• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

15th Anniversary Of Hillsborough...~~JFT96~~ All Please Read

KingReyes

Established Member
StevieBoy2K, Well done.

All the best because you totally deserve it!
And as for the victims on that they...They Will Never Walk Alone.

michael_334

If i could have that email that your sending around forwarded to me at michael_334@hotmail.com that would be great.

As a 'young supporter' i am aware of what happened and how the sun portrayed it in a false way.

I know next time im in England. I wont be buying the ****.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
I sincerely hope that justice is obtained but don't think it ever will be.

The whole thing was followed by a tissue of lies and half truths from the authorities. CCTV footage from a camera that showed everything was mysteriously lost by the police, who then claimed the camera was never working (the tape has since surfaced).

The crass hypocricy that followed was typical of the time, and the goverments agenda. I remember the poor father who was told he would get no compensation for seeing his daughter dying on live television because he hadn't been there, whilst the officers directly and wholly responsible for the tragedy took early retirement with a nice pay off and avoided charges as they were no longer serving officers. C*nts.

As for the sun, haven't bought it since.

Thank you for bringing this up and please feel free to return anytime to post further information. As someone who was at Highbury that day and at Anfield hanging my scarf on the gates on the monday, I hope the families find peace and the murdered souls can finally rest in peace.

stevieboy2k

Thanks for all your kind words everyone, its people like yourselves that are vital in educating others. Its easy for you to ignore if because it didnt affect your club and i have admiration for you guys for showing the respect and taking time to educate people, aswell as not buying the s*n.

Before the Fulham game, which was the nearest to the anniversary, i went to visit the memorial and the emotion and feelings that came over me whilst i was just standing there sent a shiver down my spine. To look at the ages of some people that died,a lad as young as 10, and then imagine my own neice being taken away from us, all because she went to watch a football match, was horrifying and very humbling. Looking at all of the tributes and reading some of the cards brought a tear to my eye and made me feel very solemn.
It was nice to see tributes from all different clubs, everton,derby,forest,villa,newcastle etc, and its good to know that fans from all clubs think about the 96 at this time of year.

Next time any of you boys are up at Anfield pop along to the HJC shop which is situtated on the road behind the kop, you'll be most welcome and theres badges etc you can buy,of which all profits go towards the fight for justice.

Once again many thanks and congratulations on the championship win.

MAK

Sorry for coming in late to this thread. I'm not often in this forum.

1989 will always be a special year for us older Arsenal fans. That night in Anfield will always bring a tear to our eyes. For me I can never recall of that night without a thought for the 96 who lost their lives only 6 weeks before. I remeber thinking during the day that if was right to want us to win and would we taking something away from the berieved. The way the all Liverpudlians stood up both at the Cup Final and at the game at Anfield told me that even though their loss would haunt them forever the result of this game would not. We Gooners often think that the heroes that night were our boys in yellow and navy blue. The true heroes were the many Scousers who were finding a way through the adversity and the many who still are.

We were supposed to play Liverpool the very next match. Of course the club did the right thing and offered to postpone the game and also offered total support to Liverpool FC and the City. As did all of football and the whole nation. During the break from football almost every ground was covered in flowers and scarves as a tribute to those that had perished.

I also believe that a special bond between our two clubs was formed at that time. When we took to the pitch and players handed out bouquets to the Liverpool fans I almost lost it. To this day it one the most emotional scenes I have witnessed in football.

The disaster clearly touched the nation. So to see the heinous lies in the **** could not have been more shocking. To be found guilty of lying and not to offer an apology is criminal. I never bought that rag so couldn't boycott it as such but I do try and spread the word. To this no one has been held accountable. The Establishment could not treat the victimes and their families with more contempt if they tried. One day justice will be done.

Everything that is wrong with Britain today is summed up in the Sun and no more so than its treatment of Hillsborough...

liam346

An emotional time is an understatement, what i will NEVER forget was the picturs of half the pitch at Anfield covered in floral bouqets from football lovers everywhere>I especially remember one from panathinaikos for some reason........

AAnother was Milan playing Real MAdrid, the gam,e stopping and the Milan fans singing YNWA....haunting!But a tribute to those so unnecassarily lost

stevieboy2k

I cant begin to say how touched i am at reading the posts of support. I'd just like to post the following showing why we still fight.

The following was written by Peter Carney of the HJC, and sums up your support perfectly.

WHY WE WALK ON (or why have a Justice Campaign)

WE WALK with hope in our hearts and friends at our side in a struggle to continue challenging the verdicts and opinions which contradict the living experiences of those who survived pens 3 & 4 and the who were bereaved by the storm we have come to know as HILLSBOROUGH.

WE WALK ON in order to show our challenge continues through Anne Williams efforts to have the cause and verdicts on Kevin’s death overturned, to show that survivors still suffer the ill effects of the disaster and challenge the legal lice who ripped us off when we needed their help.

WE WALK ON to continue our challenge to the rancid rag and their rugger rat mates, who spit in our face when all we ask for is the real truth to be told.

WE WALK ON to show solidarity and share proper Sun shine with those we know have had to face a similar struggle. Like the father arrested at Walton while his infant child was taken to Alder Hey, or the mother who was taken to Styal, while her infants lay helpless, all killed by a condition which even the new DNA project will take more than a lifetime to unravel or understand.

WE WALK ON to gather and gain support from each other, support from the likes of you here today, support from those who will still listen, support from those who have made donations, support from those who have organised or taken part in auctions, football tournaments, half marathons, support from those who have bought a book or a badge or a T-shirt.

WE WALK ON because we know with your support we CAN get stronger about how we feel, and clearer about what we need to say or do. WE WALK ON because we know WE CAN change the experience, verdicts and tales of Hillsborough, WE CAN change the minds of FHM magazine and gain a retraction from Michael Moore, WE CAN open a shop of our own, and with the help of friends like you, WE CAN continue to show that our living experience is the REAL TRUTH ABOUT HILLSBOROUGH.

WE WALK BECAUSE YOU HOLD OUR HAND THROUGH THE STORM AND WE WILL NEVER WALK ALONE, THAT’S WHY WE WALK.

BIG BIG THANKS FROM THE HILLSBOROUGH JUSTICE CAMPAIGN.

When the fight for Justice finally succeeds, as it surely must, it is YOU who support the HJC who will be able to hold your heads up high.

Our 96 fellow supporters Never walked alone.

stevieboy2k

The Hillsborough Justice Campaign Shop is now located at 178 Walton Breck Road, opposite the Albert pub. For the Fulham home game to be played on Saturday 17th April (kick-off 15.00) the shop will be open from 12.00 until 5 minutes before kick-off. The shop will also be open for around half an hour after the game.

Everyone is welcome to call in and talk to members of the Hillsborough Justice Campaign team and meet fellow Reds. Please make the HJC shop your rendezvous point for meeting your friends before and after any Liverpool home game. Everyone will be made very welcome.

The Hillsborough Justice Campaign shop opens its doors to everyone - whoever you are, wherever you’re from, all are welcome. Upstairs, there is a large meeting room at the front. On match day, everyone is welcome to sit and have a chat with members of the team. The meeting room includes a kitchen area, with facilities for making hot drinks. Lavatory facilities are also available.

Regular updates concerning HJC merchandise, fundraising events, poems and supporters thoughts on the Hillsborough tragedy are available free of charge from the shop.
There are many items on-site for you to purchase - books, badges, and a variety of T-shirts, posters and many other items. All monies raised will go towards the Campaign for Justice and for the upkeep of the shop. There are many pictures on the shop walls relating to Hillsborough and Liverpool FC in general. These extend into a walkway at the rear of the shop.

Here are some of the items that are available:-
Badge - Yellow original £2.00
Badge - Red eternal flame £2.00
Badge - Don’t buy the Sxn £2.00
Key ring eternal flame £4.00
Scarf £4.00
Lighter £1.00
Words of Tribute (original) £1.50
Mugs £5.00
**** T-shirts £8.00
T-shirt - 96 £6.00
Anne Williams book £10.00
Polo shirts £14.00
T-shirt - black £7.00
Partizan Media T-shirts (various) £15.00

Anne Williams book “When you walk through the storm” One mother’s struggle for justice and how she discovered the true circumstances of her son’s death. A very moving story and a “must read” for those who would like to find out what really went on behind the scenes.

The HJC website has recently been updated, please visit it regularly to find out the latest news concerning the fight for JUSTICE and other related matters.

www.contrast.org/hillsborough

Where to send donations / orders too:
You can order and make payment by Paypal to: john_mac@blueyonder.co.uk
Please leave a message in the section provided to say what items you require (and sizes – colours etc, if applicable).

You can either pay by cheque or postal order made payable to the Hillsborough Justice Campaign (Don’t forget to mention which size you require) and send to:

John McCormick, 16 Acton Road, Kirkby, Liverpool, L32 0TT

Robbie Ashcroft, 48 Marina Crescent, Netherton, Bootle, Merseyside, L30 1RR

Hillsborough Justice Campaign
P O Box 1089
178 Walton Breck Road
Liverpool
L69 4WR

If paying by cheque or postal order, please allow 10-14 days for delivery, please ensure that you make them payable to the Hillsborough Justice Campaign.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould
Top Bottom