• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Declan Rice: Cooking Again

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He's not a midfielder like Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas so doesn't suit possession system
We have the 3rd highest possession in the league that we're presently top of. Wtf are you on about? If you don't think our system is a possession based system then you should stop pretending to understand anything about football. If you don't understand that the way you gain and regain possession is by having top class ball winners like Rice then you should stop pretending to understand football.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
We have the 3rd highest possession in the league that we're presently top of. Wtf are you on about? If you don't think our system is a possession based system then you should stop pretending to understand anything about football. If you don't understand that the way you gain and regain possession is by having top class ball winners like Rice then you should stop pretending to understand football.

Not to mention Guardiola - THE poster boy for possession based football who literally managed the three players he mentioned - wanted Rice to replace Gundogan.

You won't convince him though, he's been banging this "bad for possession football" drum for months now, completely disregarding the other aspects of a system like the ones you mentioned.

If the linesman counts as a player then sure, that’s an accurate pass.

It reminds me of when I play darts or pool and when I come out of the bathroom after a few keyes I just throw the dart without even aiming or thinking. Once hit my brother who stood like 2 m away from the board. In pool either the ball hits some beer glass or I get 3 down.

The point is. Partey must have been partying.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

I think what he's alluding to is that Rice isn't the best at passing between the lines right now. He's much better with Jorginho taking up that responsibility. Rice may get better at this but I hope we're very mindful that we need a deep lying playmaker with our next midfield purchase to balance that.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

You're not seriously criticising him for this are you? Clearly kicking it out of play so we could reset rather take an unnecessary risk and lose the ball thus starting a counter in the 95th minute.

Ok mate 🙄 that was really an attempt to kick, I mean pass the ball out of play lol

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I think what he's alluding to is that Rice isn't the best at passing between the lines right now. He's much better with Jorginho taking up that responsibility. Rice may get better at this but I hope we're very mindful that we need a deep lying playmaker with our next midfield purchase to balance that.
What he said was that he can't play in a possession system which is incredibly silly given how he's thriving in this possession system.

What he said was that he can't play in a possession system which is incredibly silly given how he's thriving in this possession system.

As I said in Kai thread. People are itching in their brain over us playing that kind of football with Deccy and Kai zero technical security of legends in the game Xavi and Iniesta.

By the way the football Prime Barcelona played was sick, elite. But it was boring, and they in many big games only scored one goal with 500 passes between defenders and midfielders.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I know Rodri has built up a lot of stock, but I've seen him get slutted about for 90 minutes against Liverpool. We don't praise Rice's ability to stay on his feet when out of possession. There were several times when Liverpool broke through City's midfield because Rodri was on his knees like a slapper outside Soho.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
I know Rodri has built up a lot of stock, but I've seen him get slutted about for 90 minutes against Liverpool. We don't praise Rice's ability to stay on his feet when out of possession. There were several times when Liverpool broke through City's midfield because Rodri was on his knees like a slapper outside Soho.
Plodri's whole stock is built up on being immune to getting booked & scoring fluke deflected goals

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Plodri's whole stock is built up on being immune to getting booked & scoring fluke deflected goals
Nah, he's a top player, but I dislike how his reputation has exceeded his quality. I attribute that to him being a City player under Pep. It's the same reason why people were calling Doku the best winger in the league after a few games. Back to Rodri, I saw a tweet saying Rodri was better than Busquets. He's not even better than Prime Casemiro. Unsurprisingly, without the City structure behind him, Rodri has done very little on the international stage.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Nah, he's a top player, but I dislike how his reputation has exceeded his quality. I attribute that to him being a City player under Pep. It's the same reason why people were calling Doku the best winger in the league after a few games. Back to Rodri, I saw a tweet saying Rodri is better than Busquets. He's not even better than Prime Casemiro. Unsurprisingly, without the City structure behind him, Rodri has done very little on the international stage.
Not saying he is crap or anything but people overrating him is based on those things. There have been much better players in his position as you said with much less fanfare

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom