• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jester

Established Member
well cole went to chelsea for a start...
he then *****ed and moaned while he picked up his pay cheque from the sidelines, apparently injured.
he cleary wants out, we want him out, i'd be surprised if wenger didnt want him out. so why's he staying?

Ratinho

Established Member
Erm, how do you compare completely different situations? Has Cole just gone to the papers? Is he even p1ssed off with the manager? Want to read about how the Reyes and Cole situations happening side by side are totally different?

Want to make a valid point?

DOUBLE-YOU

in the press conference wenger said he has not picked cole for tomorrows game. not in squad. this is because wenger doesnt know the transfer situation. when that gets sorted we will know more.

sabret00the

Established Member
I think the fans are all getting caught up in the media storm that is this saga.

The only direct quotes that have come from situation have stated again and again that he doesn't want to leave and othe rthan that he's been very quiet. The latest quotes are stating that he's ready to don the shirt and play for us and that he still has an affinity to us (the fans) and the manager. Don't get me wrong he's still a **** for the whole "i have greivances which some fans understand" thing but ultimately i've never heard from Ashley Cole that he wants to leave. I've heard him state he's pissed off, he's felt betrayed but bar that all i hear is that he wants to play with us this coming season.

baccy_man

Established Member
manalicream said:
Even without the saga, would your really want this guy in an Arsenal shirt!!

coletweedyPA_432x600.jpg

he looks like a throw back to the 70's a disco medallion man,

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Gurgen said:
Big Poppa said:
Ratinho said:
drthorne1 said:
"I maintain I have no problem with the fans and the manager: they have both been very supportive of me throughout my career, in particular I hope the fans understand where my grievances lie.”

Can someone please explain to me about what these Grievances are ash is going on about.

The fact that this statement has come from his sports management company is Unreal what ever the club has don't to him We the fans have been nothing but supportive.

The grievances is that the club wouldn't pay his ridiculous wage demands immediately, and instead of negotiating he ran off to speak to other clubs (which he'd been in contact with already), then he's upset that Arsenal didn't just say 'Well that's fine Ashley, you and Chelsea did nothing wrong'. He thinks the fans are supporting him, over the evil club that are so nasty to him.

Plus, he's not said this. It's been released to the press through him, by his agents.

Ratinho, it obviously is not that simple otherwise we would have seen an end to this sorry episode a long time ago. A relationship has badly broken down somewhere along the line and that has been why this whole thing is a lot harder to repair than just by bumping up his wages. Cole has a serious beef with our board and for reasons that seem only to be known to him.

You're right, it's not just money. It's money and the desire to play with his chav mates John and Frank. It's money and the desire to be a superstar celeb playing for the Superstar Chav XI.

Which makes him even more of a cnut.

What on earth makes you think that the board has done something terrible to him? What could they have done that's so bad?

I know I keep coming back to this Gurgen, but this is why. You say he's a **** because you THINK he wants to move for the reason to play with his mates who you THINK are chavs (I'm interested to know how you came to this conclusion from seeing someone play football) and because you THINK he's yearning after being a superstar celebrity.

Now, let's leave all of this aside for one second and pretend that what these people get up to in their lives or do with their money is not any of our business, it would be fair to deduce that;

1) Ashley did something very bad by meeting Kenyon and Mourinho without the club's permission.

2) He seems to feel that this could have been settled out of court with the club like Man U did with Ferdinand when he was caught in Kenyon's company and because of his relationship with the club.

3) The club politely disagreed and proceeded with legal action.

4) Cole inferred that he was a scapegoat and that the club did not care what happened to him because they were so hell-bent on getting Chelsea rightly punished.

5) Cole got pissed off at getting fined £100k and stated in anger that he would not play for the club even if he was offered £200k because he felt 'betrayed'.

6) The club panic because they know Cole could leave for nothing in a year and offer him a 1 year extension that will buy all parties extra time to resolve their differences.

7) No such resolution has occured and his departure seems to be the most likely occurance.

I've tried to take everything into account, including the court transcript and my view is this;

The one thing that truly exposes Cole as being of a somewhat ****ish pedigree is not his meeting with Chelsea, nor the release of his autobiography, nor the fact that he wears a £80,000 Jacob & co watch and is married to a pop singer.

The one thing that does so was his appeal claim to a 'restraint of trade' that was made on his behalf by his lawyer. Clearly unable to make the quite clear distinction between contract law and employment law also undermining the purpose of a contract in football.

Attempting to bring the whole nature of the game into turmoil for clubs and fans who passionately follow them just out of desperation to clear his name both surprised and disappointed me greatly. I can say that he was very badly advised, but he is his own man and should have really realised just how serious a situation he was getting himself into.

Money has a very small part to play in any of this as a determining factor.

Ratinho

Established Member
And Sabre, that's because that's all you want to hear. He definitely has never said he wants to play for us.

RedNWhite

DOUBLE-YOU said:
Cole says he is available to play. He also says...

"I maintain I have no problem with the fans and the manager.

They've been very supportive of me throughout my career. I hope the fans understand where my grievances lie"

Yes, in your wallet, Ashley.

All he has to do is give us an honest explanation and we'll decide for ourselves. Instead he decides to 'reveal all' in an autobiography which may, or may not, include every detail of his 'grievances' depending on which club he is playing for come the start of the season. Not the actions of a man with class and integrity in my opinion.

Heads - he wins, tails - Arsenal lose.

Ratinho

Established Member
To be fair, it's the right point in his life to bring out a book. Coincidental that it happened to 'crossover' with him not manufacturing this whole situation to take advantage of it, get more money and further his own celebrity status.

Maybe.

phenn

in my opinion, if the board just keeps the chelsea tapping up case more hush and sticks with cole, none of this happens. That shocked him. Yeah, meeting with Kenyon was very bad, and he's no angel, but the way the club handled that matter was kind of disappointing to be fair. They kept pushing the issue knowing it would end up with Cole in trouble and let's face it nothing was ever really going to happen to Chelsea. It was a fruitless endeavour.

Ash also thinks he's much better looking than he is.

Regardless of anything, I'd rather we kept him as an Arsenal player than sell him to be honest. You won't often find a player who can beat him 1v1 on the dribble. By not often I mean I haven't really seen it more than once or twice, but I don't watch every game.

If we do sell him, ffs let's not sell him to Chelsea.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
RedNWhite said:
DOUBLE-YOU said:
Cole says he is available to play. He also says...

"I maintain I have no problem with the fans and the manager.

They've been very supportive of me throughout my career. I hope the fans understand where my grievances lie"

Yes, in your wallet, Ashley.

All he has to do is give us an honest explanation and we'll decide for ourselves. Instead he decides to 'reveal all' in an autobiography which may, or may not, include every detail of his 'grievances' depending on which club he is playing for come the start of the season. Not the actions of a man with class and integrity in my opinion.

Heads - he wins, tails - Arsenal lose.

That just about sums it up.

On the field he is a great player, no one here denies that, however off the field, he has quite rapidly started to believe his own hype. It's almost a classic example of todays England footballer.

He has shown no class, these players are becoming so obsessed with becoming these popstar like figures that they're behaving like absolute idiots.

People like Wenger and Red Nose up at Old Trafford are finding it increasingly hard to operate because their players are losing touch with reality. They're overpaid and over hyped.

Cole was a humble guy when he broke into the team, now look at him!

Sammer

Established Member
Lehmann on the likely exit of Cole:

Source: www.setanta.com

The German international, who was in stupendous form for Arsenal last season, said: "We have lost only Dennis, Robert and Sol, maybe now Ashley - but the club has always had a good policy in changing.

"They are all big, big players and great players - but I think we have to cope with that."

On Cole's likely departure to Chelsea or Inter Milan, he added: "Of course, it will be a big loss because he is probably the best left back in the world - but we coped with it last season and as a team, you can do that.

"I would love to play on with him, but I think there is no chance. Of course, it is a disappointment - but you have to accept Ashley's decision because you never know what really happened between him and the club.

"I will always remember Ashley as a very good team-mate with whom I have accomplished probably the biggest thing in my football career - becoming champions unbeaten and he was a crucial part of that."

burnsjed

Established Member
phenn said:
in my opinion, if the board just keeps the chelsea tapping up case more hush and sticks with cole, none of this happens. That shocked him. Yeah, meeting with Kenyon was very bad, and he's no angel, but the way the club handled that matter was kind of disappointing to be fair. They kept pushing the issue knowing it would end up with Cole in trouble and let's face it nothing was ever really going to happen to Chelsea. It was a fruitless endeavour.

Ash also thinks he's much better looking than he is.

Regardless of anything, I'd rather we kept him as an Arsenal player than sell him to be honest. You won't often find a player who can beat him 1v1 on the dribble. By not often I mean I haven't really seen it more than once or twice, but I don't watch every game.

If we do sell him, ffs let's not sell him to Chelsea.

Are you serious.
So another clubs taps one of our players and we are supposed to say "thats ok, no harm done"
Get ****ing real.
The club did the right thing and reported all parties involved.
Some people are just clueless.

Ratinho

Established Member
phenn said:

Y'know, I quoted this with the full intention of ripping into it, but what's the point? It's been covered so often.

The very idea of Cole taking ANY sympathy from this situation is comical, and the implication that it should have all been covered up and left for his benefit is laughable.

Ratinho

Established Member
And Jens again shows he's mature, intelligant, and not cringeworthy when talking to the press.

He's also not 'ostriching' like so many people seem to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom