• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Coutinho

Do you want Coutinho to join Arsenal On Loan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Weird line up next season potentially, Luiz, Cedric, Cebellos, Coutinho, Pepe, Lacazette etc.

Mixture of Loan players, washed up players, non top players etc. Doesn’t look a good team to me.

This is the wilderness, my friend, drink it in.

Goonger

I'm not having any of you dissing my man Coutinho by the way with your lazy slander, he's much more than a long shot merchant. Only need to look through his YouTube videos to see he's more than that.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I'm not having any of you dissing my man Coutinho by the way with your lazy slander, he's much more than a long shot merchant. Only need to look through his YouTube videos to see he's more than that.
What lazy slander? He’s had one top season at Liverpool. Being offered around to Newcastle and Arsenal now.

Goonger

What lazy slander? He’s had one top season at Liverpool. Being offered around to Newcastle and Arsenal now.

Are you forgetting how bad we are creative wise? You can't watch us the other night, struggling to keep a hold of the ball, and not think Coutinho is better than what we have?

tcahill

He's a good player. Had one good season at Liverpool and showed some signs at Barca. Nowhere near worth what we'd be paying him, far better value elsewhere.

Goonger

He's a good player. Had one good season at Liverpool and showed some signs at Barca. Nowhere near worth what we'd be paying him, far better value elsewhere.

Even his non good seasons at Liverpool then were better than what our attacking midfielders produced this season. I'm not saying he'd be my first choice, but if funds are short for permanent transfers and we can get a loan deal that fits our budget then I'm all for it.

Last edited:

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It’s not like we’re flush in money. If he’s on high wages, why would we be getting him? The only way this works is if Özil is somehow unloaded and we’re not paying his (Özil’s) salary in some way.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Interesting video, especially the part about Bayern. He basically stat padded against relegation fodder in smashings, and his general play was poor.

Good video.

I think perhaps not the direction we should be going. Give me younger, upcoming players instead

Goonger

Interesting video, especially the part about Bayern. He basically stat padded against relegation fodder in smashings, and his general play was poor.

Think the main thing I take from that video is that he's made the wrong choices in clubs to go to. He was never going to live up to that price tag at Barca, and he wasn't an upgrade on what Bayern had really, especially for a potential €80M fee. However, we aren't Barca or Bayern, or even close to it quality wise. If he gets a bit more freedom here like he did at Liverpool then he could be a great asset.

As I've said, in an ideal world he wouldn't be my first choice. Unfortunately, we aren't in an ideal world at Arsenal just now. Of course, the big issue is the financial side of it, that's why I said if we can get the finances to work in our favour in terms of loan & wages, he would be a good stop gap at the very least until ESR grows more or we have more funds for a permanent replacement.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He'd be our best player. Upgrade on Mkhitarian and more useful than Özil. Laughable that people advocate Grealish and turn their nose up at Coutinho.

I'd rather Grealish than Coutinho. Younger, less wages, would fight for the badge. Coutinho would be an Özil sort, when the going gets tough he would hide.

Don't get me wrong Coutinho is quality but he's not what we should be looking at in a rebuild.

If we don't end up making the EL its probably quite likely we go for him on loan with option to buy. I'm fine with that but its still not ideal.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Willian looks a safer short contract / dead money deal.

Much rather we looked longer term than 12/24 months on such a central position though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom