• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kylian Mbappé

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Frankly, if we don't get Mbappe this summer it will confirm how far we've fallen. He is exactly the type of player that we should add to our squad this summer. And honestly, most of our squad is so settled that we can afford to go all out for this guy and call it a day.

This summer will see a decent amount of dead weight leaving the club, but the core will stay mostly the same assuming that Özil and Alexis stay.

Ospina, Gibbs, Debuchy, Lucas and Giroud are most likely out the door.

Alexis is the only definite starter in our attack and Mbappe's flexibility could allow him to play on the wing to develop and allow Alexis to play centrally. Regardless of Mbappe's price tag, we'd still have Ox, Iwobi, Welbeck and Theo challenging him to start, so he wouldn't get thrown into the deep end.

Basically, we should go all out for this guy. And being an American, I always like the idea of player swaps. Marseille wants Giroud, so we could either use the Giroud money to partially pay for Mbappe or send Giroud to Monaco if they're interested in him. Replacing Mbappe with a French international who's won Ligue 1 before could make sense for Monaco.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Frankly, if we don't get Mbappe this summer it will confirm how far we've fallen. He is exactly the type of player that we should add to our squad this summer. And honestly, most of our squad is so settled that we can afford to go all out for this guy and call it a day.

This summer will see a decent amount of dead weight leaving the club, but the core will stay mostly the same assuming that Özil and Alexis stay.

Ospina, Gibbs, Debuchy, Lucas and Giroud are most likely out the door.

Alexis is the only definite starter in our attack and Mbappe's flexibility could allow him to play on the wing to develop and allow Alexis to play centrally. Regardless of Mbappe's price tag, we'd still have Ox, Iwobi, Welbeck and Theo challenging him to start, so he wouldn't get thrown into the deep end.

Basically, we should go all out for this guy. And being an American, I always like the idea of player swaps. Marseille wants Giroud, so we could either use the Giroud money to partially pay for Mbappe or send Giroud to Monaco if they're interested in him. Replacing Mbappe with a French international who's won Ligue 1 before could make sense for Monaco.

Man City were linked for 130M two weeks ago. We can't compete with that.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Mbappe is a world class talent but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Henry at 19 was part of the Monaco team along with trezeguet that tore Manchester united apart in the CL 1/4 finals and got to the semi finals similar to now....henry ran them ragged. at 20 he won the world cup with France and was their top scorer in the tournament.

He was signed by juve who were basically the equivalent of Real/Barca now. He was one of the most sought after talents in world football, signed for around £10m which was one of the largest transfer fees at the time Ronaldo signed for £16m to inter which was a world record on a couple of seasons earlier.

This was pre YouTube generation but those who were in to their football knew the talent of henry. Wenger certainly did and broke the bank for him.

Lastly I agree Henry's dribbling relied a lot on his pace, he wasn't quite a natural like robben, messi, di canio or even our jack who can ghost past players. Kylian has some nice tricks but he isnt a world class dribbler or superior to Henry.

The one outstanding thing about him is his footballing intelligence at such a young age along with great technique. That will take him far. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

African Flair

Doubt even City would throw that amount for this kid. Pep wants a new goalie, a completely new set of defenders and at least two quality center mid. That's like a 400M window with Mbappe.

On another thought they probably don't give a ****.

Last edited:

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Henry was skillful of that there is no doubt but if you compare that vid with the Mbappe one near the top of this page, Mbappe looks more at ease and more natural with variety in how he manipulates the ball. And that comp of Henry is a collection over a long period of time while Mbappe seems like he has it all already.

I've looked at the video and I still can't see Mbappe looking more graceful than Henry. We will have to agree to disagree.

YouTube compilations are difficult to agree upon but if you look at their performance in a game where they were considered to have performed well, you get a better picture. Henry at his peak makes Mbappe look like an ordinary player.

Take the Man City game for Mbappe where he had countless opportunities to show his superior dribbling vs a shaky defense. Then look at an Henry vs United side with the likes of Keane in it. The difference in quality with everything they do is so vast. I really believe that people are already starting to forget how good Henry actually was.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We spent 90m last summer and should have a few outgoings this summer also. We can compete for it if we choose to and not accept being the defeatist cuckold you think we are.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
bite yer toungue. RvP didn't need pace.

I'll never get over him. I loved him and he broke my heart.
Was just watching a compilation of his touches and ball control.One of the quickest football minds I've ever seen with a flawless first touch and technique.

Big broken heart here as well. I was similar to how @Erlis is about Xhaka so it kind of tore my heart apart. Thundercvnt.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I've looked at the video and I still can't see Mbappe looking more graceful than Henry. We will have to agree to disagree.

YouTube compilations are difficult to agree upon but if you look at their performance in a game where they were considered to have performed well, you get a better picture. Henry at his peak makes Mbappe look like an ordinary player.

Take the Man City game for Mbappe where he had countless opportunities to show his superior dribbling vs a shaky defense. Then look at an Henry vs United side with the likes of Keane in it. The difference in quality with everything they do is so vast. I really believe that people are already starting to forget how good Henry actually was.

Yes, lets agree to disagree. I really don't see where Henry is making Mbappe look ordinary at all unreal top speed apart.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We spent 90m last summer and should have a few outgoings this summer also. We can compete for it if we choose to and not accept being the defeatist cuckold you think we are.
We need more than one player ffs. We can't save and spunk everything on Mbappe. We need a top CM for example, that's a 40M outlay.

I'm not sure anyone is leaving, Wenger says Sanchez will stay even if he doesn't sign, I think Özil will extend, and Wenger won't let Ox or Ramsey leave, those are his darlings.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
bite yer toungue. RvP didn't need pace.

I'll never get over him. I loved him and he broke my heart.
I know the feel bro,I idolised him....even molded my game after him,now I have a rocket of a left foot but a pansy right foot which I'm trying to correct like he later did....I can never forget that one season when he was in the messi-ronaldo tier

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Was just watching a compilation of his touches and ball control.One of the quickest football minds I've ever seen with a flawless first touch and technique.

Big broken heart here as well. I was similar to how @Erlis is about Xhaka so it kind of tore my heart apart. Thundercvnt.
yeah, its always him and Nasri in that video.

Our results were woeful, but we used to play such beautiful football with those two cvnts in the team.

now we play 3 at the back because we don't score enough.:rolleyes:

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
We need more than one player ffs. We can't save and spunk everything on Mbappe. We need a top CM for example, that's a 40M outlay.

I'm not sure anyone is leaving, Wenger says Sanchez will stay even if he doesn't sign, I think Özil will extend, and Wenger won't let Ox or Ramsey leave, those are his darlings.
Recent performances meric ox's stay regardless of being one of wenger's boys....in case of ramsey,well 2013-2014

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I know the feel bro,I idolised him....even molded my game after him,now I have a rocket of a left foot but a pansy right foot which I'm trying to correct like he later did....I can never forget that one season when he was in the messi-ronaldo tier
good luck :)...

DB10 was declining when I started with AFC so never seen anyone like RvP...His injuries addled his brain methinks...he maybe wanted to win while he was still healthy.

lord he gave me so much joy during those seasons...I'd stay up and watch just to see him play. now no one interest me as much.

Goonerboy_1989

I agree with Gdeep here. Mbappe doesn't solve our crisis in the middle of the park. The way Coquelin and Ramsey have played this season has been beyond diabolical. I will let Xhaka off because he showed moments of brilliance but moments of stupidity BUT it's his first season in the prem, normally takes a season to adjust for a player from a different league. I would say a big strong leadership player in the middle is more needed than Mbappe. Even if we sign Mbappe we would only turn him into a world class striker as we did we Henry and Van Persie then sell him to the likes of Barca, Real or Bayern. Arsenal would only be a kind of stepping stone for Mbappe. Don't get me wrong the kid has got talent but I don't think he is a necessity as much as a CM.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

It may not come down to the highest fee. It may come down to Mbappe's own personal preference, particularly if a release clause is involved. Would he go to City and compete with Jesus, or come here and compete with Giroud? (I would love to have said God but definitely not appropriate)

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I don't disagree that we need extra signings. However if we were to blow our whole budget on Mbappe or another elite striker we could do it.

Allegedly Suarez nearly dragged Liverpool to a league title can you imagine us with a top drawer striker, Alexis and Özil in the same team? Potentially it could mitigate the need for other positions. We've spent big over the last 12 months and reinforced the midfield and defence. Let's see how Xhaka, Elneny, Mustafi and Chambers all do.

For me the priority is a striker. We've neglected it since we lost RVP meanwhile we've reinforced every other position with big money additions. 12m on a goalkeeper, 30m Cb, 35 midfielder, 44m attacking midfielder and 35m wide midfielder. 0 on an out and out striker.

Like I said we can do. There are reasons that we might not such as we may spend elsewhere. But on the money we have to spend we can do it and given how we've mistreated the CF forward position (Chamakh, Giroud, Sanogo) we owe it to the great players that have played there and to the fans who haven't seen a top striker for years to go out and do what it takes. If that is all the eggs in one basket then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom