• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mm76

Yer Da
They expect Ramsey to be similar to Cazorla or Özil and by thinking that way they are setting Ramsey to fail before a ball has been kicked.

no, i just expect him to play in position and not try stupid stunts which inevitably end up in giving the ball away and often costing us a goal - his attitude is totally unprofessional and no other club woudl indulge him IMO

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Ramsey is extremely poor with the ball. We are a higher quality team and likely to dominate possession rather than play reactive like how lower mid table clubs or a mediocre quality national team play which suits Ramsey. There is nothing rocket science about why Ramsey struggles at a footballing team a bit above his talent and skill level.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

no, i just expect him to play in position and not try stupid stunts which inevitably end up in giving the ball away and often costing us a goal - his attitude is totally unprofessional and no other club woudl indulge him IMO
What @GDeep™ said. Nothing unprofessional about his attitude. If anything as I've wrote about playing through injuries shows an exemplary professional attitude especially when compared to Luke Shaw for instance who has had his fitness levels questioned by all his managers and willingness to play questioned by his current. Or Sturridge who has been questioned by Klopp.

You're also basically saying you don't want him to make mistakes hate to break it but even Messi makes mistakes. He often isn't out of position either. He is a box to.box midfielder he has to move up and down. He isn't The Flash and can't cover 20 yards in a blink of an eye. Which is why the team should be positioned to cover just as they should have been positioned correctly against City. Oddly enough against Leicester our defensive positions were spot on.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Ramsey ATM is mediocre, people want to hate on Coquelin but while Coquelin deserved to be dropped after his series of jaw dropping poor form I am not sure there is much Ramsey can do that Coquelin can't do. Ramsey doesn't have a better touch, isn't a better passer, isn't more intelligent, doesn't defend better, doesn't work harder, isn't a better finisher..... if Ramsey is good enough I am not sure why Coquelin isn't good enough either. Same could be said about Elneny, there is not much Ramsey can do that Elneny can't do better.

Ted_Lasso

Ramsey ATM is mediocre, people want to hate on Coquelin but while Coquelin deserved to be dropped after his series of jaw dropping poor form I am not sure there is much Ramsey can do that Coquelin can't do. Ramsey doesn't have a better touch, isn't a better passer, isn't more intelligent, doesn't defend better, doesn't work harder, isn't a better finisher..... if Ramsey is good enough I am not sure why Coquelin isn't good enough either. Same could be said about Elneny, there is not much Ramsey can do that Elneny can't do better.
Yea, I totally disagree. Ramsey most certainly is a better finisher and a better passer. Looked closer to form today in light of the circumstances.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Yea, I totally disagree. Ramsey most certainly is a better finisher and a better passer. Looked closer to form today in light of the circumstances.
Well, lucky for us he's coming into form just at the right time, oh wait...I've lost patience with Ramsey, if he needs most of the season to come to form then I say get rid. Injuries shouldn't be used as an excuse, he isn't suddenly going to turn injury free - this is what you're going to get from him. While he may be better than Coq/El Neny that just shows how poor our current crop of midfielders are.

Vibra

Established Member
He might still go for 30m due to the new tv deal, the likes of West Ham and Everton would probably love to have him. Whether he'd go there is another question

Zazu

He's had enough chances, he's still living off of 13/14 IMO, he thinks he's better than he actually is.

Every match he plays now he tries stupid fancy flicks that never end up coming off, losing us the ball when we've been starting a promising attack. he really infuriates me cause when he sticks to the simple things he can be great.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I refuse to stop believing

Even a supercharged Hemi will stutter when placed in a 20 year old car with bad suspension, bad brakes, rusty frame and bad wiring

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Not a central midfielder, especially useless in a two man midfield.

Im starting to realise none of our partnerships in midfield are good enough for a successful 2 man midfield.
Ramsey, Xhaka, ElNeny, Coq are all players who are one trick ponies at the moment.

Our players either dont have enough energy, such as Xhaka, or when they do they are piss poor at everything else.

If we played a midfield three lets say Xhaka, Coq, Santi it would be a better use of their talent as they can focus on their role. You only successfuly use a 2 man midfield if you have all rounder players like Dembele, Naingolan, Vidal, Naby Keita types of men in there.

GoonerJay24

Im starting to realise none of our partnerships in midfield are good enough for a successful 2 man midfield.
Ramsey, Xhaka, ElNeny, Coq are all players who are one trick ponies at the moment.

Our players either dont have enough energy, such as Xhaka, or when they do they are piss poor at everything else.

If we played a midfield three lets say Xhaka, Coq, Santi it would be a better use of their talent as they can focus on their role. You only successfuly use a 2 man midfield if you have all rounder players like Dembele, Naingolan, Vidal, Naby Keita types of men in there.

I think Xhaka and Elneny could work with Chamberlain on the right who would come into midfield to make it a three when we're not on the ball.

Last edited:

IslingtonBornandbred

I was at the game. First and foremost before we talk about technical attributes or other things, what I saw from Ramsey high level of enthusiasm, a desire to work hard, he worked really really hard and tried to put in as many tackles as possible, he was trying to affect the game bursting into the box, he was bursting forward and then bursting back.

He gave everything he had. He was making 40 yard runs to get forward, knowing he would have to make a 40 yard run to get back in position and he was doing it.

Regardless of his actual technical output, which was good, decent and he had a couple of give away's, he didn't hide. Possibly Monreal and OX even if he was forced to defend showed anywhere near the same belief and will to win. Welbeck also had a spring in his step when he came on.

Sanchez and Özil weren't doing the hard yards. Xhaka was hiding. Gibbs was timid. Giroud didn't fancy it. Gabriel was Gabriel. Kos has been putting in strange performances in recent months. These are the players that let us down today.

If everyone matched Ramsey's bravery and desire yesterday, we wouldn't have lost.

For that and based on his past performances and his bad luck with injuries (some which have been as a result of mismanagement), I'm more than willing to forgive a few flicks or attempts at something that doesn't come off and keep him around.

* And on a side note, even though people cry about Ramsey playing on the right, we've played some of us best football in recent years awith him on the right. The cup final vs Villa being one and the games previously. The 3-0 at home with United was the same and the 4-1 at home against Liverpool in 2015. In an ideal world we have so many different variations of line-ups with either pace out wide with OX/Walcott or more structure i.e Ramsey/Iwobi.

Last edited:

skip spence

I was at the game. First and foremost before we talk about technical attributes or other things, what I saw from Ramsey high level of enthusiasm, a desire to work hard, he worked really really hard and tried to put in as many tackles as possible, he was trying to affect the game bursting into the box, he was bursting forward and then bursting back.

He gave everything he had. He was making 40 yard runs to get forward, knowing he would have to make a 40 yard run to get back in position and he was doing it.

Regardless of his actual technical output, which was good, decent and he had a couple of give away's, he didn't hide. Possibly Monreal and OX even if he was forced to defend showed anywhere near the same belief and will to win. Welbeck also had a spring in his step when he came on.

Sanchez and Özil weren't doing the hard yards. Xhaka was hiding. Gibbs was timid. Giroud didn't fancy it. Gabriel was Gabriel. Kos has been putting in strange performances in recent months. These are the players that let us down today.

If everyone matched Ramsey's bravery and desire yesterday, we wouldn't have lost.

For that and based on his past performances and his bad luck with injuries (some which have been as a result of mismanagement), I'm more than willing to forgive a few flicks or attempts at something that doesn't come off and keep him around.

* And on a side note, even though people cry about Ramsey playing on the right, we've played some of us best football in recent years awith him on the right. The cup final vs Villa being one and the games previously. The 3-0 at home with United was the same and the 4-1 at home against Liverpool in 2015. In an ideal world we have so many different variations of line-ups with either pace out wide with OX/Walcott or more structure i.e Ramsey/Iwobi.
Good post! Really can't see why people be hatin on Ramsey. Has been unlucky with injuries but when fit he's clearly our best CM unless Santi gets back to his best which is starting to seem unlikely. Levels above the likes of Coq, Elnenny and Xhaka who are all far too limited.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom