• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea v Arsenal | August 18, 2018 17:30 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner_girl14

And which one of our players showed some leadership and bottle and done anything about it?

The little prick came on and had the freedom of the park. Waltzing past players like he’s playing over the park. I don’t know about you lot but if that was me in that situation I’d be thinking as soon as that little ferret comes on I’m going to be on him like a ****ing rash.
What he thinks he’s coming to decide the game???! I’m going to bully that little bastard so bad he’s not going to want the ball anywhere near him. Instead you have wankers like Lacazette ****ting themselves and passing him the ball. Not one of our players put in a heavy challenge just to let him know they’re on his arse.

It was a disgrace.
Didn't Mustafi get carded for a tackle from behind on Hazard?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Missed the whole game so will save judgement until I've seen it. Have to say though, I was very pissed off when I saw the line up before we kicked off.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

We were , we scored the most last goals per game one season .

I think the point is more that we aren't as physically strong as our rivals. City brushed us off with ease in challenges and Chelsea did a bit of the same.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Klopp had about 18 months of **** at Liverpool as well. Looked no better than Rogers until last season, and even then if it weren't for their CL run they would have hardly been anything to talk about.
Difference is Klopp has been well backed by the board in the transfer market. The Kronkes, darlings of a significant number of members here, will encourage "prudent" buys which will mean we are not competing against Chelsea but against Burnley, Leicester and Everton (unless Usmanov puts money in there).

blaze_of_glory

Once again I made the mistake at looking at the Gunners subreddit. Xhaka cost us the game and Sokratis was our worst defender apparently.

Jae

Taking Özil off wasn't a silly idea, but sticking Ramsey up top instead was. I just don't see the point in it, Emery saw against City it wasn't very effective and it didn't suit the situation we were in in the game.

He should have moved Mhiktaryan inside and shoved Lacazette on upfront instead.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Taking Özil off wasn't a silly idea, but sticking Ramsey up top instead was. I just don't see the point in it, Emery saw against City it wasn't very effective and it didn't suit the situation we were in in the game.
Özil did almost nothing today so replacing him with anyone made sense.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
It's funny how I'm so accustomed to clown defending that it's water off a duck's back to me now but I have high standards for our attack which is why I feel like I've aged 10 years from those Auba and Mhki misses.
They'll haunt me for a long time. Serious PTSD

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

It's funny how I'm so accustomed to clown defending that it's water off a duck's back to me now but I have high standards for our attack which is why I feel like I've aged 10 years from those Auba and Mhki misses.

I'm honestly not used to that kind of defending , I'm used to inexplicable errors out of nothing , this **** you could see what was going to happen before it happened .

More worried about the fact our possession game is unrecognisable. We conceded 70 percent to Chelsea it's unheard of.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Difference is Klopp has been well backed by the board in the transfer market. The Kronkes, darlings of a significant number of members here, will encourage "prudent" buys which will mean we are not competing against Chelsea but against Burnley, Leicester and Everton (unless Usmanov puts money in there).
That what I'm really worried about a manager without help financially it'll be tough to build the team manager want. Emery will clearly want a defense that can play from the back

el_gibor

Didn't Mustafi get carded for a tackle from behind on Hazard?

Yeah he went for the ball. I’m talking about a “let em know your there”...”welcome to the game” crunching challenge.

We don’t have any warriors, haven’t since the days of Vieira and Gilberto. We’re a soft touch that’s partly why we haven’t got nowhere for a decade.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I find it hard to see many positives from this game. Our big chances came from awful defending from Chelsea. It was absolutely shambolic to allow us to get to the byline with no wingers. We couldn't get to City's byline and we don't vs any team that can actually defend. Really think we need to abandon the 10 and go to a 3 man midfield off Iwobi, Douzi and Torreira. Push Auba left and Laca centre then let Mkhi, Ramsey and Özil fight it out for that right hand playmaker slot.

Reactions: Jae

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

This is what I've noticed as well. We looked physically inferior to both City and Chelsea.

Which takes some doing seeing as we've had most of our team for the entire pre-season.

Nothing less than a complete dismantling of West Ham will mollify me till Emery can go about seeing to the removal of the cumbersome deadwood from the club.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
We're in a really odd spot with those 2 as it's not clear whether we really need either as anything more than squaddies to make up numbers. Neither really offer enough of the traits this system seems to need from midfielders to warrant selecting them. What this system could really do with is someone like Hazard and obviously neither Özil nor Ramsey are remotely in that mould.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I honestly not sure we can blame the defence when the midfield and forwards aren't pressing while and they're playing a line that high . It's like some sadistic training drill .

Was our press this bad vs City too? Playing a high line and giving Chelsea all the time to pick out a pass :lol:

I do not like how we are playing out of the back either, need to get better footballers in defence for that to work..

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Got feeling Emery will make iwobi such good player. The performance today was very decent against one of top RB in the league.

Also special shout to Matteo what a buy the guy put back to back mature performance against world class midfield players.

Jae

I find it hard to see many positives from this game. Our big chances came from awful defending from Chelsea. It was absolutely shambolic to allow us to get to the byline with no wingers. We couldn't get to City's byline and we don't vs any team that can actually defend. Really think we need to abandon the 10 and go to a 3 man midfield off Iwobi, Douzi and Torreira. Push Auba left and Laca centre then let Mkhi, Ramsey and Özil fight it out for that right hand playmaker slot.

This. Think the only players who look like they deserve a place in our team at the minute are Doozy, Iwobi and Torreira.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom