• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Floating

Established Member
One of each, in order of preference:

CF: D. Villa, E. Dzeko, A.P. Gignac, M. Chamakh

DM: Y. Touré, O. Vukojevic, P. Vieira

GK: M. Neuer, I. Akinfeev

longrufus

Established Member
Bit of a random selection of forwards you put their, each player offer's completely different things. Villa for all his ability would struggle playing up top on his own in this league.

My wishlist
A world class GK
A 25year old Vieira
And Wenger to re-evaluate his squad so that he can realise some player's just arnt good enough.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Been awhile since I had a wishlist. Still think we don't need too much of a change.

Neuer
Toulalan
Subotic

Silvest and Senderos to get lost.

Btw longrufus, why do you want 2 goalkeepers? I remember that Uruguayan was linked with us but didn't he went to Villarreal and flop?

longrufus

Established Member
Oops, spelling mistake there. Basically I want a Vieira to be 25 again and in an Arsenal shirt, it is a wishlist after all.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2755789/Wenger-is-Edin-for-Bosnian-ace.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... R=Football</a>

re-open!

we're doing it!

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I remember us being linked with Vukojevic when he was at Zagreb. He wasn't very good then. How has he progressed since his Zagreb days?

Del Boy

Established Member
I'm going to throw a few names out there and see what people think:

David Beckham
Eidur Gudjohnsen
Óscar Cardozo (Benfica)
Falcao (Porto)
Carlton Cole
Scott Parker
Hugo Rodallega
Benni Mcarthy
Yakubu

Opinions please...

kooldawg

Established Member
Cardozo might be a good option, and i actually wouldn't mind Beckham playing a bit part role for the club when needed, but he will probably go to AC milan. Scott Parker might be a decent option in central midfield but we can do better.

Floating

Established Member
Cardozo and Rodallega are decent, but I'd rather have Gignac.

Does anyone know Flamini's situation at Milan? Is he playing every game? Does he seem happy there? Could he ever be available again?

bertlb2

Welliton. Brazilian (obviously!), 23, top-scorer in the Russian league with 21 in 28. Spartak, so not CL-tied. Think Eduardo.

qs

Established Member
Del Boy said:

David Beckham
Eidur Gudjohnsen
Óscar Cardozo (Benfica)
Falcao (Porto)
Carlton Cole
Scott Parker
Hugo Rodallega
Benni Mcarthy
Yakubu

Opinions please...

I reckon Rodallega could be a good shout.

Definitely no to the likes of Yakubu or Beckham. Both are quality but we need guys who are always fit.

I was thinking Sorenson would be a good shout come January. A massive improvement who would come here and not cost the world.

True Gooner

Established Member
Del Boy said:

David Beckham No
Eidur Gudjohnsen No
Óscar Cardozo (Benfica) Great on FM
Falcao (Porto) No idea
Carlton Cole No
Scott Parker Decent shout - are his injuries behind him?
Hugo Rodallega Dunno - doubt he'd get in the team over Eduardo
Benni Mcarthy No - he's tailed off after his remarkable first season here. Doesn't start too many games for Blackburn either
Yakubu Injury prone but a solid player

Opinions please...

I'm surprised you haven't mentioned Upson. He's a very solid defender.

Del Boy

Established Member
Upson is good I agree. I'm confident with our current CBs though, and I really cannot seeing a new CB from Wenger.

From my list:
Beckham - He is going to Milan but I would have taken him, as he is experienced, still good for his age and has a great free kick.

Mcarthy/Yakubu - Two players that have their best years behind them but I feel Wenger could get the best out of them. Too injury prone now though so won't happen.

Parker - Great engine on him and is a leader. Best worker at their club and always helping the young players according to their interviews. Would be very useful.

Falcao - Meant to be the next big thing from S America. Porto snapped him up and United are rumoured to interested. Haven't seen alot of him but he is playing very well this year.

Cardozo - Very strong player and a good all round striker. He will get a big move soon, would be my first choice.

Cole - Playing brilliant this season and last, beast physically and at the perfect age.

Gudjohnsen - Meh just brought it up.

Rodellaga - Looking like a great player for Wigan.

kooldawg

Established Member
Yeah i like what i see of Cardozo, would be just the under the radar signing that Wenger can pull off.

Cardozo and a good strong CM would be what i need.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I won't take any of those players. There are much much better options world wide than those mediocres

Del Boy

Established Member
Clrnc said:
I won't take any of those players. There are much much better options world wide than those mediocres
This snobbery is starting to annoy me. Just like the words "Arsenal quality" that were banded about earlier.

If you're telling me none of those players would improve the side you are off your rocker.

And name a few of these other "worldwide" stars that are in our price range and we can discuss this. Start bringing up Villa,Buffon and other world class players that we will not bid for then your post just won't make sense.

Zico

Established Member
I think a doable shopping list over the next two transfer windows includes

1) Bruno Alves - central defender
2) Marouane Chamakh - centre forward
3) Poulsen - defensive midfielder

Poulsen and Alves are older, but they must have about 3 or so good years left in them.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom