• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Declan Rice: Cooking Again

GoonerJay24

We have the 3rd highest possession in the league that we're presently top of. Wtf are you on about? If you don't think our system is a possession based system then you should stop pretending to understand anything about football. If you don't understand that the way you gain and regain possession is by having top class ball winners like Rice then you should stop pretending to understand football.

Mate, firstly, you don't have more footballing knowlege than me, so just stop. Furthermore, no need for that. Why can't some people on this forum keep discussions civil? Having different opinions is fine; childish insults aren't necessary. It's only a sport.

Regarding your possession stat comments, simply having the ball doesn't always mean playing effective possession-based football. Van Gaal's Man Utd team, for example, often monopolized possession without being effective. Playing styles are largely dictated by player profiles, in my opinion.

Rice's clearly an excellent ball-winner and crucial for gaining possession. However, his playing style doesn't necessarily align with the technical qualities of players like Kroos, Rodri, Carrick, or Busquets. When played as an 8, these weaknesses are magnified even more and especially against stronger teams with a low block. This isn't to say he's a bad player, but intricate passing and playmaking in possession-based systems don't bring out his best qualities. His strengths lie more in defensive abilities and off-the-ball work.

Respect your points, footballs a simple game, but there are complexities and thus various interpretations. Just try to act like an adult and keep the chat to football.

Mate, firstly, you don't have more footballing knowlege than me, so just stop. Furthermore, no need for that. Why can't some people on this forum keep discussions civil? Having different opinions is fine; childish insults aren't necessary. It's only a sport.

Regarding your possession stat comments, simply having the ball doesn't always mean playing effective possession-based football. Van Gaal's Man Utd team, for example, often monopolized possession without being effective. Playing styles are largely dictated by player profiles, in my opinion.

Rice's clearly an excellent ball-winner and crucial for gaining possession. However, his playing style doesn't necessarily align with the technical qualities of players like Kroos, Rodri, Carrick, or Busquets. When played as an 8, these weaknesses are magnified even more and especially against stronger teams with a low block. This isn't to say he's a bad player, but intricate passing and playmaking in possession-based systems don't bring out his best qualities. His strengths lie more in defensive abilities and off-the-ball work.

Respect your points, footballs a simple game, but there are complexities and thus various interpretations. Just try to act like an adult and keep the chat to football.

Damn just read the first few paragraphs and then looked at the likes/posts ratio. @Batman who is this?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Damn just read the first few paragraphs and then looked at the likes/posts ratio. @Batman who is this?
A bloke with zero ball knowledge and a terrible ratio. It's weird how the only thing I criticized was his understanding of football and he's accused me of not keeping it to football. Man really said having possession doesn't always mean playing effective possession- based football when the team in question is the best team in the league with the best defense and best scoring record meaning that definitionally the possession is effective. Yikes.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
As I said in Kai thread. People are itching in their brain over us playing that kind of football with Deccy and Kai zero technical security of legends in the game Xavi and Iniesta.

By the way the football Prime Barcelona played was sick, elite. But it was boring, and they in many big games only scored one goal with 500 passes between defenders and midfielders.
Never felt it was boring. But everyone has different tastes. I could watch Iniesta, Messi, Xavi, Busquets play all day everyday without getting bored.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Probably an unpopular opinion but if we win the league Ødegaard should get it. He is the heart of the team. Its close but for me he edges over Saka/Rice/Saliba/Gabriel
I can understand you rationale but the issue is that Ode had that dip where he was poor for a few weeks and missed some matches as well. Rice has played more and been more consistent plus he's English. That will see him edge it even though it's close.

Never felt it was boring. But everyone has different tastes. I could watch Iniesta, Messi, Xavi, Busquets play all day everyday without getting bored.

It was positional masterclass and for football pervertz a ectasy. But for neutral honest people and Barca haters boring imo. Nobody wants to see Barcelona defense and midfild pass 500 passes between them for one goal.

A bloke with zero ball knowledge and a terrible ratio. It's weird how the only thing I criticized was his understanding of football and he's accused me of not keeping it to football. Man really said having possession doesn't always mean playing effective possession- based football when the team in question is the best team in the league with the best defense and best scoring record meaning that definitionally the possession is effective. Yikes.

People also downplaying Rice because he aint Xavi or Iniesta. Rice is good enough. Very rare he gets caught or fails at beating pressing. And has that extra ability to explode half the field with the ball if he gets the chance.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Just needs to add the long ball to his game. Given his great dead ball skills, I'm sure this is something he will develop. Seems like a grafter.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Probably got to give some credit to the coaching staff here.

Early season he seemed to be crying out to just play the defensive role in interviews.

I was confused the first few times he started taking corners, seemed like someone you'd want in the box. Quickly put that to bed.

Probably got to give some credit to the coaching staff here.

Early season he seemed to be crying out to just play the defensive role in interviews.

I was confused the first few times he started taking corners, seemed like someone you'd want in the box. Quickly put that to bed.

He is also outside of the box when corner is taken from the other side.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Just needs to add the long ball to his game. Given his great dead ball skills, I'm sure this is something he will develop. Seems like a grafter.

He already has that in his game, there was a video doing the rounds of all the 40 yard passes he made at West Ham and it went on for ages.

CannonBals

I can understand you rationale but the issue is that Ode had that dip where he was poor for a few weeks and missed some matches as well. Rice has played more and been more consistent plus he's English. That will see him edge it even though it's close.

Yes that dip that he had coincided with the dip of the team as a whole, no coincidences there.
If he clicks the team clicks otherwise it doesn't. Rice does not have that same effect. But yes I understand the 100m+ move and being English would play a large part.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
If he can get to double digits goals and we win the league, he has a real shot at Player of the Year.

I think however it will be which ever player from top 3 teams that helps their team to finish line at the Summit.

Let's see. This year, no one has had world class level season unless we talk about our defense who have been very consistent.

Saliba and Gabriel together are 1a and 1b. So complementary.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom