• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian Joins Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

DennisTheLegend

Think this could work out for us, we’ve been crying out for a ball carrying technical midfield/winger. A lot of our counter attacks break down due to dodgy touches or uncoordinated dribbling. Willian has the technical ability to beat a man, can accelerate away from players and has very good end product. I think in this era we can’t look at player age as a negative - There are plenty of 32/35 year olds still smashing it, we should’ve kept Cazorla ffs, his numbers this season were bonkers

DennisTheLegend

Glad you and your bumm gang will be smiling when we start the season with two washed up former Chelsea players in the team.

Don’t think we’d have won the semi final vs City without the washed up Luiz - Hes the best we have at the moment, will be gone soon so just have to suck it up. Hoping that Saliba is the real deal...

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Hes a good player that will decline over the term of his contract. If his wages are about 100k I guess thats somewhat reasonable if his decline isnt massive, if hes getting 5 million as a sign on bonus its somewhat reasonable. If hes getting 10-15 at that point we might have been able to spend the money better.

I think he'll be playing more in midfield which should increase his longevity . I think as a signing without context its a decent buy. The trend of bringing in players with question marks who are linked to agents is forming a worrying trend. The next few transfers and contracts could be make or break for the club.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
We added a starter on a free. Not much to complain about here, other than maybe contact length (but we wouldn’t have gotten him without it).

Vanpayslip

For me, the signing on its own doesn’t really mean a lot. It depends on the context of the squad changes over the summer.

If deadwood leaves and a couple of relevant signings to impact the first 11 come in then I would consider this a good signing. If it is just this and a few other signings that can’t really help the first 11, then I don’t think this one makes much of a difference for me.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Find this hard to believe . . . . KSE actually interested in what's going on at Arsenal?

Dj_sds -

Again, Edu is here now and helping a former Arsenal player Arteta build the squad HE wants, they know exactly how they want Arsenal to be as they have been in and around the club years.

Arteta wanted Willian, Edu agreed and Raul got him in, that's how we're working now. End of story.

Tbh really surprised you're optimistic about this signing and the new set up

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Tbh really surprised you're optimistic about this signing and the new set up

Not optimistic about this signing, I've stated I think he's too old, but he's also better than what we have.

I'm just saying, it seems Arteta pushed this signing and Raul brought him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996
Top Bottom