• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: The Croy-10 Cruyff

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Like it or not, he is very very similar to Özil in his way of playing. Plays simple, has vision and intelligence, moves a lot without ball to open defences like Özil does (Özil runs a lot without the ball while we attack), today's second goal it's a typical Özil play of one touch, running in to the space and then final assist.

Hope he keeps that way! Arsenal doesn't work without a number 10.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Yes. No problem in signing Buendia. Look I love ESR and I’m a advocate for youth but Arsenal have horribly mismanaged some excellent youngsters because we were too reliant on them. Wilshere is 28 and jobless and that’s on Arsenal. No matter how good he was, we shouldn’t have been so reliant on a 18 year old. We need to learn from our errors. I don’t want ESR to be good for 2 years and then end up looking for a club in his late twenties. I want him to have a long and prosperous career (preferably at Arsenal). Sign Buendia, and if Buendia looks good we can move him on and let ESR take over.
Buendía, Isco, Szoboslai, maybe Sabitzer. There are good options out there. BTW Aouar it's over.

You know, some of them can be played as CM. I would use Buendía ir Isco in a Santi Cazorla. Both have good work rate. Then you become a team with lots of creativity suddenly. If you want to be more defensive then you put Xhaka or new signing next to Partey.

Partey - Buendia/Isco
Saka - ESM - Auba/Martinelli

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Signing an AM does not have to block ESR’s progress, remember that he can also play on the wing. Therefore, sign another similar type of AM that can also play on the wing. The rotation and interchange options would be endless.

We hoped Willian would be that versatile type but it didn’t quite work out.

akhil

He's saving Arteta's job single-handedly and shoving his own words up his a*se. F*#king transition year BS.

Can't believe we've waited this long to see him get some minutes. He looks one hell of a talent. Just needs to be managed carefully. Hope he's tied down to a long contract.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Like it or not, he is very very similar to Özil in his way of playing. Plays simple, has vision and intelligence, moves a lot without ball to open defences like Özil does (Özil runs a lot without the ball while we attack), today's second goal it's a typical Özil play of one touch, running in to the space and then final assist.

Hope he keeps that way! Arsenal doesn't work without a number 10.
ESR always shows up in space as a passing option, involving in a lot of general play. Özil never cares about the general play, he could be invisible for the whole match but just making an assisting pass.

ESR does all his basics right and it helps. But it's not that he constantly making defensive splitting pin point through pass/dribbled 2 players/have the close control to control the ball in crowded area.... to make me think he would become anywhere close to world class.

nick gould

ESR is injury prone, we need another player.
It turns out we already have another player. Özil, I am pretty sure he would work extremely hard now that he is no longer first choice. Believe it or not, he is an arsenal fan too and would love to be a role model for ESR and I pretty sure he is giving the boy tips on a regular basis. All we need is a reserve goal keeper. We have Matteo Guendouzi next season, a Guendouzi who has added goals to his game. Partey has a goal or 2 as well. All of sudden, the squad looks a lot more complete.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
It turns out we already have another player. Özil, I am pretty sure he would work extremely hard now that he is no longer first choice. Believe it or not, he is an arsenal fan too and would love to be a role model for ESR and I pretty sure he is giving the boy tips on a regular basis. All we need is a reserve goal keeper. We have Matteo Guendouzi next season, a Guendouzi who has added goals to his game. Partey has a goal or 2 as well. All of sudden, the squad looks a lot more complete.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He's saving Arteta's job single-handedly and shoving his own words up his a*se. F*#king transition year BS.

Can't believe we've waited this long to see him get some minutes. He looks one hell of a talent. Just needs to be managed carefully. Hope he's tied down to a long contract.

We all knew what he could do. Arteta was reluctant to play him but tbf he has kept him in the line up even with his favourite pensioner fit again. Let Willian play FA cup and rest ESR, he does seem to get injured a lot, hopefully that wont always be the case because he's what we've been missing. The 2nd goal yesterday was started by ESR's rapid play. WBA didn't know what was going on. Quick passing 1 or 2 touch is what we need and players like ESR, Saka, Tierney give us that!

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Very happy for Kev, hope we manage him well and he keeps it up. In terms of raw talent he and Saka are streets ahead of the other Hale End graduates.

People saying we need to sign another creative midfielder because we can't rely solely on ESR's fitness are correct. You can't just have one player of that type in your squad. But it's also correct to say we need another of that type to play WITH ESR, not just in rotation with him. Guys like ESR thrive off interplay and one-twos. Guys like Hleb and Rosicky didn't do it all by themselves, you need co-creators.

So we need to sign another playmaker for purely practical squad management reasons, but also cos we need playmakers to play together.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !

'He is an Arsenal fan' :lol::lol::lol:

Özil is a fan of money.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Very happy for Kev, hope we manage him well and he keeps it up. In terms of raw talent he and Saka are streets ahead of the other Hale End graduates.

People saying we need to sign another creative midfielder because we can't rely solely on ESR's fitness are correct. You can't just have one player of that type in your squad. But it's also correct to say we need another of that type to play WITH ESR, not just in rotation with him. Guys like ESR thrive off interplay and one-twos. Guys like Hleb and Rosicky didn't do it all by themselves, you need co-creators.

So we need to sign another playmaker for purely practical squad management reasons, but also cos we need playmakers to play together.

We need to do something about the £500k per week wages we’re spending on Özil and Willian then because that’s exactly what they were brought here to do.

We could easily push Dani further forward once Partey’s fit into that role and gradually introduce someone like Azeez or even Nelson, who I think is better in ESR’s role than on the wing.

We have a lot of options that I don’t think we’ve made the most of yet for creativity in the hole.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
:rofl: 99% of players are not fans of their club, and you're telling me Özil is? Behave. He doesnt care about football and with the way our club treated him he certainly doesnt care about us :lol:

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Fanboy alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom