• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratinho

Established Member
Yeah my heart bleeds for the poor slave child.

Anyone believing this statement is anything but a 'F**k, I can't afford not to play at all till I get to move in January' is thicker than a whale omlette tbh.

seanconvey66

maxxx said:
Ratinho said:
maxxx said:
I think we should just forgive and forget. The guy has suffered enough. He's a quality player and you can't say no to that.

Eh? He doesn't want to play for us.

Suffered? What the f**k are you on about?

He just said he does want to play. And i mean he suffered as in Chelsea snubbed him and you can understand that he's been left isolated with no club wantinghim.

No the situation was completley his own making why should we feel sympathy for him not he way he has acted.

jay-d

Established Member
Ratinho said:
jay-d said:
What I don't get is the anger towards Cole and the pity towards Reyes on this board. Me I want them both out.

Then look at the full story, the people involved, the relative players personaity's and their backgrounds. Then you might.

And 'at least Cole tried to hide it' is pretty much the funniest thing i've ever read on here. :lol:

Fair enough, all I look at is 2 grown men trying to screw Arsenal. Forget all the other bollox. Like I said I want both sold and am equally pissed with both.

manalicream

Even without the saga, would your really want this guy in an Arsenal shirt!!

coletweedyPA_432x600.jpg

Army of Me

Established Member
Ratinho said:
Yeah my heart bleeds for the poor slave child.

Anyone believing this statement is anything but a 'F**k, I can't afford not to play at all till I get to move in January' is thicker than a whale omlette tbh.
that is exactly what this is. anyone remember his statements before the champions league final?

are we supposed to believe he wanted to stay, that his book hadn't already been commissioned and that he dearly wanted to play for his boyhood club - **** no, he lied so he could play in the final.

i hope he plays, i really hope he plays so he can finally get it through his thick skull he's not welcome.

it's not a good start to a new campaign in a new stadium having to boo your own player, but he still thinks he can wriggle his way out of this, and that's just not on.

Ratinho

Established Member
jay-d said:
Ratinho said:
jay-d said:
What I don't get is the anger towards Cole and the pity towards Reyes on this board. Me I want them both out.

Then look at the full story, the people involved, the relative players personaity's and their backgrounds. Then you might.

And 'at least Cole tried to hide it' is pretty much the funniest thing i've ever read on here. :lol:

Fair enough, all I look at is 2 grown men trying to screw Arsenal. Forget all the other bollox. Like I said I want both sold and am equally pissed with both.

That's cool fella, your opinion. I think Asa, and the big Reyes thread in the transfer forum pretty much covers how different the two situations are, loking past the face of them.

And that Cole pic just proves my 'I want to be Beckham' point even further. You aint pretty enough Ash son.

Ratinho

Established Member
pha2er said:
manalicream said:
Even without the saga, would your really want this guy in an Arsenal shirt!
and freddie posing in pants is better than that?

The enormous checks from CK probably make a slight difference. Cole aint a model, Freddie is. :?

Rohit

Established Member
Every time i read that interview i seethe more.

He maintains he doesn't have a problem with the fans.Well let him play tomorrow Wenger and let him know that we do have a problem with him.

Army of Me

Established Member
Ratinho said:
pha2er said:
manalicream said:
Even without the saga, would your really want this guy in an Arsenal shirt!
and freddie posing in pants is better than that?

The enormous checks from CK probably make a slight difference. Cole aint a model, Freddie is. :?
i'd still rather see a picture of cole posing with his wife than freddie with bits in my face.

when i buy FHM i expect to see tits - now ash doesn't get into FHM so that leaves only the female variety, but when I turn the page what do I get? freddies willy!

disgraceful.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Ratinho said:
drthorne1 said:
"I maintain I have no problem with the fans and the manager: they have both been very supportive of me throughout my career, in particular I hope the fans understand where my grievances lie.”

Can someone please explain to me about what these Grievances are ash is going on about.

The fact that this statement has come from his sports management company is Unreal what ever the club has don't to him We the fans have been nothing but supportive.

The grievances is that the club wouldn't pay his ridiculous wage demands immediately, and instead of negotiating he ran off to speak to other clubs (which he'd been in contact with already), then he's upset that Arsenal didn't just say 'Well that's fine Ashley, you and Chelsea did nothing wrong'. He thinks the fans are supporting him, over the evil club that are so nasty to him.

Plus, he's not said this. It's been released to the press through him, by his agents.

Ratinho, it obviously is not that simple otherwise we would have seen an end to this sorry episode a long time ago. A relationship has badly broken down somewhere along the line and that has been why this whole thing is a lot harder to repair than just by bumping up his wages. Cole has a serious beef with our board and for reasons that seem only to be known to him.

It's easy to jump to the conclusion that it's just money because of the figures being spoken about in relation to what you or I earn, but given his history with the club and long-running associations - such a dramatic and sudden desire to leave which has carried for nearly 18 months cannot just be down to a dispute over £5k per week. He would have probably made that up through the increase of his sponsorship deals with the likes of adidas anyway.

Still, I'm not expecting him to play tomorrow. Wenger showed a similar stance when Edu failed to clinch a move to Valenicia in January '05 by benching him in favour of Flamini even when Gilberto was injured. He gave him a last appearance at Highbury but other than that I think Wenger is a man who always remains unconditionally faithful to his principles.

We'll see what he has to say in the press conference this afternoon in response to Cole's statement.

DOUBLE-YOU

Cole says he is available to play. He also says...

"I maintain I have no problem with the fans and the manager.

They've been very supportive of me throughout my career. I hope the fans understand where my grievances lie"

He obviously doesn't come to this website :lol:

Gurgen

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
Ratinho said:
drthorne1 said:
"I maintain I have no problem with the fans and the manager: they have both been very supportive of me throughout my career, in particular I hope the fans understand where my grievances lie.”

Can someone please explain to me about what these Grievances are ash is going on about.

The fact that this statement has come from his sports management company is Unreal what ever the club has don't to him We the fans have been nothing but supportive.

The grievances is that the club wouldn't pay his ridiculous wage demands immediately, and instead of negotiating he ran off to speak to other clubs (which he'd been in contact with already), then he's upset that Arsenal didn't just say 'Well that's fine Ashley, you and Chelsea did nothing wrong'. He thinks the fans are supporting him, over the evil club that are so nasty to him.

Plus, he's not said this. It's been released to the press through him, by his agents.

Ratinho, it obviously is not that simple otherwise we would have seen an end to this sorry episode a long time ago. A relationship has badly broken down somewhere along the line and that has been why this whole thing is a lot harder to repair than just by bumping up his wages. Cole has a serious beef with our board and for reasons that seem only to be known to him.

You're right, it's not just money. It's money and the desire to play with his chav mates John and Frank. It's money and the desire to be a superstar celeb playing for the Superstar Chav XI.

Which makes him even more of a cnut.

What on earth makes you think that the board has done something terrible to him? What could they have done that's so bad?

jester

Established Member
i thought by the time i came off my holiday he'd be long gone. but it looks like he'll stay now, not sure how i feel about it since i was so sure he'd be gone

Ratinho

Established Member
Big Poppa, i've read the investigation into this and know exactly what i'm talking about. My view has been constant throughout, and a pathetic attempt to keep himself from being abused if he ends up having to stick around for 5 months is not going to change the facts.

Ratinho

Established Member
And of course the relationship between him and the board has broken down, he's behaved like an arrogant, thick child with no sense of his own worth, or the way contracts work.

DOUBLE-YOU

Here's a question for the supporers who have a little longer term memory. Whats the difference between what Cole has done and what players like Kenny Samson, Paul Davis, Steve Williams, Micheal Thomas and even Ian Wright done, when they went to the papers after being pissed off with the manager.

I dont recall these former players being booed. Now i am not condoning Cole for what he has done, but it just seems fans tolerance levels have changed over the years....but i maybe wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom