• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Either one of Lazio's two top keepers would be good options if we want to strengthen on the goalkeeper side. Albano Bizzarri was absolutely brilliant for Catania last season (and he's got a spanish passport so he would qualify for a work permit), for example, but he hasn't played for Lazio yet since his move there in the summer. He's being kept out by Fernando Muslera who's been playing out of his skin for almost a year now.

I'd like an old goalkeeper and a young centreback in january, if possible.

Goonereagle

Might as well Loan Corinthians' Ronaldo now... ;) (Kiddi'.)

With the news of RVP, I think I would welcome Chamakh. He's quick, and he'd give u somethin' in the air--for all of the balls we float in at nothin'. He seems to hate scorin' with his feet, but I'd take him. I liked him V Juve this week. He can lead the line.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
we wont signe Chamakh in January.. Bordeaux are finishing top their group and are going to knockout phase.. they will need Chamakh..

Floating

Established Member
USArsenal said:
we wont signe Chamakh in January.. Bordeaux are finishing top their group and are going to knockout phase.. they will need Chamakh..

They can't really say no, as his contract is expiring in June, and he is free to open negotiations with any club.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Yep. If Wenger still wants Chamakh we'll sign him in january, either on a pre-contract or for a few million pounds and have him join up immediately. Neither would surprise me.

Illusion

Established Member
There are two things working in favour of a Chamakh signing:

#1 His value due to the expiring contract.
#2 RvP's season ending injury.

However there are also traditional Wenger negatives such as killing players development, what happens when everyone is fit and the fact he probably thinks we've got a plentiful supply of strikers already.

kamikaze80

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Yep. If Wenger still wants Chamakh we'll sign him in january, either on a pre-contract or for a few million pounds and have him join up immediately. Neither would surprise me.
you can sign him on a precontract, but that doesnt mean bordeaux have to release him early from his existing contract. there's no way chamakh will be playing for us after the jan transfer window closes.

Smartly Dressed Morris

Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
We should go all out and buy David Villa now that Valencia are willing to sell, what a striker, better than Torres IMO.

Funnily enough I was gonna say that , if we don't wanna lose Cesc in the summer spend our 40 million on villa.

Goonereagle

Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
We should go all out and buy David Villa now that Valencia are willing to sell, what a striker, better than Torres IMO.
This is the fream signing. Would you do it in exchange for Merida and, say, vela plus money? We'd be a different animal with Villa. I wouldn't mind M.Diarra either, as Lassana has pushed him out of Real's first team.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Akinfeev or some other goalkeeper that occasionally saves something.
Hangeland or someone similar.
Matuidi someone who can play Song's role NOW!
Chamakh or whoever who can play proper attack.
We apperently have money, if not Stan does. Spend ffs spend ffs spend ffs!!!!!!!!!

Sell all waste of space. Start with Senderos, Silvestre, Traore, Diaby.
We act like we have all the best young players.

How the **** did we have Flamini, Diarra, Gilberto and Song at one point and only Song in the other? Gilberto could have been one to leave, but Diarra and Flamini surely weren't here to leave soon as they did. Why didn't we loan Diarra instead of selling him? So Diarra and Flamini wouldn't ruin careers of youngsters, but Alonso and Barry would?
Last season we all thought we need another CB. We sold one and bought in one, with one normal CB still missing. Gallas is not going to be here long. We will be left with only 2 proper CBs.
Why are all our players so light and so short?
We all see how dependable we are on Robin now.
I think we are eaqually dependable on several other players who would be very missed if we lose them now: Cesc, Song, Vermaelen, Gallas it would be also Arshavin if he wasn't absolute **** this season.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
Klaus Daimler said:
you can sign him on a precontract, but that doesnt mean bordeaux have to release him early from his existing contract.
Eh, I know. That's why I added "or for a few million pounds and have him join up immediately". It's possible that the benefit of having him available for the run-in of the season outweights the possibility of signing him for free on a precontract. I honestly think Bordeaux would let him go if we offered them £4 million in january.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I would like Douglas to replace Gallas next summer he is a defender from Fc Twente a brazilian, very powerfull,very fast for his height. looks the real deal in a few years.

Lord Dula

Established Member
HollandGooner said:
I would like Douglas to replace Gallas next summer he is a defender from Fc Twente a brazilian, very powerfull,very fast for his height. looks the real deal in a few years.

was impressed by him in last years qualifiers

outlaw_member

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
I honestly think Bordeaux would let him go if we offered them £4 million in january.

Not a chance in hell. 4 million is not worth letting a key player go when you've qualified for the CL 2nd round with rising expectations and a league title to defend.

Kraig

Established Member
akinfeev to replace average al

chiellini to replace gallas (i like gallas, but GC and Verm would dominate)

toulalon to replace denny (keep denny but he needs an upgrade for now)

villa to replace rvp (i dont mean sell rvp, but hes cripped for 5 months and DV is the one who could replace him, or anyone in world football for that matter. Him, torres and goat are the 3 best strikers around - if needs be, give them merida, vela, diaby, senderos, silvestre and about 30 million - just get him!!!)

that, would easily sort our side out!

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Klaus Daimler said:
I honestly think Bordeaux would let him go if we offered them £4 million in january.
Not a chance in hell. 4 million is not worth letting a key player go when you've qualified for the CL 2nd round with rising expectations and a league title to defend.
Of course they lose a key player, but there's a window to replace him at the same time. It's either then or in the summer anyway. What it comes down to is £4 million for a player that will have four months left on his contract. I can see them sell in that case. It's excellent business financially speaking.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom