• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramon12

Yes anyway Cole has to think and see that he got to play in the C.L instead of Flam(he got us there) Gael(He played a part).

Seed

because i cant be arsed to trawl through 89 pages of mostly garbage and I dont know if this has come up, and it's a little off topic, but will anybody here be buying cole's book?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Rohit said:
Big Poppa said:
The one thing that truly exposes Cole as being of a somewhat ****ish pedigree is not his meeting with Chelsea......

How,why ??

I'm not saying that it wasn't a lamentable action, I'm saying that it is not what has made his predicament seemingly untenable. Other things have gone on thereafter which have appeared to pour salt in the wound that was created by that meeting.

Remember, immediately after the court case we went to Stamford Bridge and grabbed a 0-0 draw. Cole played a blinder and recieved a decent reception from the fans in spite all that had gone on. We thought it was behind us.

But the appeal soon followed, and things kept escalating. It was buried for a while, but emerged again this summer. Hopefully it will be concluded soon because it's not right that we're spending time talking about this on the eve of such a momentous occasion in the club's history.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
well. wenger says it all. i think cole will definitely move. wenger's hint is strong enough.

it sounds like cole is apologising now

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Raypele said:
Big Poppa said:
The one thing that does so was his appeal claim to a 'restraint of trade' that was made on his behalf by his lawyer. Clearly unable to make the quite clear distinction between contract law and employment law also undermining the purpose of a contract in football.

Attempting to bring the whole nature of the game into turmoil for clubs and fans who passionately follow them just out of desperation to clear his name both surprised and disappointed me greatly. I can say that he was very badly advised, but he is his own man and should have really realised just how serious a situation he was getting himself into.

Money has a very small part to play in any of this as a determining factor.

I agree with the majority of that post, but just for the record there is no distinction between contract law and employment law. Employment law is simply a subset of contract law. The real issue is that football contracts are fixed term contracts and the rate of consideration means that a court would not see a footballer like ashley in the same way as if I wanted to leave my job and go work for someone else. In short the length of a footballer's contract is their notice period.

Anyhow, agree that Ashley's attempts to prove his 'innocence' and the failure to accept his obligations to his employer shows that there has never really been any remorse on his part. We should expect none, and hence he will leave, whether now or in january.

I stand well and truly corrected. :)

Gurgen

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
I know I keep coming back to this Gurgen, but this is why. You say he's a c**t because you THINK he wants to move for the reason to play with his mates who you THINK are chavs (I'm interested to know how you came to this conclusion from seeing someone play football) and because you THINK he's yearning after being a superstar celebrity.

No I don't THINK anything.

Read the transcript. Cole wasn't happy with the 'cliques' at Arsenal, he wanted to play with his England mates. And yes, they are chavs. Have you heard Lampard and Terry talk? :lol:

There are Amsterdam prostitutes with more class. The fact that Ashley is so close to them says it all.

So, why does Cole want to move?

- Cash.
- Playing with his mates.
- Make himself Beckham Mark II.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Gurgen said:
Big Poppa said:
I know I keep coming back to this Gurgen, but this is why. You say he's a c**t because you THINK he wants to move for the reason to play with his mates who you THINK are chavs (I'm interested to know how you came to this conclusion from seeing someone play football) and because you THINK he's yearning after being a superstar celebrity.

No I don't THINK anything.

Read the transcript. Cole wasn't happy with the 'cliques' at Arsenal, he wanted to play with his England mates. And yes, they are chavs. Have you heard Lampard and Terry talk? :lol:

There are Amsterdam prostitutes with more class. The fact that Ashley is so close to them says it all.

So, why does Cole want to move?

- Cash.
- Playing with his mates.
- Make himself Beckham Mark II.

Fair enough.

patrick42uk

Established Member
i think cole knew he wasnt going to play. he wanted to make it clear it was the manager's choice not his.

i actually think this could be the first signs of cole resigning himself to staying.

morpho

Established Member
Cashley said... "I hope the fans understand where my grievances lie." Doesnt look like a apologise to me....

cmquakes

God I just want it to end. Every morning I wake up hoping that there's some sort of resolution to this. I can't wait until Villa tomorrow because that's all that really matters. The hell with the little bastard, I'm so sick of hearing his name and he's taking too much of my energy. I'm more interested in Ljungberg being called up for Saturday while Rosicky is out, finishing off Zagreb in our first European game at Emirates, and then Man City away. Will Cole play in any of those? F**k if I know and f**k if I care. I just want to see our guys get out there in the red and white in our great new home and f***ing blast Villa! Come on Gunners!

AGooner

Going by AW's comments today I think he is taking the same line as you would with a naughty child, keeping him away from the rest of the kids. Until he has learnt his lesson.

I hope I'm wrong but, reading between the lines, it looks like the Chelsea/Inter/etc transfer will not materialise and Cole will be back in the team in a couple of weeks.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Just heard that Chelsea have agreed a fee with HSV for Khalid Boulharouz. I don't know how that will effect the Cole and Gallas situations.

Realwood

GoonerGurjit said:
Just heard that Chelsea have agreed a fee with HSV for Khalid Boulharouz. I don't know how that will effect the Cole and Gallas situations.

He can play left or right back. Very nice player.

This should be it than. Cole should sign an extension.

otfgoon

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:

Dont think it effects the cole situation at all. Maybe its so they dont have to rely on Gallas, maybe its just another additional back-up because Huth is rubbish.

otfgoon

Established Member
Realwood said:
GoonerGurjit said:

He can play left or right back. Very nice player.

This should be it than. Cole should sign an extension.

He is a Centre back isnt he?

patrick42uk

Established Member
i think this is in anticipation of huth leaving. so they'll definately have four cbs. i dont think he is the lb they are looking for. anyway, mourinho said he wanted two more defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom