• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Bad positioning again, barely knows what he does when players run at him. Bad reading of the game. Result? Another heavy fire from the opposition.
How does the positioning of the defender stop a chance from happening. Thats the midfielder's job to cut out passing lanes. The defender only comes into play if everything else in front of him has failed. Its a structural issue, we don't offer enough protection to the defence.

kooldawg

Established Member
Two starts and two clean sheets when he hasn’t been paired with Sokratis. Makes you think.
He got a lot of stick while sok could do no wrong. Yes he has individual errors, but he's not as bad as some of the fans here make him out to be.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Mustafi redemption arc back on, I think after seeing Sokratis and David Luiz us fans realised maybe Musti isn't that bad.
I’m terrified to say it but he might actually be better than Sokratis...

He’s definitely the better defender, it’s just the inexplicable brain farts that destroy him. Basically a CB Xhaka.

Kav

Established Member
I say give him a start. The Problem is if you pair him with Luiz, you are increasing the odds of something going wrong with the two of them. On the other hand if you pair him with Socratis, well Papa is going to do something and then Mustafa will be forced to make a split decision and then he'll screw us over.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

He had a good game, if he stops flailing his arms around and complaining when things don't go his way, maybe I could tolerate the f*ck.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

He’s definitely the better defender, it’s just the inexplicable brain farts that destroy him. Basically a CB Xhaka.

I think us fans just completely turned on him, but then we saw Sokratis and Luiz and clocked they didn’t perform any better. No point ostracising him.

Funny thing is Koscielny was accident prone his whole career, gave away a lot of important goals and penalties and was a main stay in many drubbings. But he’s considered legendary by a lot of Arsenal fans.

Manberg

Predator

Swings and roundabouts. When he does poorly again you’ll be wanting Sokratis back.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I think us fans just completely turned on him, but then we saw Sokratis and Luiz and clocked they didn’t perform any better. No point ostracising him.

Funny thing is Koscielny was accident prone his whole career, gave away a lot of important goals and penalties and was a main stay in many drubbings. But he’s considered legendary by a lot of Arsenal fans.

Koscielny is no more accident prone than someone like Kolo Toure....... heck even someone like Nemanja Vidić.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Swings and roundabouts. When he does poorly again you’ll be wanting Sokratis back.

Now that Holding is back and Chambers is knocking on the door I suspect Sokratis and Mustafi will be fighting to see who becomes 4th choice. And Mustafi will probably win that fight.

BigPoppaPump

Koscielny is no more accident prone than someone like Kolo Toure....... heck even someone like Nemanja Vidić.

Koscielny would make multiple mistakes every game and get bullied by strikers all the time. He’s nowhere near Vidic’s level and I definitely rate Kolo higher.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Musti might just get a proper page 1 picture if he gets his chance against better opposition and keeps this form up.

My boy Mustafi , finally going to claim his glory .

Was that ever a question? He is Emerys favorite like I have always said.

Emery just used the opportunity in the summer to win over the fans pretending he hated Mustafi. Behind the doors I think its obvious Mustafi was told he would get his chance to prove him self again.

I love when I'm correct about these things!

BigPoppaPump

Was that ever a question? He is Emerys favorite like I have always said.

Emery just used the opportunity in the summer to win over the fans pretending he hated Mustafi. Behind the doors I think its obvious Mustafi was told he would get his chance to prove him self again.

I love when I'm correct about these things!

He's been playing Europa league and Carabao cup games bro, even Mustafi's biggest haters can say he's a level above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season
Top Bottom