• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Chelsea | Sunday 29th December | KO: 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Result?

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 49 55.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 25 28.1%
  • Chelsea Win

Votes: 15 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
VAR should create a big shift in coaching.

I've noticed it a few times times this season and yesterday for Sp**s was one of the more obvious examples. Defenders drop off for safety and comfort but with VAR they should be pushing toward the ball the smother the attack. If Alderweireld done that yesterday all Norwich attackers would have been offside and he stops the attacker running forward.

If the defence smother they push the line forward. To play against that both the attacker and ball player need to react in sync and if they arent VAR will catch them.
Luiz and Mustafi (unsurprisingly) shat the bed for the 2nd goal. Could hear Arteta throughout the 2nd half telling them to push up

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Arteta post match comments?
Arteta on Jorginho's possible red card
“I think that’s up to you guys. For me it was very clear.”

Arteta on the result
“I am really disappointed with the result. I’m pleased with a lot of things I have seen and how they buy into what I want.”

Arteta on Freddie
“It’s physically tough to maintain the level Chelsea had with young players. It wasn’t that they didn’t want to do it.

“I wanted Freddie to have a different view from us and have a different angle which is important”

Arteta on Xhaka
“He played well at Bournemouth and after he started to feel ill and the last two days he’s been in bed.

“I hope he doesn’t leave.”

Arteta on Chambers
“The first signs are not positive.”

Sanis

So unlucky, players gave it all, first 30 minutes looked so promising despite all the injuries. Feel sorry for Arteta, this squad just doesn't have enough quality despite all the progress.

TornadoTed

Established Member
The 2 key moments were the Jorginho pull back and the Willock miss. We could have easily been 2-0 up against 10 men. I think we could have comfortably seen the game out. They didn't go our way and we ran out of legs, Chelsea just looked stronger and fitter the last 25-30 minutes.

Deeply disappointed but I feel OK and positive still, that is as well as we have played in quite a while.

The injuries are a worry though, gutted for Chambers if its serious. We need Holding, Kola and Bellerin back as soon as possible as well as a quick replacement if Xhaka goes.

Edit - I forgot about Ceballos and Martinelli too.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
As others have said though, as frustrating as that game was, we still played very well which is encouraging...and we aren’t going for the league on even European football really, I will genuinely take 17th place this season, as long as we show improvement/structure than recently!

Shame to get only 1/6 points out of the last two, but at least we are playing well...keep doing this and the results will come, need some ****ing luck though!

Arteta has made a difference in such a short period, and that is very positive.

Giroud12

They should seriously consider scrapping VAR from next season. Not only does it take time and all that, but the refs have somehow been even worse than in the past this season. Today and the Sokratis one vs. Palace is some of the worst decisions I´ve ever seen, and this is with all technology they could want at their disposal. 1-0 up and 11 v 10 for 17 minutes and we´re winning this, no doubt.

9jagooner

We don't have better players than Chelsea specially in defense and midfield thier youngsters are miles better too
On paper, we do.
The players are playing well because they have been managed/coached well. Those same players in Arsenal of the past few months will deliver same results our players have delivered in same period if not worse.

I've supported Arsenal long enough to know that there's no season we don't complain of playing personnel. I can't imagine what would happen if we had a transfer ban.

Goonerozil33

Really angry to lose the game like this. Premier league referees are the worst.Three observations, 1) Our fitness levels need to improve. Players like Özil and laca were running on empty since 60th minute 2) We need players who can cover the ground more, especially in the midfield. Someone like Ramsey would have been great in today's match 3) With Özil we will always struggle to dominate a 3 man midfield used by top teams.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Did you watch the game ?, or do you just have some weird agenda against Nelson.
I thought he looked much more promising without penetrating. Looked just a touch away from going clear and beating his man on a number of occasions. I'd still be using Martinelli or Pepe over him though. Mikel must be seeing stuff.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

United H
Leeds H
Palace A
Chelsea A

With the exception of the FA Cup tie vs Leeds, which I hope is our saving grace, I suspect we'll be hovering around 15-16 by early February.

ptrcopp

They should seriously consider scrapping VAR from next season. Not only does it take time and all that, but the refs have somehow been even worse than in the past this season. Today and the Sokratis one vs. Palace is some of the worst decisions I´ve ever seen, and this is with all technology they could want at their disposal. 1-0 up and 11 v 10 for 17 minutes and we´re winning this, no doubt.

The refereeing would just be as bad. It’s the decisions not given by VAR that are the problem.

ptrcopp

We can moan about the refereeing all season long but we’ll be be here in August 2020 talking about decisions made in in August 2019.

The team has to get out of the system these individual errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom