• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

15th Anniversary Of Hillsborough...~~JFT96~~ All Please Read

IW8

Iron Monkey said:
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Show some respect. I'm old enough to remember that tragic day and the terrible pictures coming onto the TV screens. Like EVERY football fan I thought but for the grace of God.

Good luck with your campaign Steve.

PS: I won't be able to join the boycott because I NEVER buy the **** anyway :wink:

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I'm really pleased that Steve, and people like Steve, keep the flame alive for the familes and the fans. Hillsborough was one of the most appauling events I've ever witnessed; maybe the first ever live on television, shared by the nation.

And the political response to it, encapsulated by the Sun, was simply disgusting.

Best of luck with your campaign.

Every real football fan, and any decent person, should support you in it.

stevieboy2k

Thanks everyone, it warms the heart to see people supporting the campaign to boycott the sun and also in the fight for justice.

I was wondering if anybody could help by pointing me in the direction of some other football forums, arsenal or other teams so i can spread the word of this boycott.

Once again thanks and please please tell anybody that you see with that rag in their hands why they shouldnt have it. Thankyou

A

Anonymous

I can remember it like yesterday! the graphic sceens the tv cameras beamed across the globe of Kids getting crushed to death, is burnt into my memory for ever, i've never looked at that rag paper since.

YNWA.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Steve , good luck in your quest.
My friend lives in Liverpool, and she told me what it was like for her.

Soler

Established Member
Under my location it says "From London to Sheffield to Adelaide". Even though I and my father were born in London, his parents lived in Sheffield nearly all of their lives. My Uncle, who is a Wednesday fan, was at that game with a group of Forest fans he knew from work, sitting in the South Stand (I think) - they went with him since he was at Hillsborough every second week and they usually drove to the City Ground. Saw the whole thing.

RIP.

lewdikris

Established Member
Thanks for putting this up Stevieboy2k. So many Arsenal fans remember 1989 as the greatest footballing moment of their lives - but it's too easy to forget the terrible cost that was part of the story behind that night.

I was 11 when Hillsborough happened, and I can remember the shock watching it on TV, the period when no-one was sure what was happening, and the terrible moment when it became only too clear.

Best of luck with your campaign.

stevieboy2k

Just bumping this back to the top.

Congratulations on todays win, it was a decent game and you just edged it.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Iron Monkey said:
:roll: :roll: :roll:

What's the matter with you?

I remember it like it was yesterday, I was getting my haircut and the hairdresser had Grandstand on. It's chilling just thinking about it.

Oh and I started boycotting the s*n last year.
Respect to Liverpool.

torgrim

All the best Stevie, hope the boycott goes well and is effective. The old Shankley quote on the importance of football being larger than life is put to shame when one remembers that tragic event. And "You'll never walk alone" will always give me the shivers, regardless if it's sung by The Kop or the Celtic lads, they are just like us- football fans following their team.

stevieboy2k

Thanks, Shanks' quote is cetainly put into perspective when you look at tragedies like Hillsborough and the Munich air disaster.

Just got back from the Charlton game and it was good to see giant "dont buy the s*n" posters on walls and people taking the time to read them.

The lies the s*n told will never be forgotten or forgiven, nor will the fight for justice.

stevieboy2k

Natnat said:
I put it on sticky for you.

Thanks its much appreciated. Its vital that people know what really happened to rid the ignorance from some, if justice is ever going to be got.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom