• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

I'll be really worried about new incomings if non of Torreira Kola Sokratis has left by the end of next week.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Most teams are leaving it to get the best deal. There’ll be a lot of panicking in the last two weeks.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Everyone knows we want them. Concentration needs to be on getting rid of 3 or 4 players.

I think the next two weeks has two scenarios.

1. We manage to get rid of everyone we need to sign both, best case scenario. But would require getting rid of Torreira, Sokratis, Kolasinac AND one of Elneny, Mustafi or Özil. Big ask.
  2. We manage to get rid of three of the above and activate Partey's release clause. We then go after Aouar in either January or next summer when Özil is gone.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Refuse to believe that’ll we sign both of them. Would be some serious quality and depth in midfield we haven’t had in years, perhaps decades.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We really need to hurry up with our transfers in and out before we're back in lockdown

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
You know what's pissing me off, all this talk of signing Aouar and Partey, if it happens, that's £100m right there, no way outgoings are going to cover anywhere close to that.

Less than 2 months ago we released 55 staff members because of financial constraints, most of them probably being payed a pittance in the grand scheme of things. Everyone's forgotten about that after the initial outrage because we want new shiny toys to play with.

Guess I shouldn't expect any better from a modern football club, but still, it hurts when the avarice and lack of care is exposed in the club you support.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
You know what's pissing me off, all this talk of signing Aouar and Partey, if it happens, that's £100m right there, no way outgoings are going to cover anywhere close to that.

Less than 2 months ago we released 55 staff members because of financial constraints, most of them probably being payed a pittance in the grand scheme of things. Everyone's forgotten about that because we want new shiny toys to play with.

Guess I shouldn't expect any better from a modern football club, but still, it hurts when the greed and lack of care is exposed in the club you support.

Football is dead, long live football.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Less than 2 months ago we released 55 staff members because of financial constraints, most of them probably being payed a pittance in the grand scheme of things. Everyone's forgotten about that because we want new shiny toys to play with.

Guess I shouldn't expect any better from a modern football club, but still, it hurts when the greed and lack of care is exposed in the club you support.

But at the same time its looking like fans won't be back in stadiums maybe until next year. Considering Kroenke doesn't put money in you have to make tough decisions. Do you keep 55 people on furlough pay despite them not having a job at the club at the moment? It could be 2 years worth of pay they get despite not working, that isn't good for the club or the people involved.

I get where people are coming from, but for me its not as black and white. Vinai doesn't come across as a complete tool to me, seems like a decent bloke with good morals. Doubt he would take the decision likely.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Less than 2 months ago we released 55 staff members because of financial constraints, most of them probably being payed a pittance in the grand scheme of things. Everyone's forgotten about that after the initial outrage because we want new shiny toys to play with.

Guess I shouldn't expect any better from a modern football club, but still, it hurts when the avarice and lack of care is exposed in the club you support.

Well it’s a business. Could also be that Arsenal has been running inefficiently in the back room with many redundancies that can now be filled with leaner resources.

Preacher

Always Crying
Arteta (14/7/2020) “You are not in the Champions League & because you are not in the Champions League, you say, ‘Okay, I don’t invest because I don’t have the financial ability to do it’. But the other clubs invest and then the gap becomes bigger”

Wise words. If we wont strengthen our midfield with top class players, we will be in the mud for another season.

Manberg

Predator
What if football gets stopped again because of covid? Cases are back to doubling every day. It may not be wise to spend all the money we have if there's no football.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
What if football gets stopped again because of covid? Cases are back to doubling every day. It may not be wise to spend all the money we have if there's no football.

They can't physically stop everything again, football will likely continue. Even the lockdown that could happen in the UK isn't really a full lockdown, things are still open, its more of a curfew thing, you can't meet up with other people etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Latest posts

Top Bottom