• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kylian Mbappé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

The only way we could get him is if Mbappe pushes for the move big time, even then we'd be looking at coughing up 80-90M

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd stay at Monaco if I were him, but that's partly due to being in love with their training ground.

Seems like he comes from a good family though and is very grounded. I doubt he'll go to whoever offers the highest wages.

I think the release clause is also probably a lot less then the figures that have been thrown about.

Malky

Established Member
He is not pushing for a move. Wenger will make contact with Monaco and be told Mbappe isn't for sale, that will be that.

This kid will stay for another season, make the France WC squad, star in the 2018 WC and then join Real or Barcelona for 120M.
Basically how I see it playing out.
He also seems like a smart kid and I can't see him jeopardizing his place in a France WC team stacked with attacking talent by trying to adapt to a new club, Country and League. Right now Mbappe, along with Griezmann, are the main strike force for France.
Like you said, he'll stay for another year, tear it up at the World Cup and Barca or Madrid will move heaven and earth to sign him.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Rashford's suffered under Mourinho to be fair. I'd happily take him as our CF.

Wenger inquire for him last summer similar to what he did about Martial. Only United came later in the summer and offered them money they couldn't refuse.

That is the difference. We need to be very careful in transfer window. Would have loved for us to offer 50 million last summer and have potential world record fee player in our hand this season.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The only u21 at the similar level is probably Jesus.

Would love Rashford or Martial at Arsenal but neither are putting up close to the production or have that unique quality.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
What does M'BAPPE have that Henry didn't develop exactly?
He looks far more natural with his feet and doesn't beat a man using only raw pace; He has better close control dribbling already imo. But thats where he's a total natural, and that wont get much better, if any better at all. Henry wasn't a natural dribbler in that mode.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
He looks far more natural with his feet and doesn't beat a man using only raw pace; He has better close control dribbling already imo. But thats where he's a total natural, and that wont get much better, if any better at all. Henry wasn't a natural dribbler in that mode.
He has got dancer's feet RVP like. Such ease. Pure class.

Tbf to Henry. Mbappé grew up with youtube videos where he could learn tricks that had still to be invented when Henry was young.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'm really confused by this. There is absolutely no way that Mbappe has superior dribbling now to a peak Henry. His touch is no where near his level and probably never will be. Henry dribbled constantly beating multiple defenders and beating the same one 2 or 3 times because he simply could. Henry barely lost the ball when carrying the ball forwards. Like Pires said recently. It is unfair to compare Mbappe to Henry. Henry was so underrated for the amount of skill he actually had.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I'm really confused by this. There is absolutely no way that Mbappe has superior dribbling now to a peak Henry. His touch is no where near his level and probably never will be. Henry dribbled constantly beating multiple defenders and beating the same one 2 or 3 times because he simply could. Henry barely lost the ball when carrying the ball forwards. Like Pires said recently. It is unfair to compare Mbappe to Henry. Henry was so underrated for the amount of skill he actually had.
Henry was skillful of that there is no doubt but if you compare that vid with the Mbappe one near the top of this page, Mbappe looks more at ease and more natural with variety in how he manipulates the ball. And that comp of Henry is a collection over a long period of time while Mbappe seems like he has it all already.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Thierry just got old & ruthless chasing those goals. When Mbappe is a little older with his name, move & money sure he will do less. The best usually do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom