponent.

You know as soon as Saka in particular gets the ball with his back facing goal just past the halfway line, the only place it's going is backwards or maybe to White for an overlap but there's no corresponding movement from teammates to stretch the defense and attack the space vacated by the fullback stepping up. Until that is solved, we will continue to struggle. The few times this season we've actually stopped f*cking around and looked to run out in transition we've scored, including the goal today.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Arteta shouldn't be allowed to buy this window, imo.

£50 million combined on Raya and Ramsdale, gave Eddie/ESR/Nelson new big deals then just wants to discard them, Fabio for good money has flopped, one of Tomi and Ben is always dropped despite him buying them, paying Auba to leave, the William disaster...etc.

He literally can't be allowed to keep spending like this without getting trophies in first, imo.

We have no chance at the league so no point flushing more money away, but this squad is good enough to win the cup and Arteta needs to prove that he CAN win before getting more funds.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I don’t think it’s a striker that helps, we need our form to get better within the front 3 and I think we need to get rid of Havertz.
I find it hard to blame Saka or Martinelli tbh. When they get the ball, they have to do so much, nobody is offering overlaps or dragging defenders away, its just upto them to make something happen.

The fact Arteta said he bought Tomi on to get an extra body in the middle concerns me, its like he's not seeing it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Buying striker might help but also we lacking fluidity in our attack G.jesus even not doing the things he was used to do last season.

Diesel

Established Member
We need to reassess the fullbacks in summer the club and Arteta need to stop these center backs as full back not only leaving us limited offensively but also when they off form like they been lately it make us worse.

Whites trash too. Especially for RB

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
We need to reassess the fullbacks in summer the club and Arteta need to stop these center backs as full back not only leaving us limited offensively but also when they off form like they been lately it make us worse.

Saliba coming back pushed White to the RB position. And he isn't a RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom