• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kylian Mbappé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Being forced out of his coaching role? Being constantly mocked by fans of the club for his punditry.

Can't see reason for him to be angry. He is not Darth Vader.
Just because you would feel that way, doesn't mean a king would. He sees Arsenal in the state it's in and it pisses him off like it pisses us off.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I'm not sure the footballer of today, young or experienced, is as down on Wenger as you or other Arsenal fans. I suspect his reputation is still considerable amongst players.

Anyway, its the package, Arsenal is a bigger club in a bigger league. Monaco are probably losing a bunch of their starting eleven too.

Monaco is a rich club, they are not a selling club and that's why they will not sell Mbappe without a crazy unreasonable offer, like the one they got for Martial. They have been trying to rebuild themselves after their past troubles and now they are in a good position to finally challenge PSG. Arsenal is a bigger club in a bigger league but if I am a young player like Mbappe Monaco is a great place to develop myself until I am ready.

Just because you would feel that way, doesn't mean a king would. He sees Arsenal in the state it's in and it pisses him off like it pisses us off.

I'm sorry mate but I'm self taught expert on reading humans and how they are feeling. I think I would know if he was just angry and not bitter.

We will have to disagree on this one.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Piers should know better than to refer to Henry as quick and strong, it's lazy and undermines his fantastic technique. We aren't signing Mbappe!

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This will sound crazy, but it would make a lot of sense for Mbappe to come here.

Wenger has many faults, and this season has exposed most of them, but he's still good at developing young players. Also, we desperately need a quality CF.

Giroud isn't good enough. Theo clearly isn't. Welbeck is back to kicking without actually kicking the ball. Alexis has been our best CF, but his lake of height is a big problem.

Mbappe would definitely develop as a player if he moved her. Will he win trophies? Right now, the answer is probably not.

If we can finish the season properly--that means winning the FA Cup (I doubt that we'll make the top four)--then we could be an attractive club for him.

Alexis--Mbappe--Ox would be a great front three.

Mbappe would develop as a player here, and fill a big need for the team. And who wouldn't want to emulate their idol?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Mbappe would come here to develop, not win trophies. Arsenal would be nothing more than stepping stone to Real or Barca.

AVENTUS

Has he got a realise clause in his contract.?

I'm thinking Monaco would get no more then £60mil for him no matter how much they kick their feet.

£100mil talk is pathetic - that will NEVER happen.

Even if we was willing to pay that sort of money I'd rather see somebody like Griezmann or Aubamyeang in all honesty

His only scored 13 league goals we must keep a certain perspective here and not get caught up in the hype.

Lacazette has scored 24 !!

Think about it

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Mbappe is 18, you're paying 100 million for possibly the next 12 up to 15 years.

Believe me whether it's this summer or next, he'll end up the most expensive player in the world. He's 18 and tearing up Ligue 1 and tore apart Man City and Dortmund, he's frightening.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Mbappe is 18, you're paying 100 million for possibly the next 12 up to 15 years.

Believe me whether it's this summer or next, he'll end up the most expensive player in the world. He's 18 and tearing up Ligue 1 and tore apart Man City and Dortmund, he's frightening.
If you're an English club it's the next 3-4 years because if he justifies that initial investment he is going to end up at Real or Barca for even sillier money. If it's Real or Barca this summer then maybe he stays there that long.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If you're an English club it's the next 3-4 years because if he justifies that initial investment he is going to end up at Real or Barca for even sillier money. If it's Real or Barca this summer then maybe he stays there that long.

Depends tho, if City sign him for example they'll not have any reason to sell to Barca or Real.

For us, yes it's completely different, but we're not signing him anyways so it doesn't matter.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Depends tho, if City sign him for example they'll not have any reason to sell to Barca or Real.

For us, yes it's completely different, but we're not signing him anyways so it doesn't matter.
Yeah of course we aren't. But no matter who you are once a player's head is turned it's turned. If United couldn't keep Ronaldo with Fergie at the helm and the ability to match any wage offer I wouldn't bet on City being able to keep Mbappe in a couple of years if the Spanish clubs come calling even with Pep there. If a player wants to go then they're going to go whether you really want them to go or not. Nicer climate, less taxes and bigger club are all pretty tempting for a player.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Mbappe would come here to develop, not win trophies. Arsenal would be nothing more than stepping stone to Real or Barca.

I don't care tbh, in reality every club is a feeder to those ones. I mean there were constant rumours about Henry and Vieira to those two back in the day, even the likes of Bayern are that rung below.

If we got a Ronaldo at Utd type career out of him I'd be delighted. Major silverware, attracting other quality players to play with him then selling him for the GDP of a small country.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We could sign Mbappe provided that he actually wishes to come here over money. Reyes was the last young STAR that we signed and that was over a decade ago. I don't think it's our style. Sell one of Theo or Giroud, plus Campbell, Akpom and Perez. Pay more than Martial money on Mbappe and have a genuinely scary pacey attack that includes 2 pacey forwards with Özil floating.

I've changed tact, last month I'd have preferred a Reus or Lacazette but I want to see brilliance develop at our club.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We can afford him, and that means paying £80m to £100m but the only way he comes here is if he only wants to join us and no other club. City, Chelsea & PSG would all pay more than us, so it will definitely be down to the player. I've read he has a release clause but no price is mentioned. I do expect him to move this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom