• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 659,525
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
Why can't they set their eyes on an Arsenal player? Barcelona used cheap classless tactics to bring the Fabregas fee down and we gave in to it, selling him for what was relatively peanuts compared to his worth.

Wenger is a legend, and I love the man, but his man management seemed to have a little flaw in terms of not getting reciprocity when it came to loyalty with players for the belief and effort he put into them. They didn’t show loyalty to manager and club in supporting strong negotiations from our end, by sitting tight and silent.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Why can't they set their eyes on an Arsenal player? Barcelona used cheap classless tactics to bring the Fabregas fee down and we gave in to it, selling him for what was relatively peanuts compared to his worth.

I think Cesc himself contributed to that when he, more or less, forced himself out. Yes, it was understandable that he wanted to join Barcelona and was fed up with not winning titles but that doesnt excuse his behaviour. Im happy that he never really became a success story in Spain.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Yeah its frustrating when you put it that way. They got Fabregas for 28m which was cheap even back then, while buying a decent player in Coutinho for maybe the top 3 transfer fees of all time...

Madrid paid a lot for Hazard with a year left on his deal as well....

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think Cesc himself contributed to that when he, more or less, forced himself out. Yes, it was understandable that he wanted to join Barcelona and was fed up with not winning titles but that doesnt excuse his behaviour. Im happy that he never really became a success story in Spain.

Yeah Fabregas has shown since with his comments and actions around Chelsea and "being a blue" that he really didn't give two hoots about us

Got no love for the guy any more. Was just a great player for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom